OP Chipmmunk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
TOP SELLING NOVEL COMING THROUGH

As many of us know a majority of the Halo community is disgruntled by Halo 5 due to various reasons. However there is also a large amount of people that still defend this game and its developers to the very end and my question to that group of people is simply........why? Why do you guys still stand up for 343 after all they have done to us, after everything they lied about, after everything they promised, after every screw up starting from Halo 4 just .........why?

Lets go to the way back machine to 2012 when halo 4 and 343 was supposed to prove their heir to the massive throne that Bungie had left behind. And what did 343 do to "prove" themselves? They said -Yoink- it. They changed so many things about Halo that no one EVER asked for. Why? Well to attract new players of course, That alone shows how unprepared and selfish this new company is. Name one good thing from Halo 4 (besides the weapons) that has stuck into H5, anything come to mind? Of course not because 343 realized they dun goofed and they realized that there was no need for drastic change.(I mean come was there really anybody begging for "kill streaks" and sprint). Ok, but that was just a "project" they stated. Everything was gonna get better and 343 had learned from their mistake.........or so we hoped.

Now we go back 2 years and the launch of the BEHEMOTH (as I liked to call it) was supposed to fix all wrong doings that 343 committed with H4. TMCC was supposed to stick with xbox for years, it was supposed to be THE title that everyone was waiting for, the one that no one asked for but all of a sudden everyone needed. It was supposed to skyrocket Xbox to the top of the console war while the PS played catch up. And what did it do?............. Well, It did fly, although it immediately came back down, blew up and killed almost everybody aboard. (I here there are still some survivors left ). The MCC the savior of Xbox.........had died? We all wondered how it had happened, how did this holy grail trip over itself and fall flat on its face? You guessed it............the illuminati......errmm I mean 343 caused it. Again 343 proved that they were incapable of carrying a task. And for those of you who try and even defend this pathetic excuse of a game just stop. No one asked for the MCC we all just wanted a simple Halo 2A, not the ugly and sad abomination currently roaming the internet. 343 stated in their updates that it was very difficult to have all game engines running at once........well who's fault is that? Again no one asked for this game, why do you guys have to go out there and try to prove yourself by taking on such a massive task that would take 5 years to complete. There is no one to blame but 343 and their incompetence and/or laziness to create a fully working product.

Now, its 2015 and everyone has picked up H5 expecting to forget about the horrible war that shall never be mentioned again ( I still see many PTSD victims from the unholy war). We are all expecting an amazing campaign experience with hardships, excitement and storytelling, due to 343 hyping the hell out of the story from Hunt The Truth, to interviews with the developers. And what do we get, a boring, bare-bones, story with little to no drama. (The most interesting part of the story was listening to a grunts life story)
I mean almost everyone disliked the story and for those 5% of people who did like it congrats, you got more for your money than the other 95% of the Halo fanbase.

Alright so the campaign isnt that good, maybe I'll go and play some forge and see what can be done with the new technology available with the xbo...........wait what do you mean forge isnt available? Why is that the case, who's good idea was that? Hmmmm thats strange let me go play some arena......wait why is there only like five playlists? And where the hell is infection?! Ehh alright I'll go and play some team arena I guess. *3hrs later* Ok I think the game is glitched why is do I only get the same 3 gametypes in team arena (Slayer, Strongholds, and CTF) even though KoTH, Assault, and Oddball are still in the game........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THEIR NOT IN THE GAME!? Ok, something is seriously wrong let me relax for a bit by trying out this new ("social") gametype that 343 has been hyping up for eternity.(Warzone). Ok why am I just being spawn killed is that the whole gametype? Why arent they destroying the core, theyre literally in our base, I thought that was the objective? Why cant I spawn with better weapons, why are my teammates so bad, why is the enemy team full of -Yoinks!-, where am I? (I think you guys get the point)

Its been half a year since the initial launch and we are still begging for more game types, a social playlist, more maps, more everything. And keep in mind we're not asking for the next biggest and most amazing Halo experience know in the living universe. NO, that is not the case we're begging, pleading, demanding for basic and seemingly simple things to be added. Like seriously who ever though that we would need to ask for color options, or post game carnage reports. How is this acceptable in any way, shape, fashion, or form?! It's not damn it! And the fact that people still defend 343 is baffling.

Yeah not everything about H5 is bad in fact there are a lot of good things added (or brought back). I love the fact that there are official Spartan Companies now, I hate the fact that these companies take pleasure in spawn killing. I love the idea of Warzone, I hate how poorly it was planned out, I love that 343 is adding in new features every month, I DESPISE that some of these features should've been in hear from the start.

Halo 6 will either be the the hump that broke the camels back or it will be a sign of hope for all fans of the series that good change is abroad. And it all starts with us. We are the ones that decide the future of the game and if people dont complain then nothing will change. We need to let 343 and Microsoft know that we are tired of the abuse. If everyone keeps quiet then the history will repeat itself.

Plz dont ban my post moderators :,(
Just took the words right out of my mouth!
Also the UI system is a mess, forgot to mention that.
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
343 is like a bi polar child..oh im so happy i have casual everything everyone have fun and relax and YOULL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Warfuntime wrote:
343 is like a bi polar child..oh im so happy i have casual everything everyone have fun and relax and YOULL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!
Honestly that is a good representation of them now that I think of it. lol
Agreed, except the buffed automatics are good for the game... If you're dying from mid-range from auto's you're doing something wrong.

