8. ...
  9. 8
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
This isn't news. There have been tons of posts saying the exact same stuff; many of them with much better execution. I agree with many of the points made, but these kinds of posts are tired. Instead of just talking about what 343i did wrong, post your own ideas of what they could do better for the next game. Examples:
"Hey, 343i, take extra time during development to make sure Halo 6 launches with plenty of content."
"Hey, 343i, try not to make a story that suddenly changes how we feel about beloved characters."
"Hey, 343i..." (you get the picture).
We must make them realize that they messed up! First comes the punishment then comes the solution and the punishment will only stop once 343 shows any sign of acknowledgement towards its fan base and community. Once we are acknowledged then we can provide solutions.
You can't expect to be aknowledged if you don't have any solutions for problems.
It's not as simple as black and white where you can say "This sucks 343 make it better" give some suggestion on how to do so.
Thats not completely true. I dont and many other fans arent just stating that "Halo 5 is trash". We state what specifically we don't like about the game and the developers job is to find a solution for the issue. Trying to come up with a solution is like trying to write an essay with 5 other people its chaotic and confusing. However it is a lot easier to state what is disliked because there are limitations to how many things can be disliked as to where there are an infinite amount of possible solutions. Ultimately we all have different Ideas on what a "solution" could be but the developer is the one that pulls the gun, they are the one who decides what goes into the game.
Ok so firstly how about you talk for yourself and not the community. Secondly this is about opinions and not what is "true" and "untrue". And no if you dislike something you obviously have a vision for it on how it should be, or how to change it. So that suggestion should be voiced. "Punishment"? 343 will get their punishment if they don't listen to the community, so no need to worry about that. What you need to worry about is what needs to change and most importantly how.
This right here. I've been a Halo vet since 2001 and I know what this series needs to be great again. Build upon the classic formula and improve it with new weapons, modes, maps, AI etc. while using the power of the current gen to take the next step.
You see that right there can be interpreted many ways, what is the "classic formula", and how will you use next gen to take the next step? What specifically would you want? Everyone wants something different or something that varies in one way or another and its not possible to have all these "solutions" to be active at the same time as one would off set the other. Yes providing solutions can help but again its ultimately the developers job to produce the final product, and I'll admit taking feedback will help tremendously however the developers need to cross the line on what should just be considered fan fiction and what should be implemented in the game.
Look at my topic called Let's Make Halo Great Again it's to long to paste
Its not that hard to paste :)
Quote:
I personally loved Halo 4. I don't have the nostalgia goggles on so I could enjoy it for what it was and I had a blast. You put too much faith in MCC on outpacing PS. Even if it was perfect, it wouldn't have caused Xbox to sell 10 million units to catch up. Sure matchmaking was poor at launch and they could have delayed it considering it was a technical nightmare to put together 5 multiplayer games from 3 console generation (including Halo 2 Anniversary) into one server. Still, there is a lot of things done right in it. The improved Halo 2 graphics and cutscenes were incredible. The maps were well designed. I can finally play all main Halo games in one disc.

As for Halo 5, my only main gripe is the story and too many Wardens. I enjoyed the campaign levels and still have fun. After playing all the multiplayer from previous Halos on MCC, I can say in my opinion Halo 5 is among the best. I personally enjoy this game.

Speak for yourself.
Well honestly I made that "MCC will help Xbox win the console war" as a sign that this game was hyped out of its mind, we all knew that wasnt gonna happen (most likely) however there was a MASSIVE AMOUNT of hype surrounding the game

