OP Ferg3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18
just leave it alone guys drop shooting helps win engagements it is for pure skill players only if it pisses you off stop playing halo
Lol, that's a joke right? Crouch shooting doesn't make you skilled in anyway. In my opinion it makes you a less skilled opponent because you have to duck to avoid losing
Skilled players do whatever it takes to win, if ducking does it then so be it.
just leave it alone guys drop shooting helps win engagements it is for pure skill players only if it pisses you off stop playing halo
Lol, that's a joke right? Crouch shooting doesn't make you skilled in anyway. In my opinion it makes you a less skilled opponent because you have to duck to avoid losing
I agree. But there are two types of winning. There is winning like a true skilled player or better opponent, and then winning like a -Yoink-.
I agree. But there are two types of winning. There is winning like a true skilled player or better opponent, and then winning like a -Yoink-.
So crouch shooting is what to you? It's not cheap, I blame my opponent if he can't aim when I crouch shoot. In all honesty people shouldn't have issues vs those who crouch shoot as a good player will still keep the reticle on target. If crouch shooting is an issue then what about ghandi hopping? I could list many issues just like crouch shooting but I'll still have the same mindset. It's not vs rules, doesn't manipulate the game, and isn't cheap. You can't expect me to just stand straight up and not move to make it easier on you. I'm going to do anything I can to make you miss while I try to still return fire.
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there. Don't be ignorant. Drop shotting is in this game and it's disgusting. Only try hards use it thinking they're hilarious.
So crouch shooting is what to you? It's not cheap, I blame my opponent if he can't aim when I crouch shoot. In all honesty people shouldn't have issues vs those who crouch shoot as a good player will still keep the reticle on target. If crouch shooting is an issue then what about ghandi hopping? I could list many issues just like crouch shooting but I'll still have the same mindset. It's not vs rules, doesn't manipulate the game, and isn't cheap. You can't expect me to just stand straight up and not move to make it easier on you. I'm going to do anything I can to make you miss while I try to still return fire.
It is a cheap move to me. I think its cowardly. You feel different that's fine. The jumping stuff is cheap too. Anything you do to avoid losing a battle you already lost is a cheap move. I never said it was against rules or anything like that. All I'm saying is that if you do it you're an inferior player to me. Its on the same level as corner camping and noob combos in my book
Every single argument I've read going against crouching in a gun fight (honestly I don't even understand how so many have actual strong opinions on a simple game mechanic) literally sounds just like you want this fps to devolve into the tactics of the British army from the Revolutionary war....."ok, everyone line up! Take aim, FIRE!!!!" A gentlemen's war. SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! If you are losing that many fights because of "crouching" then you are just bad. You are either better than who you are playing against, or you're not. I bet all you who are against crouching wish they would take sprint out of halo..... and thruster, and ground pound, and spartan charge, and slide, and rockets, and SAW..... and anything in the game that you've ever died to.

This topic is actually kind of funny, in a not funny way.
Please sell your copy of Halo 5 and go back to CoD, we don't like your kind here.
How ironic you say this, since Halo 5 is the most similar Halo game to Call of Duty, besides Halo 4. Thrusters, Sprint, Slide, Clamber, ADS, etc.

I'm just going to leave this here.
There's no charge up for the cod slam,cod slide you can still fire,cod boost you can still fire while boosting,not the same thing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

I honestly didn't see any problem with this comment.
Or you know it is a legit tacit but you are just crying because you are getting beat by it.
Or you know it is a legit tacit but you are just crying because you are getting beat by it.
Its funny when people say this because all it means is you know I'm right, so you have to resort to this phrase.
I'm not "crying" I put my opinion on a thread. I never said it was unfair or game breaking. I just think people who do it are not good. And I'm not going to sit on a high horse like some people in here and say "I never get killed by a crouch shooter" because I do get killed by them (just like everyone else so stop lieing to yourselves), and I kill them too. I'm just voicing that I think it is a cheap tactic. Just like Jumping around, or corner camping, or glitching, or noob combos. Just like I'm sure you disagree with tactics in the game too. So no need to resort to trying to belittle me.

And just to clarify, because I think some people might be confused. I'm referring to the crouch shooting when people "bounce" repeatedly once they start to realize they are going to lose a fight, not the guys that crouch to minimize their profile, increase aim, or try to stealth around.
Ferg3 wrote:
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
I take it you've never played Halo CE.
It is a cheap move to me. I think its cowardly. You feel different that's fine. The jumping stuff is cheap too. Anything you do to avoid losing a battle you already lost is a cheap move. I never said it was against rules or anything like that. All I'm saying is that if you do it you're an inferior player to me. Its on the same level as corner camping and noob combos in my book
Please tell me you're joking. Where do you people come from? An effective strafe and various tactics to throw off your opponent's shot (while maintaining your own) have ALWAYS been a fundamental part of Halo 1v1s. Those things require skill to use effectively. You think it's cowardly? What does that even mean? Would you prefer that we establish some idiotic code of honor to define what game mechanics you're allowed to use in order to win and which you aren't? If I out-strafe and out shoot you and you lose the fight, you were outplayed. Period. You're not better than me because you think basic mechanics or weapons are cheap. You're just bad.
There've been some weird pissing contests in Halo forums before, this one is certainly one of the ones I understand the least.

Anyway, people have always used the movement mechanics of Halo to gain an advantage in gun battles. At least this iteration's crouch shooting looks a little less goofy than the old bunny hops from back in the day.
So... Did we teach the OP a lesson? Have we made it clear that there is no "drop shotting" in Halo and that bobbing is a legitemate strategy? Are we done here?
Whenever I load up Halo 5, my left thumb stick gets scared and cowers in fear for the mashing it will shortly receive.

Although yeah, thred shul b ded
So... Did we teach the OP a lesson? Have we made it clear that there is no "drop shotting" in Halo and that bobbing is a legitemate strategy? Are we done here?
I take it you didn't read any of my other comments.
I'm from the UK and always drop shot. I drop and about 3-4 secs later I get from the grave headshot kills.
Shooting while crouched is different from drop shooting
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there. Don't be ignorant. Drop shotting is in this game and it's disgusting. Only try hards use it thinking they're hilarious.
So you've seen Spartans dropping to their stomach? Because that's what drop-shotting is.

How do you go prone in Halo?
In this thread:

People saying that moving to make yourself harder to hit is "being a yoink"

That is literally where we are right now

lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18