1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
WHERE IS TEAM SNIPERS I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO WOULD PLAY JUST FOR THAT??
Dudes and Dude-ets, why do you hate 343i and Halo 5 so much? I don't get why you people hate it so much. Even so, since the launch all I hear is, "343i SUCKS! 343i IS BRINGING HALO DOWN TO THE DIRT! HALO 5 IS THE WORST!" Just shut up!!!! We understand that you hate 343i so why bother saying it again and agin? It's like a little kid saying he/she wants candy but you, the parent, say no. The kid says the same thing over and over. Just stop! IT'S ANNOYING!
This is entirely more than a hate post if you read it then you would understand. Also did you ever think that maybe there is a reason people are complaining? Not everything is rainbows and unicorns. If no one were to complain then nothing would change, that is how democracy works. We are the consumers and if we dont like the product then they dont make any money and they eventually change whatever the issue was. We as the consumer decide who's in charge of producing the product however if no one complains then nothing will ever change.
I just want a decent story campaign. Halo 5 story sucks really really bad. Hunt the truth is a big lie. "biggest hunt in gaming history" what a joke.
What they did to Cortana is just an abomination. I would like to know what bungie thinks of the new storyline.
about multiplayer I don't think they did such a bad job since I have a lot of fun playing it.
I just want a decent story campaign. Halo 5 story sucks really really bad. Hunt the truth is a big lie. "biggest hunt in gaming history" what a joke.
What they did to Cortana is just an abomination. I would like to know what bungie thinks of the new storyline.
about multiplayer I don't think they did such a bad job since I have a lot of fun playing it.
You think Bungie cares? I doubt there is anyone left at Bungie who even worked on Halo.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
Pistol is definitely a utility weapon I don't care what anyone says that thing is perfectly balanced at the moment. It can be used in close quarters, medium battles, and heck sometimes it can be useful in long ranges if the player is skilled enough. It needs no buff, if anything I would prefer a nerf because there are times where the pistol is just dominant over other weapons. Yeah its harder to use in closer quarters but if you land your shots while the enemy is using an AR you will win 110% of the time. And yes I understand grenades were buffed due to thrusters however they MASSIVELY over did it in my opinion. I actually hope thrust sticks with the game in future titles, however sprint, and clamber need to go (I guess Spartan Charge also since its tied with sprint)
Alright I understand I understand you opinion on thrusters however for the pistol I honestly have no clue. All I'm saying is try playing a custom game where the pistol(or any precision weapon) isnt the starting weapon and then you'll see how much you'll be missing that pistol.
i dont hate the pistol...i prefer it over everything else...except the BR...i will make love with the BR until the day i die...i just think it should be able to counter the automatics just a tad bit better...maybe its just me but the headshot registration with the pistol seems a bit off
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
You mean a majority of Waypoint users are disgruntled. Don't make the assumption that this forum ever equals a majority of anything. This (like any other game forum) makes up a small minority of the games playerbase. Forums like this are usually comprised of mostly complainers because those enjoying the game are usually mostly silent.