And........again I have stated that I've liked every iteration of the Halo games however there have been a ton of let downs and they're getting pretty consistent since 343 took over.
does anyone else feel like they are living. in that town from "attack on titan" we have built up the walls to keep the fanboys out...but they stick their heads over the wall with a biiiig grin...yuumm
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
This isn't news. There have been tons of posts saying the exact same stuff; many of them with much better execution. I agree with many of the points made, but these kinds of posts are tired. Instead of just talking about what 343i did wrong, post your own ideas of what they could do better for the next game. Examples:
"Hey, 343i, take extra time during development to make sure Halo 6 launches with plenty of content."
"Hey, 343i, try not to make a story that suddenly changes how we feel about beloved characters."
We must make them realize that they messed up! First comes the punishment then comes the solution and the punishment will only stop once 343 shows any sign of acknowledgement towards its fan base and community. Once we are acknowledged then we can provide solutions.
You can't expect to be aknowledged if you don't have any solutions for problems.
It's not as simple as black and white where you can say "This sucks 343 make it better" give some suggestion on how to do so.
Thats not completely true. I dont and many other fans arent just stating that "Halo 5 is trash". We state what specifically we don't like about the game and the developers job is to find a solution for the issue. Trying to come up with a solution is like trying to write an essay with 5 other people its chaotic and confusing. However it is a lot easier to state what is disliked because there are limitations to how many things can be disliked as to where there are an infinite amount of possible solutions. Ultimately we all have different Ideas on what a "solution" could be but the developer is the one that pulls the gun, they are the one who decides what goes into the game.
Ok so firstly how about you talk for yourself and not the community. Secondly this is about opinions and not what is "true" and "untrue". And no if you dislike something you obviously have a vision for it on how it should be, or how to change it. So that suggestion should be voiced. "Punishment"? 343 will get their punishment if they don't listen to the community, so no need to worry about that. What you need to worry about is what needs to change and most importantly how.
This right here. I've been a Halo vet since 2001 and I know what this series needs to be great again. Build upon the classic formula and improve it with new weapons, modes, maps, AI etc. while using the power of the current gen to take the next step.
You see that right there can be interpreted many ways, what is the "classic formula", and how will you use next gen to take the next step? What specifically would you want? Everyone wants something different or something that varies in one way or another and its not possible to have all these "solutions" to be active at the same time as one would off set the other. Yes providing solutions can help but again its ultimately the developers job to produce the final product, and I'll admit taking feedback will help tremendously however the developers need to cross the line on what should just be considered fan fiction and what should be implemented in the game.
Also I made a similar topic regarding what you mentioned and I see we have some similar beliefs. For all of you guys that think I hate the series and want it to burn to the ground then just look at this post
Halo 4 was terrible aside from campaign in my opinion were as halo 5 multiplayer was the highlight for me and campaign its downfall. Like the direction it's going but the story line and missions need to have more depth and time length. As well as having more interactive things and a little more free roaming/mini openworldish features would be nice.
Warfuntime wrote:
does anyone else feel like they are living. in that town from "attack on titan" we have built up the walls to keep the fanboys out...but they stick their heads over the wall with a biiiig grin...yuumm
LOL that made me laugh just thinking about it. My eyes are watering :,D right now, thank you I needed a laugh after all this (mostly) negative response.
343 Industries should just take as much time as they need because they can't rush art.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
YAMl CHAN wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Its not that hard to paste :)
Lmao when your drunk at a high end club spending 1500 a bottle.
Chipmmunk wrote:
TOP SELLING NOVEL COMING THROUGH

As many of us know a majority of the Halo community is disgruntled by Halo 5 due to various reasons. However there is also a large amount of people that still defend this game and its developers to the very end and my question to that group of people is simply........why? Why do you guys still stand up for 343 after all they have done to us, after everything they lied about, after everything they promised, after every screw up starting from Halo 4 just .........why?

Lets go to the way back machine to 2012 when halo 4 and 343 was supposed to prove their heir to the massive throne that Bungie had left behind. And what did 343 do to "prove" themselves? They said -Yoink- it. They changed so many things about Halo that no one EVER asked for. Why? Well to attract new players of course, That alone shows how unprepared and selfish this new company is. Name one good thing from Halo 4 (besides the weapons) that has stuck into H5, anything come to mind? Of course not because 343 realized they dun goofed and they realized that there was no need for drastic change.(I mean come was there really anybody begging for "kill streaks" and sprint). Ok, but that was just a "project" they stated. Everything was gonna get better and 343 had learned from their mistake.........or so we hoped.

