Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does anyone else take long Halo 5 breaks?

OP NeoDartShOOteR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
I'm just gonna start this off and say I enjoy halo 5, I want to love it but it's hard sometimes with all it's competitiveness, micro transactions, and some hostile community members, I still thinks it's a good and decent game but sometimes I just have to put it down for a while. Halo 5 is the only halo game I have played and stopped playing for a month or two. My first online halo was Reach and it is my favorite halo , I know some people will say I'm a halo baby or that I wasn't there for the good ole days. I love the halo franchise, played all the games, read most of the books, watch youtubers and some MLG streams. With that being said, Halo 5 is the only halo game ever to actually make me take a couple months away from it. So I was wondering if anybody else felt the same way or may have had similar experiences with past halo games? I want to hear your opinions.
I've been starting to do this too, but my breaks are usually a week or two. I totally get what you mean. Then when I come back I don't take it so seriously and I enjoy playing again.
I took a few weeks off once, but I came back ready for more playtime than ever.
I like to say that I was pretty good at Halo 5 then I took a 3 month break and came back extremely rusty don't think i'll take that long of a break again
I don't play on weekdays, if that counts.
I don't play on weekdays, if that counts.
Lol, I just mean if you play a lot of halo 5 and just put it down for a couple weeks or a month. So like if you decided not to play halo 5 for the next couple weekends after playing it a good bit the weekends prior
I like to say that I was pretty good at Halo 5 then I took a 3 month break and came back extremely rusty don't think i'll take that long of a break again
Lol yeah, the same thing happened to me with Payday 2, recently went back to it and boy was I rusty.
When I do, I end up playing longer than normal when I come back
The longest i've taken off is a week. Usually if anything I'll take no more than 2 days off before it starts calling again
l000Flan k wrote:
When I do, I end up playing longer than normal when I come back
I do the same, kinda getting back into the groove a bit. I'm starting to play some halo again after getting off one of my breaks. I haven't played any arena yet, only firefight so far as that's my favorite gametype, action sack is a close second.
Once I get the Mark IV armor, I'll go on a permanent break from H5 except for forge.
Once I get the Mark IV armor, I'll go on a permanent break from H5 except for forge.
A good goal, I haven't got that armor either. It looks pretty cool, and it seems like a good point to stop since it's random, lol.
I took a break for about a month and a half and it was nice. I had some other personal things going on but I also didn't have the time. When I came back it was refreshing and I haven't taken a break since. Probably gonna take one once the semester is over tbh.
I'm just gonna start this off and say I enjoy halo 5, I want to love it but it's hard sometimes with all it's competitiveness, micro transactions, and some hostile community members, I still thinks it's a good and decent game but sometimes I just have to put it down for a while. Halo 5 is the only halo game I have played and stopped playing for a month or two. My first online halo was Reach and it is my favorite halo , I know some people will say I'm a halo baby or that I wasn't there for the good ole days. I love the halo franchise, played all the games, read most of the books, watch youtubers and some MLG streams. With that being said, Halo 5 is the only halo game ever to actually make me take a couple months away from it. So I was wondering if anybody else felt the same way or may have had similar experiences with past halo games? I want to hear your opinions.
I HAVE to take breaks.. I just uninstalled it about an hour ago (I seem to keep coming back to Halo even though I got GoW4 & BF1 a few days ago) to take a little break from the game. As much as I want to be able to have a great time every game of Arena despite the outcome, between teammates somehow going -8 as an Onyx and the random disconnections, I can't seem to be able to control the stress and frustration it brings along at times. I know, I know. It's just a game. But the fact of the matter is people want to win, and when you lose and get punished for something you have no control over, it's going to cause frustration. So yes, I take breaks. Sometimes it's days, sometimes its weeks. I think I need a couple weeks.
I HAVE to take breaks.. I just uninstalled it about an hour ago (I seem to keep coming back to Halo even though I got GoW4 & BF1 a few days ago) to take a little break from the game. As much as I want to be able to have a great time every game of Arena despite the outcome, between teammates somehow going -8 as an Onyx and the random disconnections, I can't seem to be able to control the stress and frustration it brings along at times. I know, I know. It's just a game. But the fact of the matter is people want to win, and when you lose and get punished for something you have no control over, it's going to cause frustration. So yes, I take breaks. Sometimes it's days, sometimes its weeks. I think I need a couple weeks.
I agree, breaks for me feel necessary at this point. I recently reinstalled halo since I'm coming back to it, I just wish it didn't take up so much space. But have fun playing gears 4 and battlefield 1, those are great games.
I've got a ton of games that need beating, so I'm only gonna be on Halo for the Infection for a while.
I've got a ton of games that need beating, so I'm only gonna be on Halo for the Infection for a while.
Infections pretty good, could be better but I haven't played it in a while and I know they updated it with new maps. So I'm just glad they restocked it as it was getting dull.
I essentially took-off the summer ( I live in the US) after my company earned Achilles.

I've recently came back on for something to do until I get a new game on Black Friday.
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
I essentially took-off the summer ( I live in the US) after my company earned Achilles.

I've recently came back on for something to do until I get a new game on Black Friday.
Nice, personally I don't want to spend the time to get achilles as I'm just fine with the three sets of armor I usually use. Not to diminish any spartan companies achievement on getting it, but I just found it a waste of time. But good on you and your spartan company on getting it.
ZEROF0RCE wrote:

Nice, personally I don't want to spend the time to get achilles as I'm just fine with the three sets of armor I usually use. Not to diminish any spartan companies achievement on getting it, but I just found it a waste of time. But good on you and your spartan company on getting it.
Yeah the long boring winters where I am made it a little more palatable (since I needed indoor activity), but the grind was real.

Looking-back, I'm not sure why I cared so much honestly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12