Warfuntime wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Hav0k3 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
spartan charge and thruster pack almost break the game....but im glad you find it interesting
Really I thought Thruster added to skill gap, its my favorite out of all the "spartan abilities" they added. I really hate sprint as a game mechanic, I would go more in depth but I feel like that topic has been beaten down already.
everything wrong with sprint...thruster pack makes worse...thruster pack is the a text book example of a get out of jail free card...it promotes defensive bait and switch gameplay...and escapism tactics in general...and when added to sprint...and clamber for that matter( which is what the maps seem to be designed around) literally break maps...its disgusting...it can be used in a tactical way sure...but the amount of potential and utilized abuse with the thruster pack make it a game changing ( i would argue game breaking ) mechanic
You forgot to end with Drop the Mic. I'm tired of all these disgruntled kids crying about Spartan abilities. Either adjust or get owned.
adjust? are you kidding me...baby brats that wanted stupid gimmicks! but i guewss your all grown up now...idiot
You call it gimmicks I call it an addition to the skill gap. Now shut up and Git Gud Idiot!
This. All the people complaining are not adjusting to the game. They need to Git gud. Once they start playing against champions who are less than 1% of the population and start winning then they can talk about what adjustments need to be made.

Just lol at crying about spartan abilities like thruster pack. Play a game of 50 high in h3 guardian and you are going to have someone bobbing in and out of blue room and s2/3 and someone bobbing in and out of gold window and tree. Its the same thing. Same with the pit or construct, everybody usually had an escape if they missed a shot, the only difference is the evade method added a few new dynamics to the gameplay.
oh my god...i mean...the fanboys...the idiots...im surrounded!! the idiots and fanboys have taken over...your sheep...thats exactly what im trying to say...you are brainwashed...sheep...the...evade...is the text book example..of a get out of jail free card...its just a means to escape...its become a play style in of itself...escapism...thats not the game i want to play...im happy your enjoying being spoon fed crap out of 343s -Yoink-.....enjoy it while it lasts...because people like you supporting this filth...are whats going to ultimately kill halo
Git Gud srs. I dont have this problem at all, in fact i have more of a problem with getting multiple hit markers on an only visible head when the person is one shot. People may be able to escape, but like I said its not going to treat them well. You don't win games by running every time you are one shot. It is still a product of map placement as well. Try playing some top tier breakout and you will learn quick that map placement is still a very real thing.
lol..breakout...really? i didnt say map placement wasnt part of the game...essentially what im saying is halo 5 has turned into hey lets play like an overly defensive -Yoink-...and no...you win games by thrusting out of the way when you are one shot and having your teammate get the kill because you suck too much to get the kill yourself or even set up team shots properly...its a glorified game of bait and switch...and do you understand how -Yoinking!- stupid people sound when they say "gid gud" as if anyone who disagrees with you only disagrees because they are bad...and by the way...im not the only one who shares this opinion...plenty of amazing halo players dont like the direction the game going...when someone says "gid gud" what that really means to me...is your just a stubborn and petty child who can only get a point across through insults
totally agree with you there attempt to attract new fans has only enraged the existing fans.
synaps555 wrote:
totally agree with you there attempt to attract new fans has only enraged the existing fans.
Yep. Once Cortana says that's the largest Covenat fleet ever You knows Halo will be great again. Remember Halo Vets see what we've become no shield or quarter
We are only going to get these posts because people want to make this game better, not because they feel like kicking then *Yoink* out of it and making it look like it is the worst game that has ever came out. We want to make the game better for everyone.
Personally I think the game is great. Halo 4 was a bit of a mess, but I think that 343 has nailed it with h5 as far as gameplay goes. Games need to evolve or else people stop playing them. Halo stopped being the go to console shooter as soon as modern warfare came out, they had to do something to keep people interested
You said it OP. We gotta fight the good fight here. Make Halo great again!
Personally I think the game is great. Halo 4 was a bit of a mess, but I think that 343 has nailed it with h5 as far as gameplay goes. Games need to evolve or else people stop playing them. Halo stopped being the go to console shooter as soon as modern warfare came out, they had to do something to keep people interested
well...im very tired of arguing about gameplay mechanics so im not going to...lets just say...based on halos sales, population, and general discussion...the "something" that they are trying isnt working..maybe if they just made a halo game...an OG old school halo game...halo may be popular again because it would be unique...people in the fps genra in general are growing tired of advanced movement...
My reason for defending Halo 5 and 343?

Because I love the game, and my opinion is that 343 has done a great job. I definitely agree that Halo 4 was disappointing, but for me 343 has redeemed themselves with Halo 5. I also agree that Halo 5 was lacking in some areas at launch, but it has been continuously expanded and improved since then.
My opinion is just as valid as those who don't like the game, so aren't I and others who agree just as entitled to share our opinions as you and the people who don't?

