Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Don't solo queue Warzone

OP MaxXimus K573

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So for a long time now I have noticed if I go with a group, I almost always win, but if I solo queue, I am top dog... but will almost always lose.

I'm sure that others have felt the same nonsensical BS as their games are flooded with enemies who are the types of players that are [people who ruin any amount of fun in Halo]. At least, unless the conspiracy against me is true, there HAS to be others who feel my pain of """"matched with like players"""" meaning "You are actually so god that we have to put all the mindless players (or just bad bots) on your team and put less than legitimate players on the enemy team". And here I wonder, what is the point of Warzone Warlords anyway if the devs aren't smart enough to change the Fireteam Limit variable of normal Warzone from 12 to 5? Why even play Halo? Why do I even exist?

I try to stop myself there as this game used to be my only escape left from a grim existence, but it seems the conspiracy follows into my recreation. I can only hope this post finds itself in the eyes of someone with the access and typing skills to turn a 12 into a 5 so I can stop playing against mass groups on my own while some of my team runs in circles. At that point, the only thing left to worry about is the suspiciously omniscient, durable, and accurate "players" from mexico who just send the rare "-Yoink-" on the rare chance I beat their team.

To recap, I cannot stress enough; If you are in a 6 man party or more and don't do Warlords, you are a horrible person
Bro, you need to chill out and call someone to chat with them.
Nothing you can do about it at this point man. Population is low, compared to what it was. You'll find more teams now. Alot of people and groups grinding for 152.
So for a long time now I have noticed if I go with a group, I almost always win, but if I solo queue, I am top dog... but will almost always lose.

I'm sure that others have felt the same nonsensical BS as their games are flooded with enemies who are the types of players that are [people who ruin any amount of fun in Halo]. At least, unless the conspiracy against me is true, there HAS to be others who feel my pain of """"matched with like players"""" meaning "You are actually so god that we have to put all the mindless players (or just bad bots) on your team and put less than legitimate players on the enemy team". And here I wonder, what is the point of Warzone Warlords anyway if the devs aren't smart enough to change the Fireteam Limit variable of normal Warzone from 12 to 5? Why even play Halo? Why do I even exist?

I try to stop myself there as this game used to be my only escape left from a grim existence, but it seems the conspiracy follows into my recreation. I can only hope this post finds itself in the eyes of someone with the access and typing skills to turn a 12 into a 5 so I can stop playing against mass groups on my own while some of my team runs in circles. At that point, the only thing left to worry about is the suspiciously omniscient, durable, and accurate "players" from mexico who just send the rare "-Yoink-" on the rare chance I beat their team.

To recap, I cannot stress enough; If you are in a 6 man party or more and don't do Warlords, you are a horrible person
I feel for you. I feel the same. I'm been complaining that the algorithm seem to be very incompetent and downright broken when it comes to solo queue vs teams. If you're individually affluent, it's almost always get destroyed by teams. Until Halo thinks you are trash and you get to carry a whole bunch of noobs and versus the other bunch noobs. You might get decent amount of kills but the next game Halo puts you back to against pro-teams and get utterly destroyed again.

I wonder why can't they just separate the solo players more. Nobody like to get raped and walked over by a stack full of teams and left to wonder why this is supposed to be fair and balanced .

Unless Halo infinite figure out a better algorithm it's going to be a let down again . If you look at the win rate of the champion ranks in BTB .they have abnormally higher win rate compared to other champs in Slayer or Arena .Slayer champer often win littler over 50 percent. While BTB champs win almost 90 percent. That just shows how bad the matchmaking is when considering teams .
If you look at the win rate of the champion ranks in BTB .they have abnormally higher win rate compared to other champs in Slayer or Arena .Slayer champer often win littler over 50 percent. While BTB champs win almost 90 percent. That just shows how bad the matchmaking is when considering teams .
I think part of it was due to BTB having looser matching restrictions which were just changed today and it could also be related to a lack of equal competition. Most of those people on the leaderboard play in the same parties and there's actually not that many considering it's eight people per team. There could certainly be equally skilled players out there not on the leaderboard, but there's likely just not enough of them searching at the same time so they get a few decent players on their team while the rest are average or lower and they end up losing against those parties.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If you look at the win rate of the champion ranks in BTB .they have abnormally higher win rate compared to other champs in Slayer or Arena .Slayer champer often win littler over 50 percent. While BTB champs win almost 90 percent. That just shows how bad the matchmaking is when considering teams .
I think part of it was due to BTB having looser matching restrictions which were just changed today and it could also be related to a lack of equal competition. Most of those people on the leaderboard play in the same parties and there's actually not that many considering it's eight people per team. There could certainly be equally skilled players out there not on the leaderboard, but there's likely just not enough of them searching at the same time so they get a few decent players on their team while the rest are average or lower and they end up losing against those parties.
That's exactly the point. In warzone, and in BTB, those are dominated by a few clans. Anyone who are good faces those teams over and over.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
That's exactly the point. In warzone, and in BTB, those are dominated by a few clans. Anyone who are good faces those teams over and over.
Although I appreciate the compliment, it still sucks to wind up in horrendous losing streaks. I have been dodging games when I see certain emblems at this point
Yea I feel you there I almost always have nobody to play with (friends wise) so I solo queue and usually lose due to teammates not guarding(I usually do this but someone else at least one other teammate do it other than me) a armory or garage or don't go after high value targets(AI)
I understand but sometimes, no one is online and you just want to do some Warzone.
I go into warzone solo expecting to lose more games than I win. I just try to play competently enough to enjoy myself. If you're going 20K/13A/10D as an example and got 2 or 3 bosses, I'd say you didn't have the worst time, even if the final team score is lopsided.