I'm sorry to all of you not having fun. I'm sorry your enjoyment is confined to such a narrow view of what this game should be. I for one, as a casual gamer, have mostly enjoyed this game immensely. I've spent more time in multiplayer in this game than any previous Halo. I wish the campaign had been better, but overall I'm very satisfied with this game.
Yes a majority of the actual fans are disgruntled. We are the ones that stick around even when new triple A titles pop up therefore we deserve a better experience. Changing the game for the sake of getting some random casuals money is not fair for the fans that have stuck around since the beginning. And although you might be a casual fan your still a passionate fan seeing as how you're on the forums, therefore i would think you would want a better experience also. Forums are only full of "complainers" when there are issues with the game, if there were no issues then there wouldn't be as much complaining. People don't go on these forums because they will most likely be gone by the time the next call of duty comes out, they don't know these even exist or they just dont simply care enough about the game to dedicate there time into these forums, which brings me back to my other point. Why spend your time trying to attract the ones who dont care rather than trying to retain your true fans while still maintaining a constant flow of new fans.
I don't need you or anyone else to speak for me. I thought I made it pretty clear that I am very much enjoying the experience that Halo 5 is providing. I'm a casual gamer, but a MASSIVE Halo fan. So don't confuse the two. Also don't assume that only true fans are here. I know many long time players of this game who have never been to Waypoint.
Alright I'll give you that not all true halo fans are on these forums (although they should be) however I'm sure many casuals have had problems with the game but again they just don't care enough seeing as how they'll be jumping ships in a month. I'm not trying to speak for you I just want you to understand that a majority of fans are not happy with the current state of Halo (and it seems youre not in the majority) and it's pretty obvious by looking through these forums, heck I tried to defend 343 for some time however enough is enough and there needs to be some change at some point. If 343 were to make a proper game then this game wouldn't have plummeted in population so quickly, more people would have been playing whether they were casual or hardcore, less people would've been complaining and more people would be having fun right now instead of wasting their time in the forums complaining about issues found within the game.
Again. You can't say a majority because you don't know.
Yes, I do know. You want some proof here ya go. Ok lets look at Halo 3 how long did that game have over 100,000 people playing it? I think it was until 2013 when the game started dying off (below 100K), that game was loved by the majority seeing as how they stuck around even when the new games came out over the years. Halo Reach survived well into Halo 4's life span which again means it was liked by a majority of people. Halo 4 is when things started getting a bit iffy. Halo 5 died off pretty quickly seeing as how its not even in the top ten most played xbox games and it hasnt been for a few months. Battlefield 4 was in the top 10 and If I remember correctly it had just over 100,000 people playing it a few months ago. SO what does that mean you might ask? Well that means that this game was NOT liked by the majority of people who picked up the game seeing as how they dropped as quickly as they picked up. Hell even a game that wasnt even functional for a LONG time overtook Halo 5 population count That alone is a big statement that something is wrong.
You also can't comment or compare population numbers. You assume they are low due to the most played on Xbox numbers. But you honestly have no clue how many people are playing. So again you are touting your assumptions of numbers as facts when they aren't.
I dont know exactly how many people are playing because 343 REMOVED THE POPULATION COUNTER FROM THE GAME. Doesn't that automatically give it away that this game is not doing so hot? Also I know that there are less than 100K people playing because as previously stated BF4 had just over 100K players on and it was 10th in the top 10 populated games for Xbox One list. Halo was no where to be found on the list because it only counts the top ten and on top of that this was a few months back that this happened. SO with all that, we know that a few months ago Halo 5 had less pop than BF4 and overtime the player count for a game decreases (in most cases) so by now that means that even less people are playing the game you guys think is so perfect. There is clearly a problem here and you guys are just turning your heads away as if it doesn't matter. This game is fun don't get me wrong thats why I still play it to this day but there are still tons of issues plaguing the game and acting like they dont exist isnt going to help the game in the long run,
Dudes and Dude-ets, why do you hate 343i and Halo 5 so much? I don't get why you people hate it so much. Even so, since the launch all I hear is, "343i SUCKS! 343i IS BRINGING HALO DOWN TO THE DIRT! HALO 5 IS THE WORST!" Just shut up!!!! We understand that you hate 343i so why bother saying it again and agin? It's like a little kid saying he/she wants candy but you, the parent, say no. The kid says the same thing over and over. Just stop! IT'S ANNOYING!
ill tell you why...because 343...does not have the capacity to understand proper logic and reasoning....they are essentially children...imagine you have a young child attempting to built a race track...or train set of some sort...or whatever...you know how they are supposed to be built..how they have always been built...but this child tries building it by him or herself...they arent going to get it right...you have to show them...teach them...because they are children...however...this child is much bigger and stronger then you...so even if this child can understand you...big baby...gonna do what big baby want...and big baby 343...has an agenda that alot of people dont like...much more so then normal..peopleare always gonna disagree obviously....but not like like this man...not like this
