Everyone is Good in Their Own Way

OP THA LIMO DRIVER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Just played a couple games of slayer with one of my friends who is a silver 4, so obviously we were getting matched with some lower ranked players. I had a much harder time playing against those guys than I thought. What I wanted to say is for those of you who may be a lower rank than you think you should be or you're trying to get better don't let your CSR discourage you it doesn't mean you're not good at the game. Shout out to those guys for playing well and enjoying the game, I had fun.

Also glad to see that there's still a lot of different ranked players still playing the game and not just a bunch of Onyx and diamond guys.
Too bad a lot of people don't understand this. I played with a guy earlier who would not stop talking -Yoink- that I had a bad game. It was one of those games where literally everything that could go wrong went wrong. I had 6 of the first 11 deaths on my team and that was almost right out of the gate because of some crazy circumstances. This guy on my team took the time to come out of party chat to yell at me that I was "losing the game for them" and that I needed to "slow the -Yoink- down". So, I actually took his advice and slowed down. I still ended up doing pretty poorly and went 6-13, but he went like 8-11 or something which isn't much better then had the audacity to call me "trash". I kept my mic muted the entire time, by the way, and never responded to him. After the game, I backed out of the lobby and he felt the need to message me calling me trash again saying "I wasn't even good" because I'm a Plat 2 right now (he was a Plat 3 so that didn't make any sense either). I responded saying that my overall stats were better than his which shut him up, but then about a half hour later I got into a game with him again and he did nothing but grief me and betray me with his buddy the whole game. After that they decided to spam the hell out of me with infinite party invites (until I blocked them that is).
The point is, judging someone based off of their rank or even judging them based on the performance of one game is a pretty crappy thing to do.
Noble 29 wrote:
Too bad a lot of people don't understand this. I played with a guy earlier who would not stop talking -Yoink- that I had a bad game. It was one of those games where literally everything that could go wrong went wrong. I had 6 of the first 11 deaths on my team and that was almost right out of the gate because of some crazy circumstances. This guy on my team took the time to come out of party chat to yell at me that I was "losing the game for them" and that I needed to "slow the -Yoink- down". So, I actually took his advice and slowed down. I still ended up doing pretty poorly and went 6-13, but he went like 8-11 or something which isn't much better then had the audacity to call me "trash". I kept my mic muted the entire time, by the way, and never responded to him. After the game, I backed out of the lobby and he felt the need to message me calling me trash again saying "I wasn't even good" because I'm a Plat 2 right now (he was a Plat 3 so that didn't make any sense either). I responded saying that my overall stats were better than his which shut him up, but then about a half hour later I got into a game with him again and he did nothing but grief me and betray me with his buddy the whole game. After that they decided to spam the hell out of me with infinite party invites (until I blocked them that is).
The point is, judging someone based off of their rank or even judging them based on the performance of one game is a pretty crappy thing to do.
Well said Noble. I think you handled it the best way possible. Its a shame there are players out there like that. And its unfortunate you matched up with him again on another game. :-/

Zippy
If I were to put this post into a nutshell, it's this: Everyone is a Champion in their own right.

EDIT: Not smurfs, though; they can go rot in a hole.
Could be smurfs
Lots of people are ranked lower than they should be... I placed in Proving Grounds the very first day, which is a brand new playlist of course, so there is no history or much of a ranked player-base to play against and factor into placements... did well, only placed Gold 3 or 4, I believe... I've been an Onyx ranked player since launch and I've been destroying in that playlist since it's come out.

A buddy of mine, who is highest-skill Diamond, placed Platinum a couple of days later, and I was out-performing him in his placement matches (not knocking him)... but by the time he played, there was more of a player-base that was ranked and a range of skill to play against and that affected the final placement. It's all when you place sometimes.

Then you have smurfs, and all sorts of other weird scenarios. Players under-ranked and stuck because they're held back by sub-par teammates... weird matching... Idk, the ranking system just isn't that great. Lots of room for improvement... Idk why they just don't start everyone out at Bronze 1 and just let people climb the ladder like H2 and H3. Lots of people have been pretty vocal about wanting a system like 1-50 for a long time now. It led to much more balanced and consistent MM, more often... lots of (+/-) 50-30 roundabout games in H5... H2 and H3 always had matches ending at 50-40, 50-45, 50-48... had lots more close, intense matches back in the day seems like... Now you have a couple players trying to carry the rest of their team on their back like 50% of the time. Then you see at the end of the game how skewed the ranks/matching was.

I'm not convinced that this is the way to go with ranks, moving forward...
Lots of people are ranked lower than they should be... I placed in Proving Grounds the very first day, which is a brand new playlist of course, so there is no history or much of a ranked player-base to play against and factor into placements... did well, only placed Gold 3 or 4, I believe... I've been an Onyx ranked player since launch and I've been destroying in that playlist since it's come out.

A buddy of mine, who is highest-skill Diamond, placed Platinum a couple of days later, and I was out-performing him in his placement matches (not knocking him)... but by the time he played, there was more of a player-base that was ranked and a range of skill to play against and that affected the final placement. It's all when you place sometimes.

Then you have smurfs, and all sorts of other weird scenarios. Players under-ranked and stuck because they're held back by sub-par teammates... weird matching... Idk, the ranking system just isn't that great. Lots of room for improvement... Idk why they just don't start everyone out at Bronze 1 and just let people climb the ladder like H2 and H3. Lots of people have been pretty vocal about wanting a system like 1-50 for a long time now. It led to much more balanced and consistent MM, more often... lots of (+/-) 50-30 roundabout games in H5... H2 and H3 always had matches ending at 50-40, 50-45, 50-48... had lots more close, intense matches back in the day seems like... Now you have a couple players trying to carry the rest of their team on their back like 50% of the time. Then you see at the end of the game how skewed the ranks/matching was.

