4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
I am not going to disagree with the spartan charge etc but you are going a touch OTT with the AR. If anything the Magnum needs buffing a touch. Also Yes spartan charge could do with being thrown out but thrusters are good it provides a nice element to gameplay. I have no issue with sprint being in or not but thrusters the way they are implemented now are perfect.
i agree with the pistol being buffed...i think it should have a slightly slower rate of fire and be a four shot kill....your entitled to your opinion but i think thruster pack is cancerous...if it need to be there then i think they could increase the time it takes to recharge..decrease thrust distance...tie it to the shields like sprint...and make it so you can only thrust foreward or back...not side to side...this would greatly decrease the thruster packs defensive abuse rate
You mean a majority of Waypoint users are disgruntled. Don't make the assumption that this forum ever equals a majority of anything. This (like any other game forum) makes up a small minority of the games playerbase. Forums like this are usually comprised of mostly complainers because those enjoying the game are usually mostly silent.

I'm sorry to all of you not having fun. I'm sorry your enjoyment is confined to such a narrow view of what this game should be. I for one, as a casual gamer, have mostly enjoyed this game immensely. I've spent more time in multiplayer in this game than any previous Halo. I wish the campaign had been better, but overall I'm very satisfied with this game.
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
I am not going to disagree with the spartan charge etc but you are going a touch OTT with the AR. If anything the Magnum needs buffing a touch. Also Yes spartan charge could do with being thrown out but thrusters are good it provides a nice element to gameplay. I have no issue with sprint being in or not but thrusters the way they are implemented now are perfect.
i agree with the pistol being buffed...i think it should have a slightly slower rate of fire and be a four shot kill....your entitled to your opinion but i think thruster pack is cancerous...if it need to be there then i think they could increase the time it takes to recharge..decrease thrust distance...tie it to the shields like sprint...and make it so you can only thrust foreward or back...not side to side...this would greatly decrease the thruster packs defensive abuse rate
I honestly have no problem with thrusters because the grenade spam in this game is utterly annoying even with thrusters in the game. Grenades have become cheap methods to get kills and I think the thruster somewhat helps with it. Although at times I find the thruster useless due to the fact that its such a small boost. In my opinion I think it needs a buff as there are times where it can be pretty useless even though its supposed to be used tactically And pistols DO NOT need a buff whatsoever they are already powerful as is due to the high amount of bullet magnetism and aim assist. No changes needed to it. Ar however could use a slight nerf, maybe a reduce in clip size..
Tazzman29 wrote:
You mean a majority of Waypoint users are disgruntled. Don't make the assumption that this forum ever equals a majority of anything. This (like any other game forum) makes up a small minority of the games playerbase. Forums like this are usually comprised of mostly complainers because those enjoying the game are usually mostly silent.

I'm sorry to all of you not having fun. I'm sorry your enjoyment is confined to such a narrow view of what this game should be. I for one, as a casual gamer, have mostly enjoyed this game immensely. I've spent more time in multiplayer in this game than any previous Halo. I wish the campaign had been better, but overall I'm very satisfied with this game.
Yes a majority of the actual fans are disgruntled. We are the ones that stick around even when new triple A titles pop up therefore we deserve a better experience. Changing the game for the sake of getting some random casuals money is not fair for the fans that have stuck around since the beginning. And although you might be a casual fan your still a passionate fan seeing as how you're on the forums, therefore i would think you would want a better experience also. Forums are only full of "complainers" when there are issues with the game, if there were no issues then there wouldn't be as much complaining. People don't go on these forums because they will most likely be gone by the time the next call of duty comes out, they don't know these even exist or they just dont simply care enough about the game to dedicate there time into these forums, which brings me back to my other point. Why spend your time trying to attract the ones who dont care rather than trying to retain your true fans while still maintaining a constant flow of new fans.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

