1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
All we can do is hope there are classic playlists in the next halo games because I seriously doubt at this point they will remove any of the things that people have been bothered by
It's refreshing to see this opinion shared and not drowned out by the legions of people defending 343i in these forums over the past few months. I want to know where the disconnect appeared, when did it turn into people "settling" for less in our Halo games? Personally, of all the FPS Halo's I've played, Halo 5 is the least enjoyable, but I can agree that 343i did a decent bit of good with Halo 5. The music was as good as ever, the audio was solid, the landscapes and worlds they built are still absolutely stunning, Forge is hands-down the best in the series and I can't praise it enough, but all that's not enough to make up for the game's shortcomings mentioned thousands of times already. As it stands now, Halo 5 is suffering from a severe lack of unique content and the content we are getting, is recycled, reworked, and remixed stuff with some shiny new glitter sprinkled on top to try and hide the fact that next to nothing is truly new.

Look, this is all coming from a die-hard fan of the series, Halo has been my jam since I first played it, I loved the gameplay, I loved the style, I loved the lore and universe, hell I still love the lore and universe, but you're breaking my heart 343i, it hurts me to see one of my favorite series take hits like Halo has.
Can't wait for the post to be deleted because of " spam ". Thanks moderators.
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
You forgot to end with Drop the Mic. I'm tired of all these disgruntled kids crying about Spartan abilities. Either adjust or get owned.
adjust? are you kidding me...baby brats that wanted stupid gimmicks! but i guewss your all grown up now...idiot
You call it gimmicks I call it an addition to the skill gap. Now shut up and Git Gud Idiot!
the UI is fine.Halo 5 needs more gamemodes which 343 is FULLY AWARE of and is capable of doing anytime.One of many reasons they may not be adding more/adding it at slower pace is because of the low population, I mean if they put in team doubles with slayer and objective variants,social slayer,warzone turbo,juggernaut as permanent playlist population could increase by any margin and halo could go to the top 20, top 10 most streamed game on twitch.Now its at top 30s
I think halo 5 is good, perfect no but good. Is any game perfect?
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
You forgot to end with Drop the Mic. I'm tired of all these disgruntled kids crying about Spartan abilities. Either adjust or get owned.
adjust? are you kidding me...baby brats that wanted stupid gimmicks! but i guewss your all grown up now...idiot
You call it gimmicks I call it an addition to the skill gap. Now shut up and Git Gud Idiot!
This. All the people complaining are not adjusting to the game. They need to Git gud. Once they start playing against champions who are less than 1% of the population and start winning then they can talk about what adjustments need to be made.

Just lol at crying about spartan abilities like thruster pack. Play a game of 50 high in h3 guardian and you are going to have someone bobbing in and out of blue room and s2/3 and someone bobbing in and out of gold window and tree. Its the same thing. Same with the pit or construct, everybody usually had an escape if they missed a shot, the only difference is the evade method added a few new dynamics to the gameplay.
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
no they are little get out jail free cards for little babies like you who for whatever reason suddenly think they were right all along because big daddy 343 started holding your hand
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
This. All the people complaining are not adjusting to the game. They need to Git gud. Once they start playing against champions who are less than 1% of the population and start winning then they can talk about what adjustments need to be made.

Just lol at crying about spartan abilities like thruster pack. Play a game of 50 high in h3 guardian and you are going to have someone bobbing in and out of blue room and s2/3 and someone bobbing in and out of gold window and tree. Its the same thing. Same with the pit or construct, everybody usually had an escape if they missed a shot, the only difference is the evade method added a few new dynamics to the gameplay.
oh my god...i mean...the fanboys...the idiots...im surrounded!! the idiots and fanboys have taken over...your sheep...thats exactly what im trying to say...you are brainwashed...sheep...the...evade...is the text book example..of a get out of jail free card...its just a means to escape...its become a play style in of itself...escapism...thats not the game i want to play...im happy your enjoying being spoon fed crap out of 343s -Yoink-.....enjoy it while it lasts...because people like you supporting this filth...are whats going to ultimately kill halo
and bad UI, armour customisation, and campaign.
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

oh my god...i mean...the fanboys...the idiots...im surrounded!! the idiots and fanboys have taken over...your sheep...thats exactly what im trying to say...you are brainwashed...sheep...the...evade...is the text book example..of a get out of jail free card...its just a means to escape...its become a play style in of itself...escapism...thats not the game i want to play...im happy your enjoying being spoon fed crap out of 343s -Yoink-.....enjoy it while it lasts...because people like you supporting this filth...are whats going to ultimately kill halo
escapism has always been a part of halo. Map breaking, hides, running or even ducking behind something when you are one shot. If you don't want people evading then you should just stick to octagon or 343 should just start building maps without any cover whatsoever. I can see it now "343 took out all of the cover in maps and now 3 people are ganging up on me in 1v1 battles on a 4v4 gametype"
and bad UI, armour customisation, and campaign.
Those are very petty issues. If anything they should have 10 sets of armor and maybe 2 or 3 sets reserved for top tier players so people will have something to work for. remind you of anything? Campaign really isnt an issue either. You will find people with 30+ days in multiplayer and maybe 22 hours logged in campaign. Would rather have them use their limited resources to have forge and playlists ready to go on launch without a campaign at all. Bad UI? I try not to spend my time in the menus, thats not what i bought the game for, im not going to stress over a small inconvenience that selecting an emblem would cause me.
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

