3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
Noble 29 wrote:
Too bad a lot of people don't understand this. I played with a guy earlier who would not stop talking -Yoink- that I had a bad game. It was one of those games where literally everything that could go wrong went wrong. I had 6 of the first 11 deaths on my team and that was almost right out of the gate because of some crazy circumstances. This guy on my team took the time to come out of party chat to yell at me that I was "losing the game for them" and that I needed to "slow the -Yoink- down". So, I actually took his advice and slowed down. I still ended up doing pretty poorly and went 6-13, but he went like 8-11 or something which isn't much better then had the audacity to call me "trash". I kept my mic muted the entire time, by the way, and never responded to him. After the game, I backed out of the lobby and he felt the need to message me calling me trash again saying "I wasn't even good" because I'm a Plat 2 right now (he was a Plat 3 so that didn't make any sense either). I responded saying that my overall stats were better than his which shut him up, but then about a half hour later I got into a game with him again and he did nothing but grief me and betray me with his buddy the whole game. After that they decided to spam the hell out of me with infinite party invites (until I blocked them that is).
The point is, judging someone based off of their rank or even judging them based on the performance of one game is a pretty crappy thing to do.
I don't play H5 rigorously like the people in Onyx or anything like that, but I'm still decent. I place first constantly on my team, yet with my low rank, people still call me "garbage" or "useless". I just don't listen to them.
Agreed OP. I think the greatest idea for playing the games and being on the forums is that;

Halo is family!
The play styles differ in all tiers of ranking. Gold players play way differently than Diamond or Onyx players. One time, when I was running around Diamond and Onyx in FFA, I had a friend over. While he was doing something else, I decided to hop onto Halo 5 with his account. I did not preform as well as I thought I would have. He was Gold 3 I believe at the time while I was an Onyx player and the Gold players took routes and played maps way differently than what I was used to. Now of course, getting flanked by a gold player wasn't something I couldn't handle and I still won, but not as easily as I had thought.

Long story short, don't underestimate your opponent. They may look harmless, but their lack of game knowledge and positioning can throw you off by you thinking them of doing the norm for you level.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
Agreed OP. I think the greatest idea for playing the games and being on the forums is that;

Halo is family!
The 6-4's a family, and we'll kick your -Yoink-.
All this love and positivity fills my soul with warm fuzzies... But in all seriousness, the ranking isn't perfect. I won 7/10 games in Swat yesterday and did pretty well in all the matches. I still got a Silver 5. I am admittedly really bad though.
Very passive and little spiteful haha
I think that unless you play on a regular (everyday) bases, you will have good days and bad days. Defiantly ride out those good days!!
The title of this thread reeks of feel-good fluff.
Look, I understand that everybody has a horrible game once in a while (or even a streak of horrible matches), but saying everyone is good in their own way is just false. You are doing these players an injustice by lying to them (and yes, there is a tactful way to tell someone they are not good at something). There are genuinely unskilled players out there.
I know I will probably have my stats looked at after posting this, and that's fine, but I by no means consider myself a top tier Halo player. I think I am a little above average, so take from that for what you will.
Im not saying your wrong but just take a sec to see another POV. A player can get 20k to 0d and be in a sence a bad player. Why? Because they only care about their own game. A bad play may not get kills but if the team are playing to co-ordinate and push objectives/chokes/power spawns/control points they can be an asset. So despite being a "Bad Player" they are good players in their own way they may not get a kill but the other team members still benefit in some way. Hell Ive played a game or two where one guy was just awful but he acted as perfect bait for the rest of us to pick off his assailants. it was on overgrown or plaza if I recall and we won. So there is a way of being good in a non traditional sense. Im no pro player to be sure havent been "Good" since my late H2 early H3 days but I can always be an asset in some sense if my team understand how to utilize my actions, lack of team speak now days makes it a little harder but experienced players regardless of skill level should be able to figure it out.
Modod wrote:
I've noticed my game falls into 2 categories or it does these days at least. Anyway I'm either carrying the team for the first half of the game and then becoming the biggest liability of us all. Or the reverse where I let everyone down before having a major come back in the second half. But to hell with it. It is a game after all and you can't put a price on a strong opening or good last HOOOOORAAAH.
This is me too
Can't put a price on resiliance, Dedication is an admirable trait spartan
I honestly think that sometimes, people lose sight of what halo, or any video game for that matter is intended for; to have fun. A lot of people tend to get caught up in stuff like their overall stats and just giving inexperienced players a bad time about their lack of skill. It's not their fault, they just don't play in their mom's basements all day (no offense to anyone who has a commitment to halo). Some people just choose to play recreationally, because they cant invest that much time into the game because of school, etc. no halo player should feel stressed because their K/D isn't a whole number. a game is where a person can be relaxed and do what they like. People with more skill need to realize that not everyone is TheLegend27 and get over it.
I want to be champ in doubles
I get to play with silvers ever day. They're called Smurfs. Help me bunji.
We are legends
I am really good with the sniper.
Also with the shotgun.
I see a lot of smurfs on the battlefield. It's not something to be gloating and boasting about, if you are a smurf, thank you for driving away Halo's population. It will be you who ultimately won't benefit from your wrongdoing.
Except you CAN help people with those smurf accounts by giving them tips and tricks, and you can use them to play customs, which have NO EFFECT on playlists. Not all smurf users are griefers. Save that halo population crap for the farmers and people who are using them DESTRUCTIVELY. Smurf accounts aren't a basis of "one bad apple ruins the bunch"

(No, I'm not saying smurfing is justified, but rather, they can be used in a positive manner as well, or even to hide your main identity for customs/forge.)
Ranks are incredibly broken. Games are always one sided and those few that are close only occur when one team is getting carried by one player. Awhile ago I solo queued in Team Arena as an Onyx 1620, one of my teammates was a Diamond 4, the other a Diamond 5, and the last was unranked. And we managed to maul the two Onyxs, Champ 180 and Diamond 6 the game decided was fair to match us with. Look at my screenshots if you dont believe me. What is even more funny is that I placed at the bottom of my team lmao. Ranks are just upsetting these days.
I see a lot of smurfs on the battlefield. It's not something to be gloating and boasting about, if you are a smurf, thank you for driving away Halo's population. It will be you who ultimately won't benefit from your wrongdoing.
Except you CAN help people with those smurf accounts by giving them tips and tricks, and you can use them to play customs, which have NO EFFECT on playlists. Not all smurf users are griefers. Save that halo population crap for the farmers and people who are using them DESTRUCTIVELY. Smurf accounts aren't a basis of "one bad apple ruins the bunch"

(No, I'm not saying smurfing is justified, but rather, they can be used in a positive manner as well, or even to hide your main identity for customs/forge.)
Wrong. All smurfs distort the way the ranking system works. People who legitimately smurf will throw the first 10+ games away to get an awful rank because the game will think you're an absolutely dreadful player. Then when they're ranked in the Bronze or Silver ranking with people who are legitimately of that skill set, they turn up the heat and absolutely demolish them and there's nothing stopping them since it would take them so long to rank up even to the platinum rankings. That means bronze/silver/gold players are getting matched up with people who are actually high Diamond, Onyx, and Champion ranks which ruins the way the ranking system works for everyone else. Nobody cares about smurfs in custom games or forge or anything like that, this is about matchmaking and smurfing is destructive regardless of whether or not they actively grief teammates.
this is quite a far away from the topic but why do people put HCS after their name? doesn't that mean Halo Championship Series?
PapaLubie wrote:
this is quite a far away from the topic but why do people put HCS after their name? doesn't that mean Halo Championship Series?
Because everyone is a Halo Champion in their own way. That was too easy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12