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
The only thing that is correct in your post is the lack of playlists and ranking systems. The automatic weapons are fine if you have any skill. And I just went back and played Reach earlier today, it's much better
Halo 5 was very misleading.
Don't get me wrong, it has it's good parts. The Forge is beautiful in this game. But if they seriously take out things we love and limit us by so much just to have future content for DLC and keep the game alive then they're doing something wrong. That's how it looks to me atleast, I don't know for sure. But I don't think it's fair to take out so many things. Infection for example, we waited so long for that and I expected it to have huge improvements. What do we get? A green Sword..
I mean of course the gametype needs testing with all the new Spartan abilities and the Weapon damadge and so on.
But I'm sure they had more than enough time to do that.
Halo 6 was longer in development than Halo 5 so.. I do have hope left.
why did I come here so much negativity in one place........ But you know if you don't like it why bother playing it just trade in your games or smash them with a hammer and move on why waste the time complaining about it sorry some of us enjoy the games just like the previous halos sorry you sit there and nit pick about every single thing because it isn't set to your standards here is an idea goto college get a degree in coding and learn how to make your own games and go and try to work for this company that you despise and try to make halo the the way you want it since you act like it is so easy to do these things, I just don't see why people just sit here and bash 343i constantly on these forums like I have said time and time again if it wasn't for 343 we wouldn't have halo right now we all knew they had big shoes to fill and for the mcc 343i wasn't the only developers working on that game so it's not all on them but everyone here blames them anyway and with the past two story's sorry if they are too complex for some, if you actually would dig deeper into the halo universe instead of what plays on a screen in front of you, you like pick up a book and read something or even listen to an audio version of the books maybe things wouldn't be so difficult to comprehend sorry bungi didn't do well with story telling we seen that with that game everyone here speaks so highly of called Reach yea they kinda yoinked the story on that one they didn't follow the cannon too well but that's fine most swept that under the rug but alot of people forgot about that or just didn't care since bungi was moving on from the series and left it to Microsoft how come no one is blaming bungi anymore he'll they are the ones who just up and quit on us when we all knew the story couldn't be over with chief just sitting in the damb tube with Cortana watching over him ahh screw it like I said bot like any of this complaining matters on here my rant is done this was a waste of my time
Halo 5 has issues just like any game does, but it's leaps and bounds better than Halo Reach and Halo 4.
Thank you for making this post. Maybe it will remind people of the -Yoink- 343 did.
why did I come here so much negativity in one place........ But you know if you don't like it why bother playing it just trade in your games or smash them with a hammer and move on why waste the time complaining about it sorry some of us enjoy the games just like the previous halos sorry you sit there and nit pick about every single thing because it isn't set to your standards here is an idea goto college get a degree in coding and learn how to make your own games and go and try to work for this company that you despise and try to make halo the the way you want it since you act like it is so easy to do these things, I just don't see why people just sit here and bash 343i constantly on these forums like I have said time and time again if it wasn't for 343 we wouldn't have halo right now we all knew they had big shoes to fill and for the mcc 343i wasn't the only developers working on that game so it's not all on them but everyone here blames them anyway and with the past two story's sorry if they are too complex for some, if you actually would dig deeper into the halo universe instead of what plays on a screen in front of you, you like pick up a book and read something or even listen to an audio version of the books maybe things wouldn't be so difficult to comprehend sorry bungi didn't do well with story telling we seen that with that game everyone here speaks so highly of called Reach yea they kinda yoinked the story on that one they didn't follow the cannon too well but that's fine most swept that under the rug but alot of people forgot about that or just didn't care since bungi was moving on from the series and left it to Microsoft how come no one is blaming bungi anymore he'll they are the ones who just up and quit on us when we all knew the story couldn't be over with chief just sitting in the damb tube with Cortana watching over him ahh screw it like I said bot like any of this complaining matters on here my rant is done this was a waste of my time
rant? you just regurgitated a bunch of one liner arguements everyones already heard
Because it's about the Future and not the Past. Bungie days are over there is no need to bash them for their past Mistakes. 343i took over the Universe and the community guides them to help them shape the game that we want. They listen to the loud voices in the community, and we want our future Halo games to be good. If you don't open your mouth and voice your opinion nothing will change.
"You just don't get it man."
The extended lore doesn't really explain why Cortana did a WWE-style Heel Turn.