Yes a majority of the actual fans are disgruntled. We are the ones that stick around even when new triple A titles pop up therefore we deserve a better experience. Changing the game for the sake of getting some random casuals money is not fair for the fans that have stuck around since the beginning. And although you might be a casual fan your still a passionate fan seeing as how you're on the forums, therefore i would think you would want a better experience also. Forums are only full of "complainers" when there are issues with the game, if there were no issues then there wouldn't be as much complaining. People don't go on these forums because they will most likely be gone by the time the next call of duty comes out, they don't know these even exist or they just dont simply care enough about the game to dedicate there time into these forums, which brings me back to my other point. Why spend your time trying to attract the ones who dont care rather than trying to retain your true fans while still maintaining a constant flow of new fans.
I don't need you or anyone else to speak for me. I thought I made it pretty clear that I am very much enjoying the experience that Halo 5 is providing. I'm a casual gamer, but a MASSIVE Halo fan. So don't confuse the two. Also don't assume that only true fans are here. I know many long time players of this game who have never been to Waypoint.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
I honestly have no problem with thrusters because the grenade spam in this game is utterly annoying even with thrusters in the game. Grenades have become cheap methods to get kills and I think the thruster somewhat helps with it. Although at times I find the thruster useless due to the fact that its such a small boost. In my opinion I think it needs a buff as there are times where it can be pretty useless even though its supposed to be used tactically And pistols DO NOT need a buff whatsoever they are already powerful as is due to the high amount of bullet magnetism and aim assist. No changes needed to it. Ar however could use a slight nerf, maybe a reduce in clip size..
the grenades are only so powerful because thruster pack is as powerful as it is...remove or nerf thruster pack and grenades dont have to be so strong..and the reason pistols need a buff is because they are apparently the new utility weapon but the problem is they dont function like a utility weapon
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

I don't need you or anyone else to speak for me. I thought I made it pretty clear that I am very much enjoying the experience that Halo 5 is providing. I'm a casual gamer, but a MASSIVE Halo fan. So don't confuse the two. Also don't assume that only true fans are here. I know many long time players of this game who have never been to Waypoint.
Alright I'll give you that not all true halo fans are on these forums (although they should be) however I'm sure many casuals have had problems with the game but again they just don't care enough seeing as how they'll be jumping ships in a month. I'm not trying to speak for you I just want you to understand that a majority of fans are not happy with the current state of Halo (and it seems youre not in the majority) and it's pretty obvious by looking through these forums, heck I tried to defend 343 for some time however enough is enough and there needs to be some change at some point. If 343 were to make a proper game then this game wouldn't have plummeted in population so quickly, more people would have been playing whether they were casual or hardcore, less people would've been complaining and more people would be having fun right now instead of wasting their time in the forums complaining about issues found within the game.
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
the grenades are only so powerful because thruster pack is as powerful as it is...remove or nerf thruster pack and grenades dont have to be so strong..and the reason pistols need a buff is because they are apparently the new utility weapon but the problem is they dont function like a utility weapon
Pistol is definitely a utility weapon I don't care what anyone says that thing is perfectly balanced at the moment. It can be used in close quarters, medium battles, and heck sometimes it can be useful in long ranges if the player is skilled enough. It needs no buff, if anything I would prefer a nerf because there are times where the pistol is just dominant over other weapons. Yeah its harder to use in closer quarters but if you land your shots while the enemy is using an AR you will win 110% of the time. And yes I understand grenades were buffed due to thrusters however they MASSIVELY over did it in my opinion. I actually hope thrust sticks with the game in future titles, however sprint, and clamber need to go (I guess Spartan Charge also since its tied with sprint)
I stopped when you said majority. I hate when people go out and make that claim, because there are plenty of support/praise threads all around here. Not to mention that the forums are only a minority of Halo 5 players in the first place.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

Alright I'll give you that not all true halo fans are on these forums (although they should be) however I'm sure many casuals have had problems with the game but again they just don't care enough seeing as how they'll be jumping ships in a month. I'm not trying to speak for you I just want you to understand that a majority of fans are not happy with the current state of Halo (and it seems youre not in the majority) and it's pretty obvious by looking through these forums, heck I tried to defend 343 for some time however enough is enough and there needs to be some change at some point. If 343 were to make a proper game then this game wouldn't have plummeted in population so quickly, more people would have been playing whether they were casual or hardcore, less people would've been complaining and more people would be having fun right now instead of wasting their time in the forums complaining about issues found within the game.
Again. You can't say a majority because you don't know.
KaneXX12 wrote:
I stopped when you said majority. I hate when people go out and make that claim, because there are plenty of support/praise threads all around here. Not to mention that the forums are only a minority of Halo 5 players in the first place.
Yes but a MAJORITY of the threads are hate. When the bad out weighs the the good then that is considered the majority. Also look at my comment above regarding us being the minority of players.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