Now we go back 2 years and the launch of the BEHEMOTH (as I liked to call it) was supposed to fix all wrong doings that 343 committed with H4. TMCC was supposed to stick with xbox for years, it was supposed to be THE title that everyone was waiting for, the one that no one asked for but all of a sudden everyone needed. It was supposed to skyrocket Xbox to the top of the console war while the PS played catch up. And what did it do?............. Well, It did fly, although it immediately came back down, blew up and killed almost everybody aboard. (I here there are still some survivors left ). The MCC the savior of Xbox.........had died? We all wondered how it had happened, how did this holy grail trip over itself and fall flat on its face? You guessed it............the illuminati......errmm I mean 343 caused it. Again 343 proved that they were incapable of carrying a task. And for those of you who try and even defend this pathetic excuse of a game just stop. No one asked for the MCC we all just wanted a simple Halo 2A, not the ugly and sad abomination currently roaming the internet. 343 stated in their updates that it was very difficult to have all game engines running at once........well who's fault is that? Again no one asked for this game, why do you guys have to go out there and try to prove yourself by taking on such a massive task that would take 5 years to complete. There is no one to blame but 343 and their incompetence and/or laziness to create a fully working product.

Now, its 2015 and everyone has picked up H5 expecting to forget about the horrible war that shall never be mentioned again ( I still see many PTSD victims from the unholy war). We are all expecting an amazing campaign experience with hardships, excitement and storytelling, due to 343 hyping the hell out of the story from Hunt The Truth, to interviews with the developers. And what do we get, a boring, bare-bones, story with little to no drama. (The most interesting part of the story was listening to a grunts life story)
I mean almost everyone disliked the story and for those 5% of people who did like it congrats, you got more for your money than the other 95% of the Halo fanbase.

Alright so the campaign isnt that good, maybe I'll go and play some forge and see what can be done with the new technology available with the xbo...........wait what do you mean forge isnt available? Why is that the case, who's good idea was that? Hmmmm thats strange let me go play some arena......wait why is there only like five playlists? And where the hell is infection?! Ehh alright I'll go and play some team arena I guess. *3hrs later* Ok I think the game is glitched why is do I only get the same 3 gametypes in team arena (Slayer, Strongholds, and CTF) even though KoTH, Assault, and Oddball are still in the game........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THEIR NOT IN THE GAME!? Ok, something is seriously wrong let me relax for a bit by trying out this new ("social") gametype that 343 has been hyping up for eternity.(Warzone). Ok why am I just being spawn killed is that the whole gametype? Why arent they destroying the core, theyre literally in our base, I thought that was the objective? Why cant I spawn with better weapons, why are my teammates so bad, why is the enemy team full of -Yoinks!-, where am I? (I think you guys get the point)

Its been half a year since the initial launch and we are still begging for more game types, a social playlist, more maps, more everything. And keep in mind we're not asking for the next biggest and most amazing Halo experience know in the living universe. NO, that is not the case we're begging, pleading, demanding for basic and seemingly simple things to be added. Like seriously who ever though that we would need to ask for color options, or post game carnage reports. How is this acceptable in any way, shape, fashion, or form?! It's not damn it! And the fact that people still defend 343 is baffling.

Yeah not everything about H5 is bad in fact there are a lot of good things added (or brought back). I love the fact that there are official Spartan Companies now, I hate the fact that these companies take pleasure in spawn killing. I love the idea of Warzone, I hate how poorly it was planned out, I love that 343 is adding in new features every month, I DESPISE that some of these features should've been in hear from the start.

Halo 6 will either be the the hump that broke the camels back or it will be a sign of hope for all fans of the series that good change is abroad. And it all starts with us. We are the ones that decide the future of the game and if people dont complain then nothing will change. We need to let 343 and Microsoft know that we are tired of the abuse. If everyone keeps quiet then the history will repeat itself.

