Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does nobody use game chat anymore?

OP Pyscho Sixx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm normally in a party with friends; reason being? Every time I go into game chat, the first thing I get is someone telling me to shut up (because apparently my mic makes me sound like a little boy?) some sexist remarks (the typical 'get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich' or 'this is a mans game, girls aren't allowed' and even 'girls shouldn't play video games'), or just plain out toxic idiots.

I'm not new to any of it, I have a backbone and talk back, but I'd rather not stress out over some moron who thinks it worth their time to tell me off because they feel it's their right to be an arrogant son of a gun.

And if no one's being toxic? Absolute silence.
Party chat kind of took over in-game char. In ranked games at higher levels I find you’ll have more players talking.
Nope they gave us an option to turn it off and I’m taking full advantage of it I’m here relaxing playing some halo last thing I want is some annoying person complaining the whole time
Turgon T24 wrote:
Nope they gave us an option to turn it off and I’m taking full advantage of it I’m here relaxing playing some halo last thing I want is some annoying person complaining the whole time
If I'm going to be annoying,then it will be y everyone else has better req weapons than me, or because I'm spamming rockets and grenades.
I sold my Astro headset on Ebay a few months ago. Didn't really use it much. I have never been comfortable with talking to other players and now that no one even bothers to yell insults at you (which was kind of fun in it's own way), I just play silently and enjoy the carnage.
I do miss getting a little drunk and chatting with randoms, but love the experience where everyone is silent. I get enough hate mail after games, I don't want to hear the hate during games anymore, especially in doubles when I lose a teammate and get teabagged by the other team for 10 minutes because I refuse to quit.
I always have my mic on and call out during slayer or doubles games regardless of others speaking up. I find that maybe 25% of the time others will start talking when they realize someone else is trying to work as a team. I love it when it is 48-49 in slayer and all the sudden everyone’s mic works.
It's probably because most gamers are introverts.
I don't think so.
Ive never heard a single person use their mike in h5. Not once. Its not a bad thing.
Before a match starts and you talk to the only other person with a mic then they are on the other team when you start the game. :(
I find it that from my experience when people use their mics they're either using kinects, speak a different language than me or they're just little kids that will either beg me to spawn them in a weapon or start singing some stupid song. Though this is only from my experience.
I'm normally in a party with friends; reason being? Every time I go into game chat, the first thing I get is someone telling me to shut up (because apparently my mic makes me sound like a little boy?) some sexist remarks (the typical 'get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich' or 'this is a mans game, girls aren't allowed' and even 'girls shouldn't play video games'), or just plain out toxic idiots.

I'm not new to any of it, I have a backbone and talk back, but I'd rather not stress out over some moron who thinks it worth their time to tell me off because they feel it's their right to be an arrogant son of a gun.

And if no one's being toxic? Absolute silence.
I hope your unfortunate experience doesn't generalize the whole Halo Community as being toxic. There's always those morons who act toxic in gamechat and spoils the experience for everyone. The only toxicity I encounter is constant betrayers that like to grief others by running them over and not play the game.
Off I never new that existed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2