1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. ...
  8. 18
It's not "Drop Shotting" and I do it under certain circumstances only. I'm not expirienced enough to do it while I strafe, I only do it when I want to punch someone twice. I do that because when I punch them once, It's a suprise but they usually take my shields off so I duck. It ticks them off because they die so quickly.
UK1V wrote:
This OP is trolling you guys so hard, just posted a bait topic to make you all comment xD Not even an important subject, it's been done for years in Halo hahaha!!!!!!!!!
Thank you captain obvious, I never would have figured that out on my own! :^P
I know you wouldn't have that's why I posted this.. xD
Funny you say that though because, I'm fairly certain there's 300+ comments now, means that a good 250+ people don't know it!
My last post for this thread. If anyone is still here to look. I understand that it's a legitimate strategy and that people will do it and that's fine, I was just in the moment of frustration. For all the people saying it's been in Halo forever, sorry, I didn't know. And I have been playing since the original game. For all the people saying stuff like quit complaining and whining, don't act like you don't complain when something happens to you that you don't like. I could see people responding to that saying then don't complain on the forums, but honestly I didn't think it would get this big, which I guess isn't an excuse, but still. Just a moment of frustration.
Not sure why you're dying to people who do this. I've never been killed by someone who crouched when we were dueling. The sticky cross hair and bullet magnetizm combined with my own aim always make up for that little change in shot placement. In fact, before I saw this post, I assumed everyone had stopped doing that because I've never seen it work.
all of you really need to relax. Stop telling him to get good or that he is not skilled enough i bet he dosen't spawn kill or do that dumb -Yoink- you guys do. i also checked your guys stats dont tell him to get good when your not beside i bet he is better.
The thing is, crouch strafing isn't really an issue. It's not common in my experience, and it certainly isn't something worth complaining about. It's not like it's that hard to counter.

P.S. Really? You think insulting people will get them to do what you say? Not gonna happen pal.
insult who think before you speak ok :)
It's not exactly drop shotting but I get your point. Crouch shooting is annoying, but viable and has been around for a while in Halo. But I agree with you, it is annoying.
Ferg3 wrote:
My last post for this thread. If anyone is still here to look. I understand that it's a legitimate strategy and that people will do it and that's fine, I was just in the moment of frustration. For all the people saying it's been in Halo forever, sorry, I didn't know. And I have been playing since the original game. For all the people saying stuff like quit complaining and whining, don't act like you don't complain when something happens to you that you don't like. I could see people responding to that saying then don't complain on the forums, but honestly I didn't think it would get this big, which I guess isn't an excuse, but still. Just a moment of frustration.
No need to apologize, because it actually has not been in every other halo. You can go test it yourself in both the OGs and MCC. No crouch strafing in any of them except Halo 4/5. Halo 4s wasn't as bad though, because the crouching position wasn't all that much different from standing.
This is the funniest thing ive evere read. Crouch shooting? Lol its been in halo its whole time!! Ive seen people do this since Halo 3!!! Me included. It just so happens people have adapted to it more ! Lol
This is the funniest thing ive evere read. Crouch shooting? Lol its been in halo its whole time!! Ive seen people do this since Halo 3!!! Me included. It just so happens people have adapted to it more ! Lol
Next thing you know, people will be complaining about how "Stupid Cheaters" keep doing barrel rolls in the Banshee to avoid shots.
Next thing you know, people will be complaining about how "Stupid Cheaters" keep doing barrel rolls in the Banshee to avoid shots.
But that is something that actually has been in Halo since Halo 2. And arguably, that was somewhat of a unique system for Halo. Being able to change your stance to evade shots isn't particularly unique to Halo alone, considering how it mostly originated from drop shotting in Call of Duty. At least to my knowledge, as not many games I have played, other than CoD, allow you to do this. I have an easing suspicion that there will be prone in Halo 6, and we will feel the full wrath of the drop shotting epidemic.
But that is something that actually has been in Halo since Halo 2. And arguably, that was somewhat of a unique system for Halo. Being able to change your stance to evade shots isn't particularly unique to Halo alone, considering how it mostly originated from drop shotting in Call of Duty. At least to my knowledge, as not many games I have played, other than CoD, allow you to do this. I have an easing suspicion that there will be prone in Halo 6, and we will feel the full wrath of the drop shotting epidemic.
Oh God no. Please no prone.
Please sell your copy of Halo 5 and go back to CoD, we don't like your kind here.
How ironic you say this, since Halo 5 is the most similar Halo game to Call of Duty, besides Halo 4. Thrusters, Sprint, Slide, Clamber, ADS, etc.