"Make your own game."
You don't have to be a director to be a film critic.

"Game development is hard."
Yeah, but listening to your fans and/or having the slightest idea about Halo's defining characteristics isn't hard at all.

"You guys praise Reach and let Bungie get away with murder."
Lmao, no, I don't. Not even in the slightest. Where the -Yoink- is that even coming from?

"WHY AREN'T U BASHING BUNGIE, THEY LEFT US".
Because they aren't obligated to make us games for all eternity, and because they already left behind a great legacy of games anyways?
Because they aren't the ones currently screwing up (as far as Halo is concerned)?
Why does no one understand that we complain for the game because WE WANT IT TO BE BETTER.(Its called tough love) I don't want to go and play some basic FPS I want to play Halo, and as I have stated MULTIPLE times I like this game, HOWEVER it was still a major let down because as the past has shown it COULD'VE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER. Why is that you guys defend 343 after all the screw ups they have done? They are incompetent in what they are doing and they have clearly shown that. If you think begging for BASIC FEATURES that have been in every halo game since H2 is nitpicking then you need to look at the definition of nitpicking. I am not complaining because the railgun is op(which it kinda is) im complaining for CORE features that should've been present from the start.

Also why should I ever need to dig deeper into the books to know what the hell is going on in the campaign that is a horrible tactic. Thats like if I needed to read the books to find out whats happening in a new season of Game of Thrones, you just dont skip major plot points by shoving them into a book or audiolog, thats boring, lazy and just plain dumb.

And yes Halo Reach didnt have the best story however that game was also heavily criticized for its story and it also wasnt part of the main series taking place so I dont think many people were to disturbed by it.

Bungie stated multiple times that Halo 3 was gonna be there last Halo regarding the Master Chief Saga and that legendary ending was a perfect end to a saga. However (luckily) Microsoft decided that they could produce games without Bungie at the helm and they put 343 in charge, and yes although I have had fun with the games they have produced these are no where near as great as their Bungie counter parts, not once have I ever had this many issues with one game And not once have I seen so many people displeased by a studio.

Also no I dont act like it's easy to do things for me, however for someone who has studied coding, game design, animation etc in college, then yes it should be easy for them. I understand it takes time to master your craft but I'm assuming these guys at 343 have worked on multiple projects in the past because I'm sure Microsoft wouldnt put a bunch of people who are barely starting out to create their console seller.

343 has no excuses whatsoever they are highly trained professionals with improved hardware, and software to work with. However they give us less content than a game that came out 10 years ago. Stop cutting them slack because they deserve none.
Halo 5 has issues just like any game does, but it's leaps and bounds better than Halo Reach and Halo 4.
Halo 5 also has leaps and bounds of issues compared to other games. Also Halo Reach > Halo 5, although that is debate that can last a century.
This isn't news. There have been tons of posts saying the exact same stuff; many of them with much better execution. I agree with many of the points made, but these kinds of posts are tired. Instead of just talking about what 343i did wrong, post your own ideas of what they could do better for the next game. Examples:
"Hey, 343i, take extra time during development to make sure Halo 6 launches with plenty of content."
"Hey, 343i, try not to make a story that suddenly changes how we feel about beloved characters."
"Hey, 343i..." (you get the picture).
Because I'm playing HALO 5 right now and I haven't had this much fun on a HALO game since 3.
So I've been playing Halo since 3 and went back and played 1-2 and have been a fan ever since. I personally think this is the best multiplayer in a halo yet. I didn't play much of 2 online so I might have thought that was the best cause everyone I play with says it was awesome. I think halo 4 is underrated in both the campaign and multiplayer. I understand why people didn't like aspects of 4s multiplayer though but the campaign is one of my favorites. Also I remember when 3 came out and reach people were complaining and saying bungie is done they suck they betrayed us etc etc. now all I hear is how great reach and 3 were. I personally think a lot of the hate 4-5 get is related to the fanboy lemming mentality people get in regards to developers. All this being said I was very disappointed with the campaign in 5 and expect an improvement in 6 especially the fact that I want to play as chief not some monotone pop culture looking guy. If 343 is tired of master chief they should just finish his story and create a new hero. Overall I think 343 has done good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8