Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Early thoughts on ODST slayer

OP CeramicSugar248

having put a few games in tonight on ODST slayer I thought I'd share my early thoughts on it
no radar
sprint,clamber, slide (stabilisers still in effect )
no shields , (regen still in effect )
no change in bms , sprint speed or jump height (best I can tell)
h5 standard map pool ( all the ones I've played so far )
silenced smg /tac magnum loadouts (grenades still in effect )
any maps with oversheilds are now camo

I'm sure I missed a feature or 2 but so far it's been fun
Due to no rader and the quicker Time to kill the player movement around the map seems to have slowed considerably compared to a standard h5 slayer match . The mode seems to reward both passive and aggressive play styles equally although shotties , hammer and melee have become a bit redundant , grenades now seem like a loadout power weapon . I'm not sure the Sprint slide mechanics are really needed for the mode but I suppose it allows for the h5 map pool to be utilised .overall I'm enjoying it and it seems the player population is as well because , it the quickest h5 lobbies I've been in for some time .
I am planning on playing at least one or two matches tonight, so I'm glad to see you've been enjoying it!
Yeah it's been fun.

Only thing for me is that it lags out when I quit matchmaking, making me restart my console.
helZnate wrote:
Yeah it's been fun.

Only thing for me is that it lags out when I quit matchmaking, making me restart my console.
Halo 5 is the only game I own on the Xbox that does this. I'm not sure if it's lag or the game just freezes or something, but it's the only one that does it to where I have to quit out of the game and reload it from the dashboard.
I love ODST Slayer. I switched my armor and helmet to ODST variants, my emblem to the ODST sigil, and my callsign to BUCK. I've also turned off the background music and I'm playing the ODST soundtrack on Spotify for Xbox. lol

Let the 10 year anniversary festivities begin!!! :D
What a breath of fresh air. One match and I actually had fun in H5 again. Wish it was more than one playlist that was still fun, but hey I’ll take it. I wonder if ODST Slayer is a testbed for a potential mode in Infinite. Might be a bit of a stretch though, but it’s definitely a fun gametype!
I'm going to try it tonight. I'm a bit sceptical but people are saying it's good so I'm a try it
IDX Rider wrote:
helZnate wrote:
Yeah it's been fun.

Halo 5 is the only game I own on the Xbox that does this. I'm not sure if it's lag or the game just freezes or something, but it's the only one that does it to where I have to quit out of the game and reload it from the dashboard.
Same , it seems much worse at the moment though for whatever reason
Its funny seeing noobs use the plasma pistol to drain shields: we don't have any!
Its funny seeing noobs use the plasma pistol to drain shields: we don't have any!
Well, you kind of do. They're just minimal and hidden.