Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Don't mess up the big team population.

OP WARRIOR I M

Exile was in the top 3, if not best, btb map ever made. I agree H4 fell apart at the end, when they dropped power weapons every two feet, so it no longer took skill, map control, nor team work- all it took was power weapons every five feet. I think 343 is going to really fracture the btb community- which when I played had the most player count- by having btb and war zone. I hope it turns out to be good or the fix it ASAP. I'm not sure how req points will help the game be better more so than help 343's bottom line. Paying to short cut the process of earning skill is a really short sighted move towards the dedicated halo community. Why play for 100s of hours to earn skill when you can just drop some cash for a short cut to get around having to do the work for yourself. It has become Battlefield and CoD all over in this regard. A balanced game should be how all halo games are- equal load outs and abilities to all players, all equal load out options and armor abilities to all players, etc. this has turned into a pay to play game like the aforementioned Battlefield and CoD. Bungie's Halo model is the gold standard and should be the path followed because your ability to win didn't depend on how much money you had to spend nor ow many hours you could sit send play to earn req points, it was dependent on the things that should count- your ability at the game, your tactics, and your teamwork. God 343 don't forsake the one truly good game for Xbox. Also, replacing master chief w/ a new character is not ideal because of the journey and time we have invested into Master Chief but I can see how you may not want to repeat the same character arc over each story but the btb playlist is inexcusable. I'll finish with an idea about adding classic halo 2 maps like Terminal, Headlong, Burial Grounds, and Relic back into the btb map list. These were great maps that had a balanced flow to them. Idk if you can since Bungie made them but it would be cool without a doubt. Don't fumble the btb playlist, please. If you want to fracture the population of gamers who play big team, then like I said - btb objective and btb slayer. In fact, at least add some objective games back into btb.
Holy wall of text. You obviously haven't read this.

Also, every time you said:
Quote:
earn skill
It made me laugh.
Too many posts about this enough already. BTB is coming back jeez.
Req cards for weapons only work/applicable to Warzone, which is not geared for the level playing field competitive combat you're looking for; and you still have to play/level up to use the req cards you can't just start with a high level card from the off. BTB and Warzone are 2 very different modes with 2 very different objectives. Not all modes have to be balanced and with the possible exception of those looking for no sprint playlists (can be turned off in customs I believe) Halo 5 seems to have something for everyone.

So that's 90% of your concerns taken care of.

Quote:
earn skill
It made me laugh.
I stopped reading after that part

Quote:
earn skill
It made me laugh.
Lol yea. Req packs are mostly cosmetics, and even if you throw a million dollars at 343i, you won't get a notable advantage over those who don't. This is because the req cards that are not cosmetic can't be used until your team acquires a certain amount of req energy in the match.

And BTB is coming back, so relax.
Where can I earn skill exp? Is it a certain playlist?

Quote:
earn skill
It made me laugh.
Lol yea. Req packs are mostly cosmetics, and even if you throw a million dollars at 343i, you won't get a notable advantage over those who don't. This is because the req cards that are not cosmetic can't be used until your team acquires a certain amount of req energy in the match.

Well, if you threw that much into req you'd be pretty lonely since you're matched up against people with similar decks.

Quote:
earn skill
It made me laugh.

Well, if you threw that much into req you'd be pretty lonely since you're matched up against people with similar decks.
Lmao true
Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
Sorry, I apologize. I mistyped and should've added a "s" to skill- so skills. I'd like you to Aggies that you can't earn skills at Halo or any other game by repeatedly playing. Why should I be taking any advice from you illiterate kids. I'm a college graduate, have made the deans list and received an A in both Eng 101 and 102. Now tell me how you guys have your doctorates. Losers!
Alright then...
Sorry, I apologize. I mistyped and should've added a "s" to skill- so skills. I'd like you to Aggies that you can't earn skills at Halo or any other game by repeatedly playing. Why should I be taking any advice from you illiterate kids. I'm a college graduate, have made the deans list and received an A in both Eng 101 and 102. Now tell me how you guys have your doctorates. Losers!
Alright th
iPad tends to autocorrect to nonsense.
Sorry, I apologize. I mistyped and should've added a "s" to skill- so skills. I'd like you to argue that you can't earn skills at Halo or any other game by repeatedly playing. Why should I be taking any advice from you illiterate kids. I'm a college graduate, have made the deans list and received an A in both Eng 101 and 102. Now tell me how you guys have your doctorates children.
Lol so what? Grades don't mean jack -Yoink- nor does a stupid toilet paper that tells you you're pay rate. In truth you just need to try in life since people can just earn millions by going on YouTube and uploading stuff that grabs attention. You have no knowledge in game development and even if you did no one cares as seen in the posts above.
Do not call out individuals or flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
Sorry, I apologize. I mistyped and should've added a "s" to skill- so skills. I'd like you to argue that you can't earn skills at Halo or any other game by repeatedly playing. Why should I be taking any advice from you illiterate kids. I'm a college graduate, have made the deans list and received an A in both Eng 101 and 102. Now tell me how you guys have your doctorates children.
Inb4locke.

Getting a degree in college doesn't give your opinion some kind of special effect. Also, if you graduated college, I would expect you to at least have more class than to refer to all of us as illiterate kids.

Actually on-topic, BTB will return. A few weeks after launch, but it will be worth the wait. Also req packs won't work in it I believe, so its still balanced.
Do people not use paragraphs anymore?