Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

"Drop Shotting" in Halo

OP Ferg3

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
Ferg3 wrote:
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
no man drop shotting is when you go completely prone..as in lying down while your in a gun fight..it usually works in COD because of low health...what you are talking about is crouch strafing..its easiest done when you have toggle crouch off...its just another way to juke your opponent...its been in all of the other halo games atleast as far as i remember...its paticularly effective in halo 5 by comparison though
ReakoN wrote:
Ferg3 wrote:
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
I don't denounce it as a tactic because its legitimate but that being said I have noticed it's rise in popularity within this title, in fact I rarely see anybody using the good old jump shot any more.
you mean jumping around like a maniac using the spray and pray tactic? thats me!
That one honestly pisses me off a lot more than the crouching. I mean idk how people can do that and still perfect kill me. Most of you must have "elite" type controllers with the paddle things. Cause i can't figure out how to effectively do that while still aiming with the thumb stick
Bumper jumper control scheme.
I think what the OP is referring to is when people spam the crouch button. Hitting it once while getting shot I've seen before and like all of you are saying, it is easily countered and it does reduce the speed of that player. However, people now are constantly hitting the crouch button to "bounce" while they strafe. You can call it a legitimate tactic all you want, its still a -Yoink- move. Just like people say corner camping is a legitimate tactic. It's a way for a weak player to avoid getting killed once they realize they screwed up.

And it is definitely more common to see then in previous Halo's.
Please sell your copy of Halo 5 and go back to CoD, we don't like your kind here.
How ironic you say this, since Halo 5 is the most similar Halo game to Call of Duty, besides Halo 4. Thrusters, Sprint, Slide, Clamber, ADS, etc.

I'm just going to leave this here.
Dropshot is a CoD player term,
Nice work on the link though sure got a point across or something.
Except halo had half that stuff before CoD. Thrusters/jetpack/"exosuit". If anything CoD became more Halo, and is a lot less balanced. The only things Halo got it had was sprint,slide, and clamber. Which aren't even CoD things, those have been and are in so many other games it can't even be labeled to a single IP
I think what the OP is referring to is when people spam the crouch button. Hitting it once while getting shot I've seen before and like all of you are saying, it is easily countered and it does reduce the speed of that player. However, people now are constantly hitting the crouch button to "bounce" while they strafe. You can call it a legitimate tactic all you want, its still a -Yoink- move. Just like people say corner camping is a legitimate tactic. It's a way for a weak player to avoid getting killed once they realize they screwed up.

And it is definitely more common to see then in previous Halo's.
Yeah previous Halo's just had people jump shoting like idiots all the time, which is far more agravating than crouching. Plus it's more common in this game cause crouching reduces recoil, which i don't think previous games had
I think what the OP is referring to is when people spam the crouch button. Hitting it once while getting shot I've seen before and like all of you are saying, it is easily countered and it does reduce the speed of that player. However, people now are constantly hitting the crouch button to "bounce" while they strafe. You can call it a legitimate tactic all you want, its still a -Yoink- move. Just like people say corner camping is a legitimate tactic. It's a way for a weak player to avoid getting killed once they realize they screwed up.

And it is definitely more common to see then in previous Halo's.
Yeah previous Halo's just had people jump shoting like idiots all the time, which is far more agravating than crouching. Plus it's more common in this game cause crouching reduces recoil, which i don't think previous games had
I agree. This is going to be the new jump shooting. Everyone will learn to adapt to it eventually. The thrusting ability definitely helps throw off their aim to give you time to readjust. Or just throw some plasma grenades. Doesnt matter how much you shake once you get hit with one of those
I think what the OP is referring to is when people spam the crouch button. Hitting it once while getting shot I've seen before and like all of you are saying, it is easily countered and it does reduce the speed of that player. However, people now are constantly hitting the crouch button to "bounce" while they strafe. You can call it a legitimate tactic all you want, its still a -Yoink- move. Just like people say corner camping is a legitimate tactic. It's a way for a weak player to avoid getting killed once they realize they screwed up.

And it is definitely more common to see then in previous Halo's.
No it's not anything like corner camping because crouch strafing makes yourself harder to hit while actively engaging your opponent.

Going by your logic, strafing would be a "-yoink- move" because it makes you harder to hit. Only difference is that strafing is moving back and forth along the horizontal axis while crouching & standing back up is moving along the vertical axis.

