"Drop Shotting" in Halo

OP Ferg3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
I've never seen anyone do that in Halo.
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a perfectly legitimate tactic. It also isn't anything new.
it adds to the skill gap.
It reduces your mobility in which you will most likely eat lead or a frag grenade to the face. Probably both, I have no problem hiting a moving target especially one that stops still
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
There is no prone so therefore no drop shotting. Also crouch shooting has always been a thing in halo , just like crouch jumping
Wow not sure if your serious because if you are thats a whole different problem
I don't agree with that, but I do at the same time as well. The physical act of crouching to make yourself an erratic target while blasting a person with a shotgun, I have no problem with. It's a legit tactic, just like camping. However, sliding in this game adds nothing to me. Control is taken away from the player yet again, and there is no sections of the map that encourages using slide, like getting under a half-opened door. If 343i were to take it away in a random update, I would not miss it much.
I don't agree with that, but I do at the same time as well. The physical act of crouching to make yourself an erratic target while blasting a person with a shotgun, I have no problem with. It's a legit tactic, just like camping. However, sliding in this game adds nothing to me. Control is taken away from the player yet again, and there is no sections of the map that encourages using slide, like getting under a half-opened door. If 343i were to take it away in a random update, I would not miss it much.
No there are some places like on fathom that offer a good escape route if you slide
Please sell your copy of Halo 5 and go back to CoD, we don't like your kind here.
How ironic you say this, since Halo 5 is the most similar Halo game to Call of Duty, besides Halo 4. Thrusters, Sprint, Slide, Clamber, ADS, etc.

I'm just going to leave this here.
No there are some places like on fathom that offer a good escape route if you slide
Really? I'll have to check that. I've never seen any parts of the map that lets me do that. That said, is it only on Fathom? If so, then that is one map out of a bunch of maps, which makes slide a gimmick that has some marginal utility on one map.
Really? I'll have to check that. I've never seen any parts of the map that lets me do that. That said, is it only on Fathom? If so, then that is one map out of a bunch of maps, which makes slide a gimmick that has some marginal utility on one map.
I don't know the call out for the area i think its were splinter grenades spawn besides the towers that gap in the all you slide through and im sure they are on other maps i just haven't noticed them
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a perfectly legitimate tactic. It also isn't anything new.
Actually it is new. Just played Halo 2 and 3 the other day and you cannot crouch while strafing. You have to come to a complete stop first.
I don't know the call out for the area i think its were splinter grenades spawn besides the towers that gap in the all you slide through and im sure they are on other maps i just haven't noticed them
i know what ur talking about
i know what ur talking about
Yeah thats it
I know right!!! These yoinks trying to stop me from shooting them in a fps!!! LAME!!! When I shoot you you need to freeze and not move or shoot back! :-)
I mean, I hit my crouch accidentally all the time, but if you keep dying to it I guess it must be a viable strategy. At least against you. Why so salty?
LethalQ wrote:
I know right!!! These yoinks trying to stop me from shooting them in a fps!!! LAME!!! When I shoot you you need to freeze and not move or shoot back! :-)
Generalizations at their finest. Thanks LethalQ, I knew I could count on you. /sarcasm
It reduces your mobility in which you will most likely eat lead or a frag grenade to the face. Probably both, I have no problem hiting a moving target especially one that stops still
Crouching or crouch strafing is most effective from close range
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18