The weapon balance is fantastic in H5. Every weapon is effective and has a fighting chance against anything, within their intended ranges.
Warfuntime wrote:
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
Agreed, except the buffed automatics are good for the game... If you're dying from mid-range from auto's you're doing something wrong.

The weapon balance is fantastic in H5. Every weapon is effective and has a fighting chance against anything, within their intended ranges.
if your dying from mid range with automatics its because automatics have too much range.....i guess you never heard of a utility weapon...not a proper one anyway
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
Warfuntime wrote:

if your dying from mid range with automatics its because automatics have too much range.....i guess you never heard of a utility weapon...not a proper one anyway
When you come across someone and you exchange a beat down and then get lit up by a milisecond of ar and die before you can get one precision headshot off with a magnum there is a problem. It justs needs maybe a 3-5% damage reduction. When you are one shot from a beat down it shouldnt mean you are absolute just because you are facing an automatic weapon.
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
or option B two people shoot eachother..one thrusts away..then another pops out...you thrust away...your teammate pops out...annnnnnddd...riiing arooound the rooosseyy...rinse...and repeat...its a joke
Warfuntime wrote:

When you come across someone and you exchange a beat down and then get lit up by a milisecond of ar and die before you can get one precision headshot off with a magnum there is a problem. It justs needs maybe a 3-5% damage reduction. When you are one shot from a beat down it shouldnt mean you are absolute just because you are facing an automatic weapon.
yeah...i agree...i think the AR wouldnt be as big of a problem if you just couldnt zoom in with it...or more specifically if the accuracy wasnt as increased when zooming in....but because the maps in halo 5 tend to be so small...half the map is within effective AR range alot of the time
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
or option B two people shoot eachother..one thrusts away..then another pops out...you thrust away...your teammate pops out...annnnnnddd...riiing arooound the rooosseyy...rinse...and repeat...its a joke
and your point is? This happened all the time in every halo even without thrust. Players bobbed between cover and retreated when they needed, then a teammate replaced them. The nades have enough AOE that its extremely easy to counter that thrust when they are weak, like ridiculously easy.
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
This. You have to know how to choose your battles. Even though someone uses a thruster it does not mean they are immune to grenades or your other teammates getting an angle. You don't win games hiding behind corners waiting for your shields to recharge. Just make sure you are landing as many shots possible and it will give the other team less room for error.

Sprint, clamber, shoulder charge, smart link, and thruster pack can work against the other team. Clambering is slow and a well placed promethean grenade or a beat down can easily counter it. You cant get health back while sprinting and it takes longer for you to draw your gun. Spartan charge can be beat down or dodged and if they miss they are going to regret their play. Smart link is just an easy target. Thruster has a cool down, and most people dont even utilize the thrust properly. The majority of halo players do not have map awarness and will thruster into a position where they are still exposed.

Its all about how you play
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
and your point is? This happened all the time in every halo even without thrust. Players bobbed between cover and retreated when they needed, then a teammate replaced them. The nades have enough AOE that its extremely easy to counter that thrust when they are weak, like ridiculously easy.
yeah but is was never this common or exploited...its all you see is people shooting getting shot then just thrusting away to safety! in places they have no right to be able to do so...thruster pack makes any error in almost any situation extremely forgiving
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
This. You have to know how to choose your battles. Even though someone uses a thruster it does not mean they are immune to grenades or your other teammates getting an angle. You don't win games hiding behind corners waiting for your shields to recharge. Just make sure you are landing as many shots possible and it will give the other team less room for error.

Sprint, clamber, shoulder charge, smart link, and thruster pack can work against the other team. Clambering is slow and a well placed promethean grenade or a beat down can easily counter it. You cant get health back while sprinting and it takes longer for you to draw your gun. Spartan charge can be beat down or dodged and if they miss they are going to regret their play. Smart link is just an easy target. Thruster has a cool down, and most people dont even utilize the thrust properly. The majority of halo players do not have map awarness and will thruster into a position where they are still exposed.

lol...ok so...because there are SOME down sides to the abilities in SOME scenarios...therefore they are...somehow balanced? really? and by the way spartan charge is comically easy to hit people with and thruster pack....most people dont utilize it properly? most people use it to escape...almost any scenario...its a joke...you shouldnt have to add all of these situational counters to these stupid gimmicks...normal movement...so much to ask? hell even keep sprint so the babies dont cry whatever...but everything else...no reason to be there...all it serves to do is change the way the game functions and cause arguements like this on mass scale
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

lol...ok so...because there are SOME down sides to the abilities in SOME scenarios...therefore they are...somehow balanced? really? and by the way spartan charge is comically easy to hit people with and thruster pack....most people dont utilize it properly? most people use it to escape...almost any scenario...its a joke...you shouldnt have to add all of these situational counters to these stupid gimmicks...normal movement...so much to ask? hell even keep sprint so the babies dont cry whatever...but everything else...no reason to be there...all it serves to do is change the way the game functions and cause arguements like this on mass scale
I am not going to disagree with the spartan charge etc but you are going a touch OTT with the AR. If anything the Magnum needs buffing a touch. Also Yes spartan charge could do with being thrown out but thrusters are good it provides a nice element to gameplay. I have no issue with sprint being in or not but thrusters the way they are implemented now are perfect.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8