Yea h2 and h3 had a much better ranking system because would only match within 10 levels or less soo the games were good and close. In h3 they had party matching as well soo even when you played solo you know your teammates would be around your skill. In this game basically only feels balanced when your in Diamond and Above. Platinum and below is a nightmare lol
Noble 29 wrote:
Git gud? ;-)

Nah I'm kidding. I agree with you that there are so many d-bags playing this game who go out of the way to troll people in game chat. Like, how does that help ANYTHING..? Lots of people are honestly trying their best.

I find it so ironic that if all the "noobs" listened to the d-bags who scream "Quit halo! Go back to COD", and actually quit playing the game, then those d-bags would be the worst players in H5, and getting constantly stomped on.

PSA - All the noobs out there are the ones who make you feel good about your own skills! So don't hate on them... if not for them, you'd be ranked bronze. :-D
i guess one who doesn't win is technically good at losing, so you right lol
I see a lot of smurfs on the battlefield. It's not something to be gloating and boasting about, if you are a smurf, thank you for driving away Halo's population. It will be you who ultimately won't benefit from your wrongdoing.
It's refreshing to hear some positive words like this especially about the community because mostly people complain about the community. People complain because its easy to do. Hearing positive words like this is great!
I've noticed my game falls into 2 categories or it does these days at least. Anyway I'm either carrying the team for the first half of the game and then becoming the biggest liability of us all. Or the reverse where I let everyone down before having a major come back in the second half. But to hell with it. It is a game after all and you can't put a price on a strong opening or good last HOOOOORAAAH.
Also
Just played a couple games of slayer with one of my friends who is a silver 4, so obviously we were getting matched with some lower ranked players. I had a much harder time playing against those guys than I thought. What I wanted to say is for those of you who may be a lower rank than you think you should be or you're trying to get better don't let your CSR discourage you it doesn't mean you're not good at the game. Shout out to those guys for playing well and enjoying the game, I had fun.

Also glad to see that there's still a lot of different ranked players still playing the game and not just a bunch of Onyx and diamond guys.
Also shout out to OP for reminding me how great a community we have
The title of this thread reeks of feel-good fluff.

Look, I understand that everybody has a horrible game once in a while (or even a streak of horrible matches), but saying everyone is good in their own way is just false. You are doing these players an injustice by lying to them (and yes, there is a tactful way to tell someone they are not good at something). There are genuinely unskilled players out there.

I know I will probably have my stats looked at after posting this, and that's fine, but I by no means consider myself a top tier Halo player. I think I am a little above average, so take from that for what you will.
I wish the champions at going 0k-0a-20d would stop being on my team in ranked slayer....

Yea h2 and h3 had a much better ranking system because would only match within 10 levels or less soo the games were good and close. In h3 they had party matching as well soo even when you played solo you know your teammates would be around your skill. In this game basically only feels balanced when your in Diamond and Above. Platinum and below is a nightmare lol
Right, and I mean a player had to win time and time again, work their way up, and EARN their skill placement. You don't reach level 40 without going through what all other level 40's had to go through.

You at least know that your teammates are capable and reliable enough. People have off days and bad games, but you have the confidence knowing that your game is evenly matched, and should facilitate highly competitive gameplay, relative to the level of numeric skill involved.
ThirdEye27 wrote:
The title of this thread reeks of feel-good fluff.

Look, I understand that everybody has a horrible game once in a while (or even a streak of horrible matches), but saying everyone is good in their own way is just false. You are doing these players an injustice by lying to them (and yes, there is a tactful way to tell someone they are not good at something). There are genuinely unskilled players out there.

I know I will probably have my stats looked at after posting this, and that's fine, but I by no means consider myself a top tier Halo player. I think I am a little above average, so take from that for what you will.
**Looks at service record** :P

100% truth though.
I think is ok if I had a bad game and a team mate messages me saying we lost because of me, or calling me trash, I mean is part of the heat of the game, and if I went 4 and 14 (which I have, there are just bad games for many reasons) they are right, and I take it. I just can't take team mates who judge you in the beginning of the game, or the middle of the game, or team mates who didn't do much better than I did. In those cases please shut up.
Ranks are more challenging these days because of the smurfs and some downrankers as of late. The one thing that was good about not rotating down a medal is that it basically created a blockade for the downrankers. But I typically don't argue or debate someone if they say I am trash unless they are WAY off base. I have dropped some 5-15 games and it was the sole reason we lost the TS. If they unload on me they have every right to and I typically just agree and say I will do better next game.

Recently I started out a BTB with an 0-8. My teammate calmly says Pulse watch your deaths. That is it. I still finish with a 10-12 which I felt was poor but considering where I came from that was a solid accomplishment.

One of the better feelings if when you do have a terrible game. One guy unloads the heavy rant and then 2 games later you see him on the opposite side and you pwn that game and him.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
Noble 29 wrote:
Git gud? ;-)

Nah I'm kidding. I agree with you that there are so many d-bags playing this game who go out of the way to troll people in game chat. Like, how does that help ANYTHING..? Lots of people are honestly trying their best.

I find it so ironic that if all the "noobs" listened to the d-bags who scream "Quit halo! Go back to COD", and actually quit playing the game, then those d-bags would be the worst players in H5, and getting constantly stomped on.

PSA - All the noobs out there are the ones who make you feel good about your own skills! So don't hate on them... if not for them, you'd be ranked bronze. :-D
Speaking of which, the first message that guy sent to me was telling me to kill myself. Like seriously? It's a damn video game and you're telling people to kill themselves because they had a bad match? It's just so pathetic and it's sad that these types of people run rampant in online communities because of the protection of anonymity they have sitting in their basement staring at a TV screen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8