[Locked] Farming kills in Warzone NEEDS to stop

OP xN1ghtShadowx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
Just got done playing a game of Warzone where saying my team was slaughtered is too nice of a word to describe what happened. Joined the game right at the beginning and found that the enemy team completely SKIPPED their armory, and invaded ours. Once that was done, they pinned us down to hour home base before slowly capping the rest of the two bases.

I do NOT care what anyone else says, or what companies say. This is NOT sportsmanlike. They did not go after Baron Sarom. And when they had a clear shot at our core, they didn't take it (though it got hit once or twice because of explosions)

Here's the video of what happened (started recording about halfway). Half my team quit when we found out the other team was just milking kills.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvYLy5VA1o&feature=youtu.be
Is this all seriously just for a single armor???
Not sure if you understand what farming kills means. I get the frustration but the other team had a game plan and if they want to get 1000 kills instead of killing bosses or destroying the core, that's their choice.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Not sure if you understand what farming kills means. I get the frustration but the other team had a game plan and if they want to get 1000 kills instead of killing bosses or destroying the core, that's their choice.
Doesn't make it right though.You're supposed to win the game as fast as possible. Not make the other team life a living hell.
DaddyTrax wrote:
By what OP says, even I can see a clear understanding of what he means by 'Farming Kills', because that's technically what they did. There might be a few exceptions but pinning a team back and refusing to go for other objectives or core the enemy team, and the team is just stuck in the back of the base dying, that's farming kills. But you are right, that is their choice to end with coring or just continue to kill.

I understand your frustration OP, there have been a lot of topics like this, as far as it goes, there is nothing we can do about it, unless 343i lifts the ban hammer from social playlists, i.e; Warzone, then you practically have to just sit there and fight your way off, or hide in a corner. Randoms Vs Coordinated fireteam, is an easy pick who's going to win.

Just have to deal with it until maybe 343i gives us more options.
Unfortunately for people that play solo, it is apart of the game, and some players actually care enough about the armour and their K/Ds to basically 'farm kills'.
Really 343 needs to give people an incentive to end the game by coring, like a req or xp boost, or a medal even.
I hope they really remove the bans from Warzone so this stops.
Just report them for unsporting conduct and move on.
It's a part of the game. I'm sure you would not be complaining if you were on the other end of the stick.
It's not good for the game. Why would anyone want to play in a game where they can do nothing but get killed for 20-30 min. When this happens to me I just report the for 'Unsporting Behavior.' It's really all we can do at this point.
Do not purposely bypass the profanity filter.

Spoiler:
Show
I understand your frustration, but it's not technically against the rules (I believe). It's similar to how I've complained about teammates padding kill stats instead of going for a flag cap, stronghold, etc. It sucks, but you cant really regulate that. Your best bet may be to play Warzone Assault. If you don't play the objective, the game ends quickly.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Doesn't make it right though.You're supposed to win the game as fast as possible. Not make the other team life a living hell.
Says who? Some of the bosses don't spawn until nearly 20 minutes in. Why would they be set up that way if all matches were meant to be speed runs?
I've been on both ends of the spectrum, so I can understand being upset about being crammed in your core, getting spawn smashed by the enemy, while they refuse to finish the game however I want to point out a few things.

1-Kill Farming was around since day one. Way before Achilles was even conceived. In fact, as a member of a "We Need Achilles" company, when we need to farm, we don't waste our time doing it in normal Warzone. Assault is far more versatile to accomdate the types of kills we need. Stop blaming the fact that you were stuck in your spawn on an armour set.

2-It's not unsportsman like to ignore the bosses. It's a legitimate strategy, and it works. I've been in games where we destroyed the core in 4 minutes, not because we were bad sports, but because warzone has multiple objectives, and we dedicated our focus to the core. A warzone game can finished from core destruction, Spartan kills, AI kills, and as long as you're doing one of those things, you're playing the game as objective dictates.

3- You're upset by the fact that they skipped their armory? Why should I fight for my armory, when I can fight you for yours, then take mine with ease. This is STRATEGY. This type of thinking is what allows your team to win. When you load into a game Palmer says to capture your home base. She doesn't say to capture your home base, AND the armory closest to you. In fact, there is nothing dictating what base you should aim for. You're just upset the general populous simple mindedly goes for the objective closest to them, while the winners go for the smartest objective.
Just report them for unsporting conduct and move on.
lol
DaddyTrax wrote:
Says who? Some of the bosses don't spawn until nearly 20 minutes in. Why would they be set up that way if all matches were meant to be speed runs?
Even games can go that far and poor judgement from 343 putting boss spawns on timers.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Says who?
Common sense.
Lambossity wrote:
DaddyTrax wrote:
Says who?
Common sense.
Warzone was designed with no time limit, so obviously common sense would tell you that a game has no set length of how long it should take you to lose. I don't hear Palmer saying "Destroy their core, as fast as you possible can! Let's not give 'em hell Spartan."
Just got done playing a game of Warzone where saying my team was slaughtered is too nice of a word to describe what happened. Joined the game right at the beginning and found that the enemy team completely SKIPPED their armory, and invaded ours. Once that was done, they pinned us down to hour home base before slowly capping the rest of the two bases.

I do NOT care what anyone else says, or what companies say. This is NOT sportsmanlike. They did not go after Baron Sarom. And when they had a clear shot at our core, they didn't take it (though it got hit once or twice because of explosions)

Here's the video of what happened (started recording about halfway). Half my team quit when we found out the other team was just milking kills.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvYLy5VA1o&feature=youtu.be
You're right, it's not sportsmanlike. Gamers will never have the respect and integrity of real athletes so if you want sportsmanlike conduct get off the couch and play a real sport.
I'm playing much less Warzone since this farming trend started. I liked Warzone because it was a fun, more casual and relaxing experience. Most of the time it still is, but when I'm matched against a 12-men team grinding for commendations, it becomes a stressful, painful experience that completely puts me off from the game. I don't even get excited about opening REQs anymore, because I'm not nearly as interested in Warzone as I used to be and I don't care for customization anymore because I have already got Goblin Dokkaebi, a.k.a. the best looking armor set in the game by far.

Farming kills may reward your Company with an exclusive armor set (although Goblin Dokkaebi is objectively better), but that's a practice that is hurting the community and making more players leave Warzone and maybe Halo 5 altogether in the long term. 343 should do something about it, but while it doesn't, it's up to the community to avoid unsportive behavior. Otherwise, don't complain when you realize that everybody seems to be moving on to Call of Duty.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27