Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Elimination playlist basically removed breakout

OP Jordanpischke

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've pretty much only played halo 5 for breakout and now with this new elimination playlist I've yet to even get to play breakout.... every single game I've played so far has been extermination. Its a alright game mode, but it's not what I want to play.
Same.
Been saying this in other threads. The weighting is awful. I don't like extermination but I would tolerate it if the weighting was 33% for each. It belongs in Arena, and Elimination should return to OG Breakout and Breakout 2.0, preferably just OG Breakout...
Breakout 1.0 should be in swat playlist. It has not sheilds so it would be better there. I personally do not like Breakout 1.0

Elimination is so LAME. I originally played Halo 5 for Team Arena. But, after hitting a ceiling because I do not memorize spawn locations I moved on to Breakout 2.0

I think spawn killing ruins the game. Elimination should not have taken away Breakout 2.0
There are no fun game types to play anymore... I run out of ammo all the time. weapons dissapear too fast, and I always end up in a giant death spiral every time I play. I just spawn with no teamates and the maps are so small and you get pinned down by players with power weapons its NO FUN

In BREAKOUT 2.0 you could run for cover and people would forget about you and continue with the objective of capturing the flag. You could take out the entire enemy team one by one because everyone spread out to look for you. Be carefull not to get too close because I have a shotgun! BEST GAME EVER!

The only thing Breakout 2.0 needed was a fix on the shotgun glitches. My shotgun always kept shooting rounds for no reason. Even if I change my weapon to a pistol, shotgun rounds will shoot out of my pistol..👎
I liked how there were very few maps. It made it really an Gladiator Olympic Event⚔
I have played 30+ games this season and have played at most 10 games of extermination
I have played 30+ games this season and have played at most 10 games of extermination
you're lucky then. This new gametype ruined Halo 5 for me. I'm an Onyx in Elimination but I just cant stand spawn dying.
You know what it's like to have to fight 3 people when everyone has a pistol? It's impossible. and then to have weaker players on your team spawn next to you and attract gunfire.
I'm going to stop playing Halo now. BREAKOUT 2.0 was the best and you can't even play it in custom games!
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
you're lucky then. This new gametype ruined Halo 5 for me. I'm an Onyx in Elimination but I just cant stand spawn dying.
You know what it's like to have to fight 3 people when everyone has a pistol? It's impossible. and then to have weaker players on your team spawn next to you and attract gunfire.
I'm going to stop playing Halo now. BREAKOUT 2.0 was the best and you can't even play it in custom games!
Find a team of people to play with. It significantly helps when playing extermination
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
People straight up hated Breakout 2.0, the ideal wish people wanted was to remove 2.0 and bring back 1.0

Like for almost all of 2018 it was in the bottom 5 playlists in the game. There were moments where Mythic Firefight had more numbers and that playlist only appears for 3 days a week.
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
People straight up hated Breakout 2.0, the ideal wish people wanted was to remove 2.0 and bring back 1.0

Like for almost all of 2018 it was in the bottom 5 playlists in the game. There were moments where Mythic Firefight had more numbers and that playlist only appears for 3 days a week.
I don't believe it. Where did you get numbers of playlist population. I'm in a BREAKOUT 2.0 club with 500 members. we're High Diamonds Onyx and Champions. always on and alway playing.

1.0 is for newbs. elimination should be it's own playlist.
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:

I don't believe it. Where did you get numbers of playlist population. I'm in a BREAKOUT 2.0 club with 500 members. we're High Diamonds Onyx and Champions. always on and alway playing.

It's in the matchmaking section of the waypoint forums and it lists all the playlists from most popular to least.
They should just bring back THE ORIGINAL BREAK OUT!!! Breakout 2.0 and Extermination should be in social. There was nothing wrong with OG Breakout!
Sounds like they're giving exterm the highest chance to be picked when it should be equal, they always did that with new maps that would come out, pretty annoying.
My games have pretty evenly split. Out of 36 games: 16 Extermination, 8 Beakout 2.0, 12 Beakout 1.0. Overall I'm very happy with this playlist.
I'm the opposite... I didn't play much extermination I finished with a great KD around 2ish and 7/10 being wins against onyx and diamond tier players and I'm starting to think that's why I didn't get as high of a rating (Plat 3) having only 88 kills in my qualifying games ( 2 extermination 4 OG breakout 4 breakout V2 ).
I truly don’t understand why extermination wasn’t made it’s own playlist entirely every who only plays for extermination would be happy and everyone who plays for breakout would be happy it would also stop as many people from backing out because of them not wanting to play breakout/extermination lastly breakout 2.0 was the only game mode I truly injoyed playing and I don’t see it enough.
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:

From Josh of 343 itself.

Last week it was 4th from the bottom. Like there's a reason that Breakout was put into a rotational playlist, they didn't just do that at random.
BREAKOUT 2.0 was like MLG - Not as popular but very important.

It was not a gametype for bad players. err it was a gametype for people tired of the SPAWNKILLING. The shotgun was a saftey measure that made the game very fair!
I agree with OP about extermination. Breakout was the one playlist I would play regularly and with passion. I have many friends who I'd team up with and enjoy hours of this super fun game-type. Then 343 added extermination. Look, I'm not trying to immediately throw dirt on 343, they made an EXCELLENT decision to bring back OG Breakout. BUT Extermination doesn't belong in a ranked playlist, let alone a breakout playlist.

Breakout was a perfect mix of aggressiveness, patience, timing and strategy. You could kill the other team or run the flag, up to you. Extermination requires you to be aggressive ALL THE DAMN TIME. I don't remember how many times we got down to a 4v1 or 3v1 and the other guy would just hide until his teammates re-spawned. This happened regularly and MULTIPLE TIMES PER GAME throughout my Extermination experience. Games would be 4-0 and result in a tie because the other team would hide until their teammates re-spawned, nabbing a draw from what should have been a clear defeat. In Breakout, you can hide but that's why the flag is there -- TO COUNTER HIDING THROUGH A MATCH.

Also, apparently this isn't just me, but out of the last 10 matches I played 6 OF THEM WERE YOINKING EXTERMINATION. Extermination is literally blocking me from playing my favorite gamemode. When I solo-que, I tend to dashboard the moment I see extermination, because I just dont enjoy it.

Please take Extermination OUT OF the Breakout playlist. Breakout and Breakout 2.0 are perfect on their own. Make Extermination social, it will be better for everyone.
I wish I was you. My most played game mode is breakout 2.0 yuck. I want more extermination when I play elimination
If the problem is that there are too many playlists in Ranked.. than I would put FFA in Social. and put BREAKOUT 2.0 back where it belongs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2