Plz dont ban my post moderators :,(
Great post.
This is pretty much spot on with my experience with 343i
Chipmmunk wrote:

If the mods wanted to ban your post asking them nicely not to wouldn't do a thing
Chipmmunk wrote:
If the mods wanted to ban your post asking them nicely not to wouldn't do a thing
It will make them feel guilty. (If they have any souls that is).

I <3 moderators they are super duper awesome. (I feel like they're watching, just act normal)

Seriously though dont :,(
I've always felt so frustrated because I thought I was one of the few that felt so hurt by what 343 was doing to a game I grew up with. This -Yoink- was my doom, or zelda, mario, etc... Halo 2 being my favorite and first game I was happy to hear about the anniversary and even more to hear that all the games were being melded into one game. I thought it was amazing!!! Until I played it... playing alone was fine, brought back great memories, but I have Xbox Live now. I tried to play with a friend but hours of trying we couldn't connect to each other. we couldn't even join the same lobby to play multiplayer. Uninstall the game... Shed a tear

Halo 5 being a thing... I was happy that Halo 4 didn't ruin everything enough to make it so Halo wasn't going to be a thing anymore. But I wasn't excited about the emotionless stone of a character, Locke. Plus I don't understand how blue team is still alive... since Master Chief was the "last spartan 2" Starting the game I had the theory that Master Chief being the last if suffering from a side effect of the Spartan 2 Program. A side effect that causes delusions and such, but alas... They're seemingly just zombies.

Lets say something about Cortana. I'm happy that she's not "dead" but disappointed that she's back. mainly because it's a -Yoink- escape goat to finding or making a new enemy to fight since the introduction of the new type of forerunner wasn't good enough, its all about the unseen betrayal that makes no sense to the story that 343 started in Halo 4. They made the point that Cortana was more human than the Chief. Seemingly pretty true to some degree (in 343's book) He seemed to care about his fellow soldiers in Halos 1-3. Lets just say he's lost his humanity in the time of war, for 343's sake, and he's forgotten. Cortana has her human speech in halo 4 tying the knot of the bow for the story but Halo 5 now has Cortana wanting to control every living thing and taking their free will, the least humane thing known to life. Halo 5's story is just a kick in the balls to someone who Idolized the morals of this game.

To say the least about the multiplayer though, they seem to just want to make it more addicting than fun. It's no longer "just one more game before bed" it's "one more req pack to reward myself for playing this game" Halo 3 did the whole unlock thing right, Halo Reach was a close second. I'm mainly addressing the reward system. It use to be rewarding to just play the game. Times have certainly changed...
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
just saying if your chasing players when its apparent they are baiting you with thruster or whatever, you deserve to die.
This. You have to know how to choose your battles. Even though someone uses a thruster it does not mean they are immune to grenades or your other teammates getting an angle. You don't win games hiding behind corners waiting for your shields to recharge. Just make sure you are landing as many shots possible and it will give the other team less room for error.

Sprint, clamber, shoulder charge, smart link, and thruster pack can work against the other team. Clambering is slow and a well placed promethean grenade or a beat down can easily counter it. You cant get health back while sprinting and it takes longer for you to draw your gun. Spartan charge can be beat down or dodged and if they miss they are going to regret their play. Smart link is just an easy target. Thruster has a cool down, and most people dont even utilize the thrust properly. The majority of halo players do not have map awarness and will thruster into a position where they are still exposed.

Its all about how you play
You forgot to end with Drop the Mic. I'm tired of all these disgruntled kids crying about Spartan abilities. Either adjust or get owned.
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
LOL that made me laugh just thinking about it. My eyes are watering :,D right now, thank you I needed a laugh after all this (mostly) negative response.
well your welcome!
I love Halo, I just started a youtube channel for my gameplay vids. If anyone wants to be on them hit me up! Maybe it will make your experience more enjoyable!

Can't wait for FireFight to come back
Tazzman29 wrote:
You mean a majority of Waypoint users are disgruntled. Don't make the assumption that this forum ever equals a majority of anything. This (like any other game forum) makes up a small minority of the games playerbase. Forums like this are usually comprised of mostly complainers because those enjoying the game are usually mostly silent.

