Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Does Anyone Else Miss Jetpacks?

OP BriefingData09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I absolutely loved the Halo Reach use of Jetpacks in some of the missions and the maps. Halo 4''s use was decent but needed a little improvement (air time was far too short). I miss the tall expansive maps which allowed for jetpack use. I think Halo 5 has a few capable maps for the height variable. Would anyone else like to see their return to gameplay?
I loved when players used jet packs, it's a linear moving object that's extremely easy to four shot.
Not at all... breaks map flow and predictability.
I enjoyed them in the campaign, but don't really miss them there. I do miss Rock 'n Rail though.
How about in Warzone?
How about in Warzone?
The only way I could see it working is in the form of a boost ie: speed and damage boosts. It'd probably have to be mapped to the jump button to work well. It could be fun to use, but it would probably not fit well in this Halo.
I wasn't much a fan of the jetpack, never really used it.

If they added it I wouldn't use it, but if other people like it, more power to them.
Couldn't agree more. I wasn't a fan of the jetpacks. Not in the least bit.
Nope... huge gimmick.
They were way to gimmicky and really broke multiplayer maps.
I would like jet packs, the only problem is that people will easily get to places and ground pound constantly. I would like the bubble shield back (just a side note).
Jet pack was fun but don't miss it that much, what I do miss a lot from Halo Reach is armor lock! Having ghosts or warthogs charging into you and BAM :p also the EMP effect you made when breaking the lock against any enemy standing next to you, BAM beat down and easy kill ;) oh the memories </3
I wouldn't mind jetpacks but only if it was in like warzone. It doesn't fit arena gameplay at but could make for some fun warzone maps.
I liked jet packs. Prefer Bubble Shields though. Holograms would've been good if they did mock attacks (ex- shooting near players but missing intentionally, advanced movement, etc). Armor Lock was fun, too.
Disliked jetpacks a lot, breaks the point of map control when you can go where ever you want.
I think they should return for campaign and customs only... And maybe action sack games.
I do miss them. It was fun to design bounty hunter maps with jetpacks in mind for the hunter. Personally I'd take the Reach Jetpack over the Thruster pack any day. Sure the thruster allows you to dodge most 1 hit kills if your aware of it, but that removes the skill that Halo used to have. You gotta make a choice, go out and fight to the death with little chance of escape or use the maps cover to move around behind the enemy and flank them, the only reason thrusters seem to work with Halo 5 are the pitifully small size of the arena maps.
I thought they were kind of annoying but I have not played Reach in a whiiiile.
Eapetus wrote:
I would like jet packs, the only problem is that people will easily get to places and ground pound constantly. I would like the bubble shield back (just a side note).
How about having the bubble shiels as an armor mod (similar to the extra grenade armor mods)?
BxRAD R wrote:
I loved when players used jet packs, it's a linear moving object that's extremely easy to four shot.
This guy gets it 👍
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2