I guess players should just hold still.
Quote:
No it's not anything like corner camping because crouch strafing makes yourself harder to hit while actively engaging your opponent.Going by your logic, strafing would be a "-yoink- move" because it makes you harder to hit. Only difference is that strafing is moving back and forth along the horizontal axis while crouching & standing back up is moving along the vertical axis.I guess players should just hold still.
There is "making yourself harder to hit" and "using a cheap trick" Strafing is legitimate because there is a counter to it. When you bounce up and down around like a kid that had too many pixie sticks, you're using a cheap trick.

You want to do it that's fine, by all means go ahead. But when I kill you and teabag your corpse dont get upset.
S 000 DeM wrote:
I mean, I hit my crouch accidentally all the time, but if you keep dying to it I guess it must be a viable strategy. At least against you. Why so salty?
I accidentally do it all the time as well, and I almost always end up dying from it
I don't see anything with crouching
Without it, what would happen to victory crouching?
I like to watch their shots and see if they are aiming at my head right off the bat when my shields are still up.

If their shots are going towards my head then I crouch for just long enough for them to adjust & when their shots start going lower, I stand back up.

It's so freaking funny and so predictable a lot of times.
Quote:
No it's not anything like corner camping because crouch strafing makes yourself harder to hit while actively engaging your opponent.Going by your logic, strafing would be a "-yoink- move" because it makes you harder to hit. Only difference is that strafing is moving back and forth along the horizontal axis while crouching & standing back up is moving along the vertical axis.I guess players should just hold still.
There is "making yourself harder to hit" and "using a cheap trick" Strafing is legitimate because there is a counter to it. When you bounce up and down around like a kid that had too many pixie sticks, you're using a cheap trick.

.
You still haven't explained why moving along the vertical axis is cheap while moving along the horizontal axis is apparently not. I didn't expect you to though, because you're obviously just butthurt because you can't deal with crouch strafing.
Adapt your play style, tactics change, games change its a part of life unfortunately.
Yessss I see it all the time. Really annoying.
Please sell your copy of Halo 5 and go back to CoD, we don't like your kind here.
Preach it!
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a perfectly legitimate tactic. It also isn't anything new.
It is new on Halo, I have been playing since reach and I have never seen this.
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a perfectly legitimate tactic. It also isn't anything new.
It is new on Halo, I have been playing since reach and I have never seen this.
It's been in Halo since Halo 1.
I do it on accident after I do a shoulder charge my finger randomly presses the crouch button and it sucks because sometimes i don't even realize that I'm crouching until I want to walk away and I'm going super slow
Well I once see a guy doing this to dont get shoot by my teammate.It doesnt save him ,my knife always finds it target(unless I die befor that is an other story).So whoever do dropshooting:It will save you one or two times from getting kill but people will learn your tactics and will do contermesaures to kill you.So at the end the dropshooter will be dead.But I can not say if it happen after one or more enemy engagments.
Personnal views are welcome
Greetings to my teammate
gethtones wrote:
Quote:
No it's not anything like corner camping because crouch strafing makes yourself harder to hit while actively engaging your opponent.Going by your logic, strafing would be a "-yoink- move" because it makes you harder to hit. Only difference is that strafing is moving back and forth along the horizontal axis while crouching & standing back up is moving along the vertical axis.I guess players should just hold still.
There is "making yourself harder to hit" and "using a cheap trick" Strafing is legitimate because there is a counter to it. When you bounce up and down around like a kid that had too many pixie sticks, you're using a cheap trick.

.
You still haven't explained why moving along the vertical axis is cheap while moving along the horizontal axis is apparently not. I didn't expect you to though, because you're obviously just butthurt because you can't deal with crouch strafing.
Ok. Because when you strafe and move along the horizontal axis it is uniform motion. When you bounce you move up and down erratically.
So the uniform motion can be followed while aiming. The erratic motion can not be followed, or followed poorly, causing the bullet that should have killed you to miss.

And I never said I was "butthurt". I was commenting on a thread and offering an opinion. The fact that you have to come on here and say things like that means you know it is a cheap tactic, and thats all the proof I really need.
gethtones wrote:
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a perfectly legitimate tactic. It also isn't anything new.
It is new on Halo, I have been playing since reach and I have never seen this.
You have been playing since Reach and you are acting like you have been playing since the vary beginning. You do know there where Halos before Reach Right?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18