As far as the lack of features at launch, fair enough, but they are being added all the time free of charge. Would you have preferred to wait until next September for all the modes and features that are being gradually added to be put together, playtested and tweaked before the game released?
Personally I'm happy with the way things have been handled, and I eagerly await each new update to see what new features have been added.

I completely understand that people have strong feelings about Halo, I have been a fan since the first time I played the original over a decade ago.
Everyone has their own opinions, which differ from person to person, and unfortunately it's a fact of life that not everyone can have exactly what they want. I am sincerely sorry that there are people who aren't as happy with Halo 5 as I am, that's unfortunate. But everything changes over time, that is another fact of life, and I love the direction the franchise has taken.

The fact is like it or not, Bungie was done with Halo, they decided it was time to move on, and good for them. Fortunately for people like me, Microsoft didn't let the franchise die, but gave it a second life. It was always a given that it would change from game to game, even more so when Bungie left, and the reins were handed to a new studio. The other option is Halo could have ended with Bungie, and I'm glad it didn't.

One final comment; people need to lay off the 343 bashing. Bungie had years of experience developing games before Halo, and then years improving Halo itself. 343 was a brand new company put together specifically to continue the Halo franchise, and I think they've done extremely well in the few years since they started. I won't argue that they haven't made mistakes, but I think they've done a great job learning from those mistakes, and have steadily improved over time.

All this is just my own opinion as I said, but I'm entitled to it. I don't expect everyone to agree, just respect my right to an opinion the same way I respect yours.
Although to be honest, it doesn't matter to me if you don't. I don't even know you, and if you can't respect my right to my own opinion, then I wouldn't want to know you anyway.
I'm mad at 343 because the lost connection issue has been in halo 5 since day 1 and it still hasn't been fixed!
It looks like it is spreading so if 343 don't fix it soon there will be a lot of hate.
My reason for defending Halo 5 and 343?

Because I love the game, and my opinion is that 343 has done a great job. I definitely agree that Halo 4 was disappointing, but for me 343 has redeemed themselves with Halo 5. I also agree that Halo 5 was lacking in some areas at launch, but it has been continuously expanded and improved since then.
My opinion is just as valid as those who don't like the game, so aren't I and others who agree just as entitled to share our opinions as you and the people who don't?
As far as the lack of features at launch, fair enough, but they are being added all the time free of charge. Would you have preferred to wait until next September for all the modes and features that are being gradually added to be put together, playtested and tweaked before the game released?
Personally I'm happy with the way things have been handled, and I eagerly await each new update to see what new features have been added.

I completely understand that people have strong feelings about Halo, I have been a fan since the first time I played the original over a decade ago.
Everyone has their own opinions, which differ from person to person, and unfortunately it's a fact of life that not everyone can have exactly what they want. I am sincerely sorry that there are people who aren't as happy with Halo 5 as I am, that's unfortunate. But everything changes over time, that is another fact of life, and I love the direction the franchise has taken.

The fact is like it or not, Bungie was done with Halo, they decided it was time to move on, and good for them. Fortunately for people like me, Microsoft didn't let the franchise die, but gave it a second life. It was always a given that it would change from game to game, even more so when Bungie left, and the reins were handed to a new studio. The other option is Halo could have ended with Bungie, and I'm glad it didn't.

One final comment; people need to lay off the 343 bashing. Bungie had years of experience developing games before Halo, and then years improving Halo itself. 343 was a brand new company put together specifically to continue the Halo franchise, and I think they've done extremely well in the few years since they started. I won't argue that they haven't made mistakes, but I think they've done a great job learning from those mistakes, and have steadily improved over time.

All this is just my own opinion as I said, but I'm entitled to it. I don't expect everyone to agree, just respect my right to an opinion the same way I respect yours.
Although to be honest, it doesn't matter to me if you don't. I don't even know you, and if you can't respect my right to my own opinion, then I wouldn't want to know you anyway.
i do have things to say contrary to your opinion...but quite frankly im a little tired after reading your post...the only thing i will say is the arguement about them always needing more time to tweak things or...well they were busy or new or whatever...day one excuses man....and yes you are entitled to your opinion but just keep in mind when you post something online people are going to comment on it and sometimes it will be rude
Warfuntime wrote:
343 did really great with h5. It is much better than reach and 4. It added new game mechanics that made the game a lot more interesting. They did a good job minus the lack of playlists, ranking system, and buffed automatic weapons.
Agreed, except the buffed automatics are good for the game... If you're dying from mid-range from auto's you're doing something wrong.