I'm just going to leave this here.
Thrusting was in halo 4 first. Then sprinting, sliding, ads, clamber, wasnt necessarily in cod first. Your whole point in that post is invalid. Halo 5 is just up to par with any other shooter out there. Play games that sprint. Then after months on end, go back to halo 3 where you jog. Its impossibly slow. That is why we have these features.
Contra on NES had a lot of drop shotting.
just leave it alone guys drop shooting helps win engagements it is for pure skill players only if it pisses you off stop playing halo
just leave it alone guys drop shooting helps win engagements it is for pure skill players only if it pisses you off stop playing halo
But drop shotting is not in Halo period!
The OP is using the term wrong.
What he means is crouching while shooting.
The OP is trying to bash strafing.Strafing has and will always be a crucial part of Halo.
It is not unjust, unfair, or "noobish".
It's a sign of skill-- and if not skill, then that player is at least smart.
The OP is trolling you with an invalid argument whether you know it or not.
Wasting your time.
I have nothing left to say.

MC out.
I personally hate it when people do that. It's so freakin annoying when I have an SMG and the other guy has a plasma pistol and he wins because he drop shots me, even though I have the better weapon.
Either that story is bs or you aim like a stormtrooper. How can somebody beat an SMG with a plasma pistol at close range (assuming that both players have full health) You are a confirmed scrub. First of all, nobody runs around with a plasma pistol out, everbody who has it uses it as and when needed. There is no point. Second, you said the plasma pistol is inferior to the SMG when the plasma pistol is not supposed to be used to kill. It should be charged up and fired as an emp to noob combo or halt a vehicle. Both of those are highly important. Now brb, about to go check those stats...
Edit time!! Ok, noob confirmed. 38%win and 0.596 K/D. I rest my case you have no Idea what you are talking about.
I personally hate it when people do that. It's so freakin annoying when I have an SMG and the other guy has a plasma pistol and he wins because he drop shots me, even though I have the better weapon.
Either that story is bs or you aim like a stormtrooper. How can somebody beat an SMG with a plasma pistol at close range (assuming that both players have full health) You are a confirmed scrub. First of all, nobody runs around with a plasma pistol out, everbody who has it uses it as and when needed. There is no point. Second, you said the plasma pistol is inferior to the SMG when the plasma pistol is not supposed to be used to kill. It should be charged up and fired as an emp to noob combo or halt a vehicle. Both of those are highly important. Now brb, about to go check those stats...
I can't stop laughing! Seriously, guys, look at Alpines stats.
He even has a disclaimer about lag in his Bio.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/alpinefalcon76
all of you really need to relax. Stop telling him to get good or that he is not skilled enough i bet he dosen't spawn kill or do that dumb -Yoink- you guys do. i also checked your guys stats dont tell him to get good when your not beside i bet he is better.
The thing is, crouch strafing isn't really an issue. It's not common in my experience, and it certainly isn't something worth complaining about. It's not like it's that hard to counter.

P.S. Really? You think insulting people will get them to do what you say? Not gonna happen pal.
insult who think before you speak ok :)
The people who you said were not that good... Bruh
Lol, that's a joke right? Crouch shooting doesn't make you skilled in anyway. In my opinion it makes you a less skilled opponent because you have to duck to avoid losing
*ties this thread to a wooden post and lights it on fire*
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. ...
  8. 18