2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 18
"Crouch more than strafe" - Snakebite, top 3 pro player in the game right now when asked if strafing or crouching is more effective. This topic continues to be brought up and get tons of replies, and it's laughable. It's not even a debate, just a part of the game meta. And obviously it works, otherwise people wouldn't conitnue to complain.
it adds to the skill gap.
I don't agree with that, but I do at the same time as well. The physical act of crouching to make yourself an erratic target while blasting a person with a shotgun, I have no problem with. It's a legit tactic, just like camping. However, sliding in this game adds nothing to me. Control is taken away from the player yet again, and there is no sections of the map that encourages using slide, like getting under a half-opened door. If 343i were to take it away in a random update, I would not miss it much.
No there are some places like on fathom that offer a good escape route if you slide
Really? I'll have to check that. I've never seen any parts of the map that lets me do that. That said, is it only on Fathom? If so, then that is one map out of a bunch of maps, which makes slide a gimmick that has some marginal utility on one map.
I don't know the call out for the area i think its were splinter grenades spawn besides the towers that gap in the all you slide through and im sure they are on other maps i just haven't noticed them
Ironically enough it is called Red and Blue Slide lmao. A lot of people slide out into mid from street. Not nearly as many people know that you can slide into the street as well from outside. It also can be incorporated with the thrust and jump features to move the fastest around the map. But other than that, yea it is pretty useless. Kind of like sliding in Batman Arkham Knight lol. I made it all the way thru the campaign before I knew I could slide.
Someone who is trash that I am easily beating.....but then he crouches once and I can't hit him.......

It's called aiming. Figure it out.
Been ducking shots since CE, so get outta here. The point is to avoid your shots and land mine
Smh... Some people these days.
I didn't realize ducking so you have to adjust your aim was cheap. this isn't COD. haven't found a move yet that would be considered cheap like dropshot in COD. that said, shoot em on the ground then
yeah buddy sorry to say but its called crouch strafing and its always been in halo and if someone is worse than you then moving your right stick down ever so slightly shouldn't be too hard for you to do.
When I was focusing on strafe I spend a week or 2 integrating crouch. In the end I came to the following conclusions.

• Crouching unexpectedly near the end of 1v1 BR/Magnum encounter can slightly increase the probability of the challenger missing one shot
  • Crouching unexpectedly near the end of 1v1 BR/Magnum encounter will decrease movement speed and increase the probability of taking nade or auxiliary damage from another challenger.
  • Integrating Dash unexpectedly near the end of an encounter increases the probability of the challenger missing one or more shots and is the more effective, widely adopted technique. Especially after you learn how to aim while dashing.
Crouching during an encounter can be effective if used sparingly, depending on range to target and challengers movement style.
If crouching behavior is over integrated into a players strafe it obsv becomes predictable and once predictable is easily overcome by either strafe dash aiming or counter crouching...

Anecdotal evidence FTW.

-Dom
If your meaning Crouch Jumping, that has always been a thing in almost every Halo title because it is a tactic, since there is no prone in Halo, people are likely to crouch jump & shoot back because it is helpful at some points, mostly in close range.
You can't even go prone or dolphin dive...your argument is invalid.
Are you talking about crouch shooting? Because it's a legitimate tactic
Ferg3 wrote:
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
It's a perfectly legitimate tactic, sounds to me like your just a terrible gunfighter. Ive been crouch strafing since Halo 2. You just suck at this game.. shouldn't be that hard to deal with
Crouch shooting is such a horrible tactic.
It's a tactic and it works sometimes especially when they do that to me it's an easy target to pick off just throw some grenades and shot the person in the face ;o then do a celebratory T-Bag if you really wanted too.
Ferg3 wrote:
Whoever brought drop shotting to Halo, should seriously never buy another Halo game ever. Seriously, the only thing drop shotting is in, is COD, but now it's in Halo, and I don't like that one bit. It's so dumb how you are easily crushing this guy who is obviously worse than you, but then you die because the guy thinks he's clever and presses the crouch button. I can't stand this new way to play and it's ruining the experience of Halo 5.
Sorry dude, but what is drop shooting?
it adds to the skill gap.
I don't agree with that, but I do at the same time as well. The physical act of crouching to make yourself an erratic target while blasting a person with a shotgun, I have no problem with. It's a legit tactic, just like camping. However, sliding in this game adds nothing to me. Control is taken away from the player yet again, and there is no sections of the map that encourages using slide, like getting under a half-opened door. If 343i were to take it away in a random update, I would not miss it much.
I don't know the call out for the area i think its were splinter grenades spawn besides the towers that gap in the all you slide through and im sure they are on other maps i just haven't noticed them
i know what ur talking about
That was awesome...and a perfectly timed counter evidence.
Ferg3 wrote:
Yup. It really then only thing one can do during a 1v1 that pisses me off. That's why I T-Bag crouchers after I kill them.
OP, how hard is it to shoot someone who crouches? If you're as good as you claim you are, it shouldn't be a problem.

Stop whining.
It makes them an easier target cause all you're shooting is there head.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Crouch shooting is such a horrible tactic.
Then why care about it?
I don't see the problem.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 18