If they quick-core you, even better. You get your 7k XP for 5 minutes of work and move on to the next game.

It's 3.5 years in, at least there are enough players still around to fill numerous 24 player matches quickly.
As I've said before..........Warzone needs to block full full party teams because game-type is generally unplayable with people cheating via exploiting spawn points making it impossible to play while having just randomers decreasing the chance of this ever happening. Warzone Warlords has a fire-team limit of 12 but changing it to 6 might not be too bad for groups while randomers that prefer solo runs should feel like there less likely to deal with the 'organised' teams that cheat within the modes.
ronnie42 wrote:
As I've said before..........Warzone needs to block full full party teams because game-type is generally unplayable with people cheating via exploiting spawn points making it impossible to play while having just randomers decreasing the chance of this ever happening. Warzone Warlords has a fire-team limit of 12 but changing it to 6 might not be too bad for groups while randomers that prefer solo runs should feel like there less likely to deal with the 'organised' teams that cheat within the modes.
Probably longer wait times in regular warzone even for solos if they did this.

Never seen cheaters, just rushers, as in bypass their own base and go straight for the far base. If they do this to set up a farm session, they're jerks. If they do this to quick-core, they beat you fairly. Simple as that.
ronnie42 wrote:

Never seen cheaters, just rushers, as in bypass their own base and go straight for the far base. If they do this to set up a farm session, they're jerks. If they do this to quick-core, they beat you fairly. Simple as that.
Maybe but less times for people with full teams in Warlords, means I don't to have to deal with people cheating in WZ as much. Rushers I don't mind as much since by then I know I can avoid them, end the game quickly. The main problem is the full fire-teams that cheat by exploiting the game to force spawn-traps, making it impossible to do anything...forcing possible 'afk' penalties for those that can't fight back. I get why some people have needs, wants in-game...but when people make my game unplayable then that's why the line must be drawn here...no further. -_-
i actually always solo cue but, with wz assault being the exception, i feel like i dont really get matched up against large teams often enough for me to be mad about it. perhaps im just lucky
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Maybe but less times for people with full teams in Warlords, means I don't to have to deal with people cheating in WZ as much. Rushers I don't mind as much since by then I know I can avoid them, end the game quickly. The main problem is the full fire-teams that cheat by exploiting the game to force spawn-traps, making it impossible to do anything...forcing possible 'afk' penalties for those that can't fight back. I get why some people have needs, wants in-game...but when people make my game unplayable then that's why the line must be drawn here...no further. -_-
Yep. I gave up on ever getting to enjoy normal Warzone. Too many full fireteams that farm and quick coreing is better but at that point why play? The only games I ever got were farmers and quick cores.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Yep. I gave up on ever getting to enjoy normal Warzone. Too many full fireteams that farm and quick coreing is better but at that point why play? The only games I ever got were farmers and quick cores.
For me the quick-cores are few and far between and I literally have never ended up in a farm session. I consider myself lucky. The vast majority of my solo-queue warzone matches play out normally with several lead changes throughout the match.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Exactly, when it get's that bad then it's time for me to turn off the game for a while since the game is essentially unplayable when this happens.
You want to see great matchmaking? Check this out: I got JIP'ed into the game and quit as fast as I got dropped in. I wasn't about to lose my Legendary XP boost for going against a full fireteam of Champs. Oh yeah they had 1 silver, I guess that was supposed to make the match fair. We had 1 Champ, 1 Onyx and 1 Diamond.
Fireteam restrictions are a terrible idea. They tried that before and the result was a whole lot of players leaving the game entirely. We don’t want players leaving at this point. Try and find ways of making gamepass kids stick around. Not veterans leave.

I prefer tighter matchmaking. In ranked btb when I search with a team of 6-8 there has been multiple times where we’ve had to break up the group and leave a couple players behind (or I just volunteered and backed out) This is solely due to population. If there isn’t enough decent players or other teams currently running on to play against the game doesn’t load. Can’t fix population.

The same thing should be in place for warzone. If the opposing team has absolutely no chance of winning the game should not load. If you ever watch the streams of sweaty warzone team players (there’s not that many left btw) they often like to go play against each other in customs or warlords. They do have other options than stomping a team of randoms. When btb first went ranked the mm parameters were no where near tight enough. It sucked. It’s much better now for both solos and teams (I do both,most btb players do). Warzone needs more balance like this.

The only downside is everyone does try to create alts to bypass the mm parameters. 343 has been getting less and less tolerant of this though.
I sometimes wonder if a warzone curbstomp happens once to people at the hands of said companies and they immediately head to waypoint to post about it.

I've played a fair bit of warzone, all solo queue, am not the worst player in the world and a truly terrible warzone session has been extremely few and far between.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2