escapism has always been a part of halo. Map breaking, hides, running or even ducking behind something when you are one shot. If you don't want people evading then you should just stick to octagon or 343 should just start building maps without any cover whatsoever. I can see it now "343 took out all of the cover in maps and now 3 people are ganging up on me in 1v1 battles on a 4v4 gametype"
being able to escape used to be a product of good map placement...now...it doesnt matter...almost anywhere you are...you can escape...and people abuse that to such an extent that it just makes the game feel cheap...its like..that guy was in a bad position...i had him dead to rights...but he just thrusted in some random direction...and got away...the sheer number of situations in which that happens is unacceptable
Chipmmunk wrote:
TOP SELLING NOVEL COMING THROUGH

As many of us know a majority of the Halo community is disgruntled by Halo 5 due to various reasons. However there is also a large amount of people that still defend this game and its developers to the very end and my question to that group of people is simply........why? Why do you guys still stand up for 343 after all they have done to us, after everything they lied about, after everything they promised, after every screw up starting from Halo 4 just .........why?

Lets go to the way back machine to 2012 when halo 4 and 343 was supposed to prove their heir to the massive throne that Bungie had left behind. And what did 343 do to "prove" themselves? They said -Yoink- it. They changed so many things about Halo that no one EVER asked for. Why? Well to attract new players of course, That alone shows how unprepared and selfish this new company is. Name one good thing from Halo 4 (besides the weapons) that has stuck into H5, anything come to mind? Of course not because 343 realized they dun goofed and they realized that there was no need for drastic change.(I mean come was there really anybody begging for "kill streaks" and sprint). Ok, but that was just a "project" they stated. Everything was gonna get better and 343 had learned from their mistake.........or so we hoped.

Now we go back 2 years and the launch of the BEHEMOTH (as I liked to call it) was supposed to fix all wrong doings that 343 committed with H4. TMCC was supposed to stick with xbox for years, it was supposed to be THE title that everyone was waiting for, the one that no one asked for but all of a sudden everyone needed. It was supposed to skyrocket Xbox to the top of the console war while the PS played catch up. And what did it do?............. Well, It did fly, although it immediately came back down, blew up and killed almost everybody aboard. (I here there are still some survivors left ). The MCC the savior of Xbox.........had died? We all wondered how it had happened, how did this holy grail trip over itself and fall flat on its face? You guessed it............the illuminati......errmm I mean 343 caused it. Again 343 proved that they were incapable of carrying a task. And for those of you who try and even defend this pathetic excuse of a game just stop. No one asked for the MCC we all just wanted a simple Halo 2A, not the ugly and sad abomination currently roaming the internet. 343 stated in their updates that it was very difficult to have all game engines running at once........well who's fault is that? Again no one asked for this game, why do you guys have to go out there and try to prove yourself by taking on such a massive task that would take 5 years to complete. There is no one to blame but 343 and their incompetence and/or laziness to create a fully working product.

Now, its 2015 and everyone has picked up H5 expecting to forget about the horrible war that shall never be mentioned again ( I still see many PTSD victims from the unholy war). We are all expecting an amazing campaign experience with hardships, excitement and storytelling, due to 343 hyping the hell out of the story from Hunt The Truth, to interviews with the developers. And what do we get, a boring, bare-bones, story with little to no drama. (The most interesting part of the story was listening to a grunts life story)
I mean almost everyone disliked the story and for those 5% of people who did like it congrats, you got more for your money than the other 95% of the Halo fanbase.

Alright so the campaign isnt that good, maybe I'll go and play some forge and see what can be done with the new technology available with the xbo...........wait what do you mean forge isnt available? Why is that the case, who's good idea was that? Hmmmm thats strange let me go play some arena......wait why is there only like five playlists? And where the hell is infection?! Ehh alright I'll go and play some team arena I guess. *3hrs later* Ok I think the game is glitched why is do I only get the same 3 gametypes in team arena (Slayer, Strongholds, and CTF) even though KoTH, Assault, and Oddball are still in the game........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THEIR NOT IN THE GAME!? Ok, something is seriously wrong let me relax for a bit by trying out this new ("social") gametype that 343 has been hyping up for eternity.(Warzone). Ok why am I just being spawn killed is that the whole gametype? Why arent they destroying the core, theyre literally in our base, I thought that was the objective? Why cant I spawn with better weapons, why are my teammates so bad, why is the enemy team full of -Yoinks!-, where am I? (I think you guys get the point)

Its been half a year since the initial launch and we are still begging for more game types, a social playlist, more maps, more everything. And keep in mind we're not asking for the next biggest and most amazing Halo experience know in the living universe. NO, that is not the case we're begging, pleading, demanding for basic and seemingly simple things to be added. Like seriously who ever though that we would need to ask for color options, or post game carnage reports. How is this acceptable in any way, shape, fashion, or form?! It's not damn it! And the fact that people still defend 343 is baffling.

