Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Enough with Armor/Helmets/Emblems in DLC

OP Snipes McGee

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know they need filler for their REQs but does anyone really care about these new armors, helmets or emblems that drop each update? I'm still trying to complete 100% REQs and I could care less about these new REQs because all they do is make me have to go back to Silver Packs.

"Oh boy, I can't wait to get _______ armor/helmet/emblem"... said no one ever.

Enough with these during updates 343.
I know they need filler for their REQs but does anyone really care about these new armors, helmets or emblems that drop each update? I'm still trying to complete 100% REQs and I could care less about these new REQs because all they do is make me have to go back to Silver Packs.

I do. I am a sucker for aesthetics and anything that allows me to further customize my spartan is a bonus.

And besides, if the armor design teams are working on armor design, and you take armor out of the equation, what are they gonna work on? (this goes double for outsourced designs, such as those made by airborne industries or liquid dev)
Tell this to the people who still want their falcon.
Xzultan wrote:

I do. I am a sucker for aesthetics and anything that allows me to further customize my spartan is a bonus.
Fair enough, I maybe should of made this a poll to see what the split is.
I personally do not care to have 200+ helmets and armors, before when you could have different chest pieces, shoulders and all that stuff it was more fun to customize now its just 20 sort of different armors and 180 that look almost the same. In the game I cannot tell what any one else uses. I would much rather have maps over the slightly changed armor and helmets.
I don't even really like most of the armor, but still I do enjoy it when a new one is announced. They are bits of lore, which I really like!
i might be in the minority here but i'd rather have more weapon skins then Armors. Atleast you can see the weapon skins while playing.
does anyone really care about these new armors, helmets or emblems that drop each update?

I'm still trying to complete 100% REQs

Obviously you care about the REQs.
i might be in the minority here but i'd rather have more weapon skins then Armors. Atleast you can see the weapon skins while playing.
Would be nice to have Woodland, Urban, Oni etc weapon skins to match the vehicles =)
does anyone really care about these new armors, helmets or emblems that drop each update?

right? i hate when people contradict themselves and don't even know it.

you can't say " does anyone actually care about X"

and the right after say " i am trying to complete goal of X"

because that means you, yourself, cares

it's like saying, i hate football!
but trying to make your high school team.

i actually say this EVERY update, and am super bummed that we only have a small req pool this update, even though i just started golds.

I haven't even unlocked everything yet, but I like the fact that they continue to add content to the game. Regardless of what that content is, whether its armor, maps, or new vehicles. I like it.

I guess I am no one then... I was stoked when the Mark IV was released, as well as all of the armours in Memories of Reach. I literally said "I can't wait to get armour/helmet". And even in this update, the Cyclops helmet looks really neat. It's reminiscent of the original GUNGNIR, which I loved. I may end up using it.
"Oh boy, I can't wait to get lone wolf emblem".... said me.
getatme94 wrote:

right? i hate when people contradict themselves and don't even know it.

you can't say " does anyone actually care about X"

and the right after say " i am trying to complete goal of X"

because that means you, yourself, cares

it's like saying, i hate football!
but trying to make your high school team.
I only care about them because I want to complete it. I could do without the 180+ variations so it wasn't as tedious to complete. I like unlocking weapons, vehicles, armor mods and loadouts. Every time I get an armor, helmet or emblem I could care less about unlocking that.
I like new armor and helmets. You see plenty of people using Shinobi, Mark IV [GEN 1], Wrath, Indomitable, etc in multiplayer games, so clearly people are using the new additions. I mean, there's obviously going to be more people using the Ultra Rare and Legendary armors than the Rares and Uncommons, just because of the whole "rarer = cooler" mentality, but there are definitely people who look forward to and make use of vanity items brought in these updates.

If I got Helioskrill Bloodgorger right now, I'd use it. Emblems are fine since they don't interfere with completion, but who the hell keeps adding the numbers?
I personally dont care about the variations. If they release some good armor then I may get excited but as it stands, out of the several hundred armor variations only about 5 stand out to me
i wouldnt mind the extra armor if they didn't all look like UTTER CRAP.
Everyone says the new cyclops helmet looks like a toaster, but I like it. I do like aesthetics in updates because it's another thing for me to be jealous about when I see people that have them 😞

This post has been hidden.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2