Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does nobody use game chat anymore?

OP Pyscho Sixx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is it just me or does everyone else hate joining a game and having no one to chat with?
Is it just me or does everyone else hate joining a game and having no one to chat with?
I would agree. I miss proximity chat too.
Zmoolah wrote:
I would agree. I miss proximity chat too.
I feel like the Kinect kind of ruined that tho and everyone started muting each other cause they got sick of the stuff it was picking up that a mic wouldn't.
Nope no one. New generation players are killing the experience. Always party chat or just anti social.
I am guilty of not using the mic when I play solo or using the party system when playing with a few buddies. That being said I do miss the old days when that was the only option. I still communicate and play with people I meet online back in 2006 during gears of war. It is rare to make those kinds of friends with the way the matchmaking and lobbies work in today's games.
Yeah I wouldn't put the blame on the "new generation"...I'm pretty sure ever since party chat became a thing the public chat channels have been pretty dead.
I do miss the "old days" of good and friendly chatter but then again the "old days" evolved into stupidity with people playing music or 6 year old kids screaming how great they were... I notice when my fireteam is playing we have good banter and call-outs but as as a solo player, nothing
So other than the party system another change was introducing match making. Originally it was lobbies. You could randomly join a lobby and you were there until you quit. Meaning you played against the same set of people over and over until you chose to leave. I formed so many friendships that way and we started to fill up our lobbies with just regulars, then two or more lobbies. We all played against each other. Then matchmaking came about and really changed that. Now you wanted to match make to progress in the games XP or whatever.

As an example, the original Gears of War on 360 was a game where we all enjoyed playing together and even had a regular Thursday's gears and beers night. It was awesome and included a revolving list of 8 people and people in line waiting for a spot. Gears of War 2 came out and supported match making. It seemed cool at first going from 4 vs 4 to 5 vs 5 . What actually happened though, our group went from at least 8 down to 5 at a time. The reason was match making, the only way to progress in game XP was to play against another randomly matched team that would rotate between games. So our normal weekly event kind of fell apart. Now I get why we have it, no boosting and all in private lobbies etc. I just miss the days of playing people and making friends. Seems harder now when as soon as a match is over you go back in to the match making system and are put with another random group of people for a short period of time. I think that's why people do not invest the time or effort to be in game chat anymore. Every 15 minutes you go through the process of trying to see who has microphones and does not completely annoy you. Its just not worth it.
People in MCC use their mics a lot more than H5 in my experience.
Me personally I either make a private party or just mute everyone I would rather just play the game and not have some annoying person complaining the whole game or listen to the other team after how great they are
Nope, not anymore. The guy chomping his chips as loud as he possibly can, the baby screaming in the background, the person playing his music so loud I have to unplug my headset or they might blow up.

And whatever UI system they put in place in Halo 5 made it impossible to look and mute people in the lobby screen. Nope, never again.
If 343 address my UI issue above in Infinite and allow me to MUTE those individuals in the lobby I'll be more than happy to be in game chat, until then. Nah
I only run into one guy with a headset since the start of 2019 :(
I try to talk to other player's,but I'm the only one who has a mic on.
I have no interest in talking to randoms due to the reasons mentioned in the comments above. If I’m playing with a party I will talk, but we will be in party chat
personally i'm just shy and don't like to talk to strangers and i honestly prefer quiet games though i sometimes enjoy hearing others talk
I've never heard anyone speak in game
I blame party chat mostly. Other part is that the Xbox nowadays doesn't ship with a mic. It did in the past. So that's partly to blame as well.
WhyNotZ0lDBERG
Quote:
I feel like the Kinect kind of ruined that tho and everyone started muting each other cause they got sick of the stuff it was picking up that a mic wouldn't.
Kinect ruined many things...
I can't stand playing with a mic or having to listen to others trash talk.
I talk in my job all day everyday,
I'm not looking too make new friends I just want to kick back and shoot some stuff on my favorite game. Maybe it's anti social but it's how I like to play.
Would love to talk someone while playing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2