Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Does Halo 2 Beam Rifle count towards Commendation?

OP A Navy of Ducks

I could of sworn one match in warzone it counted the kills and this last match I has 12 kills with it and it gave me 2 beam rifle kill medals and no credit towards the commendation. So which is it? Should I dump em and only use base beam rifle? So close to finishing it

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/warzone/matches/16d8225d-f166-4276-b190-9d38bab08eef/players/awoodenleg?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

My match, I am Awoodenleg, shows 12 kills with it, 2 medals and 9 sniper headshot medals. So confused.
I wouldn't know, but I would stay to the base Beam Rifle if your working on Commendations. Unless there is something wrong with the code that recognizes it maybe?
Everything is off but yea just gonna skip the H2 ones for now, was made too, had 12 kills, one of my best games ever
I can confirm that the Halo 2 Beam Rifle does not count towards the Beam Rifle commediation. I just got a kill with it in Warzone and my commediation counter did not move up.
Yup, H2 Beam Rifle no-workee for Beam Rifle Commendation. Had a WZ game, got 7 kills with the H2 BR, no commendation progress. Next game, got a kill with a H5 BR, commendation counter moved.
No it doesn't count the halo 2 beam rifle this is easy to check on capture the flag! Maybe because they don't glare on enemies they chose not to hook us up. It sucks
This does suck I had a crazy game with the H2 beam rifle in ODST slayer and my commendations didn't move. I guess I'll go into warzone to finish out the beam rifle kills.
This does suck I had a crazy game with the H2 beam rifle in ODST slayer and my commendations didn't move. I guess I'll go into warzone to finish out the beam rifle kills.
The perfect place to complete the Beam Rifle commendation is probably Super Fiesta due to spawning with a random weapon where the Beam Rifle is included in the pool of possible weapons.
The perfect place to complete the Beam Rifle commendation is probably Super Fiesta due to spawning with a random weapon where the Beam Rifle is included in the pool of possible weapons.
This is a good point. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
No, the H2 Beam Rifle does not count towards the Beam Rifle Kill commendation as far as I know. You have more luck in Super Fiesta and its BTB variant as there is a chance you will spawn with the other Beam Rifle (either the normal one or the two variants Sword of the Faithful and Krith's Left Hand).
This is a good point. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
Super Fiesta is also a relatively good playlist when it comes to grinding the other weapon commendations as there exist a chance that you spawn with the weapon which means that you are less reliant on weapon pickups.
Please don't revive old topics thanks