Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Double XP this weekend...

OP LethalQ

Want some double XP?? Jump into either Forerunner slayer or warzone assault. Remember the double only applies to the XP for the playlist THEN they apply the boost... Don't be greedy 😉
Yeh just seen tweet, I just hope I can push myself to play the mode since the game-type is kind of stressful, unbalanced. Think might save boosts for Turbo since games are generally longer while Assault can end too quickly.
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeh just seen tweet, I just hope I can push myself to play the mode since the game-type is kind of stressful, unbalanced. Think might save boosts for Turbo since games are generally longer while Assault can end too quickly.
Yeah I HATE warzone assault... One sided objective games are toilet if you ask me. But my work schedule is pretty busy this weekend so I probably won't get to play a lot anyways.
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah I HATE warzone assault... One sided objective games are toilet if you ask me. But my work schedule is pretty busy this weekend so I probably won't get to play a lot anyways.
Yeh it's pretty bad, I have games where I've been spawned killed by Wasps and have no way to counter or avoid while the opposing team avoids the objective...making it impossible to complete, in some cases all people do is spam BR so much that it's near impossible to spawn without getting spawn trapped, nearly instant killed so kind of surprised they would bring it back but have to get to 152 so kind of tolerate it to try get as much exp as possible since hoping to get max rank in a couple of months...hopefully not get burnt out.
Last time assault was around, the games were relatively enjoyable. Probably just got lucky that I ran into no farmers.

Healthy amount of xp, so it's worth it.
Last time assault was around, the games were relatively enjoyable. Probably just got lucky that I ran into no farmers.

Healthy amount of xp, so it's worth it.
Yeh that does seem common, might be mistaken but suspect clans trying to get commendations, which is probably why the mode generally feels unplayable.
ronnie42 wrote:
Think might save boosts for Turbo since games are generally longer while Assault can end too quickly.
I prefer assault for that reason. I'd rather play faster games with boosted XP than get stuck in drawn out matches and only make marginally more.
Warzone assault is one of my favorite gametypes. I’m glad to hear it’s back for a few days. Maybe I can finally motivate myself to get back on the grind. I was getting 100k a day fairly consistently, but then I took a family vacation for a week and I haven’t been able to get a regular schedule re-established
Double exp in all the playlists is what they should do, not only in specific lists
ronnie42 wrote:
Think might save boosts for Turbo since games are generally longer while Assault can end too quickly.
I prefer assault for that reason. I'd rather play faster games with boosted XP than get stuck in drawn out matches and only make marginally more.
Sure maybe but on some maps it's not worth it since I've seen teams spawn nothing but Wasps, pin teams to a point where we get nothing but spawn camped, unable to do anything....it end's up feeling like being afk due to not being able to do anything.
This is great, I do like double XP... almost as much as I like free stuff. I hope one day soon I can play a double XP SWAT playlist.
I love double xp weekends! Make grinding more fun.
And little easier too since the 'pizza' pack that they gave me this weekend because I already have everything unlocked so instead they give me loads of legendary exp boosts instead. The fight to 152 becomes a little easier. So if anyone's unlocked everything then might be best to check the pack, go crazy on Warzone Assault.
I’m not a real fan of the Warzone playlists anymore. For me, Assault is only fun for the first round or so...before the onslaught of reqs.

That said, I’m never going to complain about double XP...so on with the Assault. ;-)
I’m not a real fan of the Warzone playlists anymore. For me, Assault is only fun for the first round or so...before the onslaught of reqs.

That said, I’m never going to complain about double XP...so on with the Assault. ;-)
Forerunner slayer is double XP as well if you don't like warzone

Not a big fan either but that's because I found the modes to not be very well balanced, arena stress's me out more so I end up going more towards WZ.
Double exp is alright but I think it's best to save them depending on the event so maybe WZ XP boosts for Turbo since last longer with more exp then Victory/Assist/Kills boosts for Assault since they tend to be short, kind of give more exp. I guess it's more about trial and error, then I'm saving to save up for RP for Legendary Boosts if sale goes up again since that should held make some major progress with exp grind.
Guess I know what Im playing tonight.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."