Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does MMR carry across game modes?

OP Shotshaper88

I was wondering if MMR carries across game modes? For example if I go to Husky raid and get a high KD does that then translate to a tougher match In competitive slayer?
I believe MMR is a global statistic - it’ll carry over to everything as it’s more account based than mode based
Each playlist has its own MMR.
In my experience, accounting for when higher tier players have played with me and they're in unranked playlists they normally don't play...I get matched with champions. I've never been champion or even high onyx. I've made low onyx a few times and that's about it.

Imo, from my experience, it carries over. It wouldn't make sense that a champ player just casually goes into another playlist to destroy other players as if that occurrence is the equivalent of making a secondary GT to smurf on. I highly doubt it works that way.
Pheinted wrote:
In my experience, accounting for when higher tier players have played with me and they're in unranked playlists they normally don't play...I get matched with champions. I've never been champion or even high onyx. I've made low onyx a few times and that's about it.

Imo, from my experience, it carries over. It wouldn't make sense that a champ player just casually goes into another playlist to destroy other players as if that occurrence is the equivalent of making a secondary GT to smurf on. I highly doubt it works that way.
I believe if you’ve never played a playlist / haven’t played in a very long time it may use MMR from other playlist(s) as a starting point, but each playlist does indeed have its own MMR. If they played a few games with you, their MMR in that playlist would be updated, however.
IGRS wrote:
Pheinted wrote:

I believe if you’ve never played a playlist / haven’t played in a very long time it may use MMR from other playlist(s) as a starting point, but each playlist does indeed have its own MMR. If they played a few games with you, their MMR in that playlist would be updated, however.
I would hope so. Can't say I stuck around bro. I wasn't even a daimond in team arena and the unranked player who joined had us facing champions in team arena bro. Not slayer. Team Arena...a champ in team arena is on a whole different level than a champ in standard slayer man. My team was 2 high platinum, 1 daimond 1, and 1 unranked player.

In slayer, we're 3 high daimonds that get D6 with potential for low onyx if MM isn't screwing us over....and that 1 players mid to higher end onyx.

Handful of matches of getting destroyed by the champion players...bro how long does the crap take to update then? I couldn't stick around for that. 3 games in I'm done bro. I've been D3 in team arena before...but that's a hell of a long ways away from high onyx or champ...and not only 1 champ on the opposing team either....

There must be a soft cap on the unranked player as a fail-safe from preventing that player destroying lower ranked players. Then after some matches there's a more accurate MMR rating like you said....but that's in a perfect world...343 and halo aren't in a perfect world. I'm sure you can see why I have my doubts my dude. Lol
Thanks all. Seems to make sense
Would it occur between arena and warzone where it would be completely unlinked?