Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Does halo 5 really require skill?

OP NACHO826halo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I'm just curious.
Play a few FFA's and you'll know the answer.
Limeshake wrote:
So I guess it doesn't.
To play well I assume yes. Now the real question is if Halo 5 requires more/less/equal skill than previous games.
That being said I have no clue on how to measure skill.
Limeshake wrote:
So I guess it doesn't.
You sure? You've ranked Champion so I'd assume you'd know that it does, you couldn't have made it there without having skill.
I just assumed people died at random, so I don't even fire a shot. Maybe I should try using the weapons.
Yeah it does because somebody who has never touched a video game can understand it well but not be familliar with in game movement
Limeshake wrote:
So I guess it doesn't.
Your #139 in Champion League for Slayer.... this is clearly a troll post
Yes, it requires skill.
Halo 5 does not require much skill. It actually requires the least amount of skill out of any Halo. The amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism in this game is absurd. This game is more of a twitch shooter like cod so it's much easier to get kills, also further proving this game doesn't take much skill are things like ground pound and Spartan charge, pretty gimmicky ways to get easy cheap kills.
I personally find aiming A LOT easier in previous halos, and had the most struggle getting anywhere in h5's mp than any other game ive played.
I don't really think so. I have been playing halo overall for almost 3 weeks and I feel like I am starting to become a very decent player. Now do i think i can compete in tournaments and esports? Hell no but i feel like in the past 3 weeks i have been doing a bit better here and there.
I just assumed people died at random, so I don't even fire a shot. Maybe I should try using the weapons.
You sir just made my night and I thank you for it. I like to think people will stop fighting each other and just be friends....... doesn't work btw.
I don't really think so. I have been playing halo overall for almost 3 weeks and I feel like I am starting to become a very decent player. Now do i think i can compete in tournaments and esports? Hell no but i feel like in the past 3 weeks i have been doing a bit better here and there.
You have only played Action Sack and Firefight. That is not a enough variety for a good judgment of the game.

Now go to the ranked playlists, mainly Team Arena or HCS, and come back with your assessment if it takes skill.
I’d say yes most of the time your playing.
I mean I’m awful at it, and some people kill me more often than others. Now I don’t think those people who kill me more often are doing that out of luck.
The question at hand is entirely subjective; that's up to you to decide. Some people are simply really good, while others may not share the same traits. If you factor in the playlist, gamemode, and the players in queue, that should give you an indication of what you can improve upon.

Personally, I'm not too bad of a player myself, though sometimes I can struggle on certain occasions.
Not as much as previous halo games the bullet magnetism is strong that you can kill them without the reticle on them thats why it seems like you die when behind cover because it can clip through walls
Limeshake wrote:
So I guess it doesn't.
Well any game needs skill but H5 is mostly a flinch shooter so it's more about who shoots first, which is more about luck than skill.
I say it is much more competitive with all the advance movement abilities, and knowing map flow is key; try neglecting the regular and effective use of those in FFA and you'll get mowed over easily!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3