Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does It Matter Who The Fireteam Leader Is?

OP SnipeOut Boy

Does anyone know if the fireteam leader affects who you match with?

I've played with several different groups of people who all put the lowest ranking in the fireteam as the leader. They say it draws other lower ranked players. That hasn't been my experience, but they swear by it. My understanding is that it is total MMR for the team.

Thoughts?

I've played with several different groups of people who all put the lowest ranking in the fireteam as the leader. They say it draws other lower ranked players. That hasn't been my experience, but they swear by it. My understanding is that it is total MMR for the team.

Thoughts?
Fireteam leader has zero impact on who you match with.
Your match made game will always be composed by the cumulative MMR/CSR of your Fireteam.
yes I believe that the MMR is counted for the whole team.
Guessing it's just a confirmation bias/superstition thing. People think it works because they think it works.

Thoughts?
It's always supposed to search by total MMR strength of your team, but I have friends who also believe what you're saying and I've also first hand experienced the outcomes of changing the fire team leader. They were not wrong. They do the opposite though and promote the highest tier player to shift the matches for more csr payout. One of our friends said it's BS that he didn't believe it matters who the host was, so they put him as host. The match that followed immediately was easier. ( highest player was champ, lowest was mid daimond)

Coincidence? Idk man. I mean...also it might affect where the players are pulled from maybe? Like if a team has 1 player from outside the US on their team and that player is the host vs isn't. Would that depict where the match maker pulls the players from? I've personally experienced a match change into a full plat lobby by promoting this dude from Canada we play with sometimes. He doesn't get a chance to play often so he never really gets to move up, (really good homie though) but he himself said to let him be host and that the matches would be easier. It happened. We got like 1 csr points for those wins though and they weren't even fun. Players just kept quitting. Coincidence though? Idk man.

Overall though its primary function is to find players of similar MMR where the odds shouldn't severely favor 1 team...but.....the population ain't that big man. Not always an option. At the end of the day...its hard to tell. I think the global aspect of where that player is on the map might be what changes, and the available players existing change maybe.

I can honestly say I've experienced both. Where it matters, and where it didn't seem to make a difference.

Thoughts?
The fireteam leader is the one who chooses which mode to put, it is the only thing that is special, it does not affect progress or anything special; just that.