The weapon balance is fantastic in H5. Every weapon is effective and has a fighting chance against anything, within their intended ranges.
if your dying from mid range with automatics its because automatics have too much range.....i guess you never heard of a utility weapon...not a proper one anyway
this, i just quit a game out of frustration, definite mid range (plaza - i just went past the br spawn and he was the other side of the room) and got absolutely smashed by an smg before i could get 4 shots of my magnum into him and we engaged at the same time..
I agree, making the game for new comers I guess you could say makes me lose Halo friends daily and seems all my teams kind of went away and hardly play now seems they are hoping for more updates
Warfuntime wrote:
Agreed, except the buffed automatics are good for the game... If you're dying from mid-range from auto's you're doing something wrong.

The weapon balance is fantastic in H5. Every weapon is effective and has a fighting chance against anything, within their intended ranges.
if your dying from mid range with automatics its because automatics have too much range.....i guess you never heard of a utility weapon...not a proper one anyway
this, i just quit a game out of frustration, definite mid range (plaza - i just went past the br spawn and he was the other side of the room) and got absolutely smashed by an smg before i could get 4 shots of my magnum into him and we engaged at the same time..
i feel your pain
Ahhh, jumping in the hate bandwagon, just like every other halo 'fan'.

They needed to change...it would become stale and die otherwise, don't like halo 5 sell it on and play MCC. No need to have a righteous rant.

All this forum is these days, people moaning. There are plenty more fps out there...
Warfuntime wrote:
well...im very tired of arguing about gameplay mechanics so im not going to...lets just say...based on halos sales, population, and general discussion...the "something" that they are trying isnt working..maybe if they just made a halo game...an OG old school halo game...halo may be popular again because it would be unique...people in the fps genra in general are growing tired of advanced movement..
I think the sales have more to do with there being so much competition in the console fps market honestly. Like I said for me personally I think it's pretty great, it's not perfect, but its pretty awesome. I even like warzone and I thought I wasn't going to be that into it, but I find it fun and relaxing.
Halo's future will be very good
hello
Hey OP, d'you ever wonder why you're here?

OP: It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it...

Well... not really. I meant, why are you specifically still here? It's clear from your rant that you no longer enjoy Halo...

OP: But I love Halo!

Loved. You clearly haven't liked it for at least the past three iterations.

OP: But... I loved Halo.

Good for you! Now, be a dear and find something more productive to do with that dead love than taking a dump all over others' parades and calling it "constructive." Clearly, Halo is no longer being made for you. You would be better served by voting with your wallet in the future and finding a different game that you'll enjoy more. You can no longer pretend that you have a reason to hang around with Halo once you've been metaphorically dumped by it.

OP: But... Halo.

*sigh* If you still want Halo to change, you need to realize that you're trapped in the video-game equivalent of a dead-end relationship. You keep asking your partner to change for you, but that's not how love works. Rather than getting angry and upset, you're better served by leaving and preserving the happy memories you had. You won't help anyone here enjoy the game more by harping on its shortcomings, and 343 will continue to make the games it wants to make in spite of your beliefs. Let the people who love the game enjoy it; your time here is over. The only thing missing is your letting go of a dead love.
I totally agree with you OP. I don't get angry easily, but what really infuriates me is seeing people sweeping the lies and incompetence that 343 shamelessly shoved in our face under the rug since they took over Halo. People like that are the biggest threat to the franchise and should be silenced. We as a community should critique the games because we love the games, simple as that. But if people pretend that the REQ system and the minimal content (so players would play Warzone more often for the $$$) are "just fine'' than we're stuck with disappointments, lies and incompetence forever.

Don't even get me started on Halo 5's campaign...
Hey OP, d'you ever wonder why you're here?

OP: It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it...

Well... not really. I meant, why are you specifically still here? It's clear from your rant that you no longer enjoy Halo...

OP: But I love Halo!

Loved. You clearly haven't liked it for at least the past three iterations.

OP: But... I loved Halo.

Good for you! Now, be a dear and find something more productive to do with that dead love than taking a dump all over others' parades and calling it "constructive." Clearly, Halo is no longer being made for you. You would be better served by voting with your wallet in the future and finding a different game that you'll enjoy more. You can no longer pretend that you have a reason to hang around with Halo once you've been metaphorically dumped by it.

OP: But... Halo.

*sigh* If you still want Halo to change, you need to realize that you're trapped in the video-game equivalent of a dead-end relationship. You keep asking your partner to change for you, but that's not how love works. Rather than getting angry and upset, you're better served by leaving and preserving the happy memories you had. You won't help anyone here enjoy the game more by harping on its shortcomings, and 343 will continue to make the games it wants to make in spite of your beliefs. Let the people who love the game enjoy it; your time here is over. The only thing missing is your letting go of a dead love.
Funny how you critized the OP's thread for not being constructive, yet had nothing constructive/helpful to offer in your post.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8