Yes, I do know. You want some proof here ya go. Ok lets look at Halo 3 how long did that game have over 100,000 people playing it? I think it was until 2013 when the game started dying off (below 100K), that game was loved by the majority seeing as how they stuck around even when the new games came out over the years. Halo Reach survived well into Halo 4's life span which again means it was liked by a majority of people. Halo 4 is when things started getting a bit iffy. Halo 5 died off pretty quickly seeing as how its not even in the top ten most played xbox games and it hasnt been for a few months. Battlefield 4 was in the top 10 and If I remember correctly it had just over 100,000 people playing it a few months ago. SO what does that mean you might ask? Well that means that this game was NOT liked by the majority of people who picked up the game seeing as how they dropped as quickly as they picked up. Hell even a game that wasnt even functional for a LONG time overtook Halo 5 population count That alone is a big statement that something is wrong.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Pistol is definitely a utility weapon I don't care what anyone says that thing is perfectly balanced at the moment. It can be used in close quarters, medium battles, and heck sometimes it can be useful in long ranges if the player is skilled enough. It needs no buff, if anything I would prefer a nerf because there are times where the pistol is just dominant over other weapons. Yeah its harder to use in closer quarters but if you land your shots while the enemy is using an AR you will win 110% of the time. And yes I understand grenades were buffed due to thrusters however they MASSIVELY over did it in my opinion. I actually hope thrust sticks with the game in future titles, however sprint, and clamber need to go (I guess Spartan Charge also since its tied with sprint)
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
let me rephrase its a bad utility weapon...it barely serves its purpose...and no it is not dominant over other weapons...i dont get the logic there...and i stand by my statement that thruster pack is a cancer that is unbelievably abused...everyone is entitled to there opinons...you know mine i know yours...we are just gonna start going in circles
Let's Make Halo Great Again Folks!
Let's Make Halo Great Again Folks!
I'm running for Halo 6 presidential candidate vote for me and I'll make Halo great again!
such a rant. I think this game is great.
Dudes and Dude-ets, why do you hate 343i and Halo 5 so much? I don't get why you people hate it so much. Even so, since the launch all I hear is, "343i SUCKS! 343i IS BRINGING HALO DOWN TO THE DIRT! HALO 5 IS THE WORST!" Just shut up!!!! We understand that you hate 343i so why bother saying it again and agin? It's like a little kid saying he/she wants candy but you, the parent, say no. The kid says the same thing over and over. Just stop! IT'S ANNOYING!
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
let me rephrase its a bad utility weapon...it barely serves its purpose...and no it is not dominant over other weapons...i dont get the logic there...and i stand by my statement that thruster pack is a cancer that is unbelievably abused...everyone is entitled to there opinons...you know mine i know yours...we are just gonna start going in circles
Alright I understand I understand you opinion on thrusters however for the pistol I honestly have no clue. All I'm saying is try playing a custom game where the pistol(or any precision weapon) isnt the starting weapon and then you'll see how much you'll be missing that pistol.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

Yes, I do know. You want some proof here ya go. Ok lets look at Halo 3 how long did that game have over 100,000 people playing it? I think it was until 2013 when the game started dying off (below 100K), that game was loved by the majority seeing as how they stuck around even when the new games came out over the years. Halo Reach survived well into Halo 4's life span which again means it was liked by a majority of people. Halo 4 is when things started getting a bit iffy. Halo 5 died off pretty quickly seeing as how its not even in the top ten most played xbox games and it hasnt been for a few months. Battlefield 4 was in the top 10 and If I remember correctly it had just over 100,000 people playing it a few months ago. SO what does that mean you might ask? Well that means that this game was NOT liked by the majority of people who picked up the game seeing as how they dropped as quickly as they picked up. Hell even a game that wasnt even functional for a LONG time overtook Halo 5 population count That alone is a big statement that something is wrong.
You also can't comment or compare population numbers. You assume they are low due to the most played on Xbox numbers. But you honestly have no clue how many people are playing. So again you are touting your assumptions of numbers as facts when they aren't.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8