Yeah not everything about H5 is bad in fact there are a lot of good things added (or brought back). I love the fact that there are official Spartan Companies now, I hate the fact that these companies take pleasure in spawn killing. I love the idea of Warzone, I hate how poorly it was planned out, I love that 343 is adding in new features every month, I DESPISE that some of these features should've been in hear from the start.

Halo 6 will either be the the hump that broke the camels back or it will be a sign of hope for all fans of the series that good change is abroad. And it all starts with us. We are the ones that decide the future of the game and if people dont complain then nothing will change. We need to let 343 and Microsoft know that we are tired of the abuse. If everyone keeps quiet then the history will repeat itself.

Plz dont ban my post moderators :,(
(The most interesting part of the story was listening to a grunts life story) Glorious. Just. GLORIOUS.
It's kind of funny to see all the people who hate on 343 have similar complaints throughout the forums, that are usually just either because they get outplayed in a certain way because of one of the Spartan Abilities, they don't get their "Easy-To-Splaser" Falcon, or that automatic weapons are becoming useful. Don't get me wrong, this game has its flaws, ie: the campaign (partially loved it, partially was disappointed, like awkward sex), grenade spamming, Achilles Farming, and lack of permanent social playlists, but that doesn't mean that 343 is doing this to mess with us.

I get that some "hardcore" Halo fans (people who played at least one of the classic halo games) don't like the innovations Halo has added to the gameplay, but it doesn't destroy the franchise, in fact, a lot of die hard Halo fans, myself included, actually enjoy the gameplay because it diversifies the different ways to play halo. It's not like how it was in the classic Halo where you were either a bullet sponge or a One Man Spartan Army, the balancing in this game is so good that you can actually be terrible, but still be useful to your team. With Warzone, you don't have to kill spartans/bosses, capture bases and destroy cores to be useful, (unless you just keep dying every 9 seconds, respawn is 8). If you're not good at capping bases, you could distract/kill enemy spartans trying to defend bases. You have shittish REQs so your attacks are weak on bosses? Kill enemies shooting the boss so your team can kill it, or kill enemies with good REQs and use them on the Boss or incoming enemy Spartans. Not good at attacking/hunting for kills? Just stay back and defend the base so your team can focus on capping bases or killing bosses.

In this new generation of Halo, you don't have to be a powerhouse to win, (though it does help) you can actually be decent and win games. I remember playing Halo 3 on the 360 and just getting mad because I'd always end up facing a team with a powerhouse sniper who was virtually untouchable. But now, with thrusters sprint and REQs, you have a fighting chance to minimize a powerplayer's usefulness.

Though there are a few things about Halo 5 i don't like (mainly Arena based) I think that it is overall a pretty solid game. I get that some people, (quite a bit), don't like the game and that's perfectly fine, I've seen almost the same thing growing up with Halo throughout the years, (nothing this bad since Reach), so I know there will be criticism about the newest Halo game, especially with Bungee abandoning it for a less successful idea. but there has never, nor will there ever be, a Halo game that could ultimately kill the series. This series is too big to fail, (movie reference), and there are too many people invested into the series to just bail just because a game did not live up to their standards, (considering that the bar for Halo is unrealistically high), instead, the community would rise up and prevent another screw up by providing necessary feedback, (especially considering how drastic the change from 4 to 5 was), just like the community has done thus far.

Though I may not agree with your opinion, I appreciate that you took the time out of your day to vividly and emotionally (mean this in a good way, not the 8 year-old that rage quits every match that starts 3-4) express your disappointment so that the feedback can help fix and balance the gameplay and mold future Halo titles in a way that satisfies both classic and new fans alike.

P.S.
We're not out of this yet, we can still *loses 348-1000* destroy the enemy core!
Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:

being able to escape used to be a product of good map placement...now...it doesnt matter...almost anywhere you are...you can escape...and people abuse that to such an extent that it just makes the game feel cheap...its like..that guy was in a bad position...i had him dead to rights...but he just thrusted in some random direction...and got away...the sheer number of situations in which that happens is unacceptable
Git Gud srs. I dont have this problem at all, in fact i have more of a problem with getting multiple hit markers on an only visible head when the person is one shot. People may be able to escape, but like I said its not going to treat them well. You don't win games by running every time you are one shot. It is still a product of map placement as well. Try playing some top tier breakout and you will learn quick that map placement is still a very real thing.
excellent post
just top notch
halo 4 was better than halo 5 in terms of content
gameplay no
sales yes
I pray they don't -Yoink- up halo 6
Chipmmunk wrote:
Also the UI system is a mess, forgot to mention that.
Yeah, it is
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8