I'm sorry to all of you not having fun. I'm sorry your enjoyment is confined to such a narrow view of what this game should be. I for one, as a casual gamer, have mostly enjoyed this game immensely. I've spent more time in multiplayer in this game than any previous Halo. I wish the campaign had been better, but overall I'm very satisfied with this game.
Completely agree the mass majority enjoy the game.
I've actually enjoyed Halo 5 and don't want to see it go back to the past. Sounds weird, right?
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
You mean a majority of Waypoint users are disgruntled. Don't make the assumption that this forum ever equals a majority of anything. This (like any other game forum) makes up a small minority of the games playerbase. Forums like this are usually comprised of mostly complainers because those enjoying the game are usually mostly silent.

I'm sorry to all of you not having fun. I'm sorry your enjoyment is confined to such a narrow view of what this game should be. I for one, as a casual gamer, have mostly enjoyed this game immensely. I've spent more time in multiplayer in this game than any previous Halo. I wish the campaign had been better, but overall I'm very satisfied with this game.
Yes a majority of the actual fans are disgruntled. We are the ones that stick around even when new triple A titles pop up therefore we deserve a better experience. Changing the game for the sake of getting some random casuals money is not fair for the fans that have stuck around since the beginning. And although you might be a casual fan your still a passionate fan seeing as how you're on the forums, therefore i would think you would want a better experience also. Forums are only full of "complainers" when there are issues with the game, if there were no issues then there wouldn't be as much complaining. People don't go on these forums because they will most likely be gone by the time the next call of duty comes out, they don't know these even exist or they just dont simply care enough about the game to dedicate there time into these forums, which brings me back to my other point. Why spend your time trying to attract the ones who dont care rather than trying to retain your true fans while still maintaining a constant flow of new fans.
I don't need you or anyone else to speak for me. I thought I made it pretty clear that I am very much enjoying the experience that Halo 5 is providing. I'm a casual gamer, but a MASSIVE Halo fan. So don't confuse the two. Also don't assume that only true fans are here. I know many long time players of this game who have never been to Waypoint.
Alright I'll give you that not all true halo fans are on these forums (although they should be) however I'm sure many casuals have had problems with the game but again they just don't care enough seeing as how they'll be jumping ships in a month. I'm not trying to speak for you I just want you to understand that a majority of fans are not happy with the current state of Halo (and it seems youre not in the majority) and it's pretty obvious by looking through these forums, heck I tried to defend 343 for some time however enough is enough and there needs to be some change at some point. If 343 were to make a proper game then this game wouldn't have plummeted in population so quickly, more people would have been playing whether they were casual or hardcore, less people would've been complaining and more people would be having fun right now instead of wasting their time in the forums complaining about issues found within the game.
The majority of the fans? Where are you getting your facts from? I play almost on an everyday basis and in my experience there's only been a handful of players that I have come across complaining about the Spartan abilities. The game mechanics from Spartan abilities to weapons balanced is solid. The only problem this game has is the story is a weak/mess and the game shipped barebones with gametypes and options. The game currently has enough content to keep everyone happy but it would had been a system seller with a better story and its current multiplayer content.
Dudes and Dude-ets, why do you hate 343i and Halo 5 so much? I don't get why you people hate it so much. Even so, since the launch all I hear is, "343i SUCKS! 343i IS BRINGING HALO DOWN TO THE DIRT! HALO 5 IS THE WORST!" Just shut up!!!! We understand that you hate 343i so why bother saying it again and agin? It's like a little kid saying he/she wants candy but you, the parent, say no. The kid says the same thing over and over. Just stop! IT'S ANNOYING!
That's how I feel when I see the praise for 343
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
You forgot to end with Drop the Mic. I'm tired of all these disgruntled kids crying about Spartan abilities. Either adjust or get owned.
adjust? are you kidding me...baby brats that wanted stupid gimmicks! but i guewss your all grown up now...idiot
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8