2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 27
I had the exact same thing happen. Most of our team quit after it started happening. It's ridiculous that spawn trapping is still in games. It's 2016, learn how to switch up spawns for God's sake.
this is a great practice . . . and I love it
Church Yo wrote:
I've been on both ends of the spectrum, so I can understand being upset about being crammed in your core, getting spawn smashed by the enemy, while they refuse to finish the game however I want to point out a few things.

1-Kill Farming was around since day one. Way before Achilles was even conceived. In fact, as a member of a "We Need Achilles" company, when we need to farm, we don't waste our time doing it in normal Warzone. Assault is far more versatile to accomdate the types of kills we need. Stop blaming the fact that you were stuck in your spawn on an armour set.

2-It's not unsportsman like to ignore the bosses. It's a legitimate strategy, and it works. I've been in games where we destroyed the core in 4 minutes, not because we were bad sports, but because warzone has multiple objectives, and we dedicated our focus to the core. A warzone game can finished from core destruction, Spartan kills, AI kills, and as long as you're doing one of those things, you're playing the game as objective dictates.

3- You're upset by the fact that they skipped their armory? Why should I fight for my armory, when I can fight you for yours, then take mine with ease. This is STRATEGY. This type of thinking is what allows your team to win. When you load into a game Palmer says to capture your home base. She doesn't say to capture your home base, AND the armory closest to you. In fact, there is nothing dictating what base you should aim for. You're just upset the general populous simple mindedly goes for the objective closest to them, while the winners go for the smartest objective.
this guy has a point, and I completely agree. The only objective that you have is clear your home bad and win. It doesn't really matter how it happens as long as someone gets 1000 points.
this is a great practice . . . and I love it
Great practice for what, not being a sportsman? You see an objective, you go for it. You don't just sit there and look at it and kill anyone that defends it, that's not how objectives work.
SATTLER51 wrote:
Move on and stop thinking of this
how can you stop thinking of something, that keeps happening to you every day? It's a problem, it needs to be solved. It's like a guy that just keeps following you everywhere you go. What do you do in that situation? You contact the police. In this situation in 343, this is a problem that both affects players, and 343. Players leave Halo 5 because of spawn killing and 343 losses their population of the game. this problem can easily be resolved by adding in a mercy rule or adding some sort of game changer.
SATTLER51 wrote:
how can you stop thinking of something, that keeps happening to you every day? It's a problem, it needs to be solved. It's like a guy that just keeps following you everywhere you go. What do you do in that situation? You contact the police. In this situation in 343, this is a problem that both affects players, and 343. Players leave Halo 5 because of spawn killing and 343 losses their population of the game. this problem can easily be resolved by adding in a mercy rule or adding some sort of game changer.
Spawn Trapping has been a thing since Halo 2 bud, MLG perfected that -Yoink-.
When I play solo I am usually able to annoy the tryhards a good amount, especially when they call in the big guns to kill my random teammates.
Point of the game is to win, so long as it's not cheating.
SATTLER51 wrote:
Spawn trapping, and kill farming are two different things.
I don't know how could 343i stop this, maybe put 10 mins to destroy the core or AI enemys will spawn at some base for example?
SATTLER51 wrote:
Hmm, only because the gametype changed, or the fact that those kills goes towards an armor, if that weren't the case, people wouldn't be here complaining about "farming" and would just call it Spawn Trapping like usual
SATTLER51 wrote:
Hmm, only because the gametype changed, or the fact that those kills goes towards an armor, if that weren't the case, people wouldn't be here complaining about "farming" and would just call it Spawn Trapping like usual
Not really no. Spawn trapping does not always involve getting a ton of kills.

Kill farming however, does.
As much as I agree, you either just have to accept it or be good enough to stop it or not get abused.
I was stuck in a WZ assault in a PUG attacking team against a company that harvested kills for the entire time, but allowed the capture in the final moments to prolong the experience so they could just kill for additional segments of the game. It was pretty frustrating. It's not cheating but its very unsportsmanlike and damaging to the gaming experience... I'm cool with going up against a company and just being destroyed outright and getting on with my life, but being forced to wait out a match or possibly face a ban for leaving early isn't cool. There should be a mechanic built into the system that allows players in a PUG, that go up against a team that contains a fireteam that makes up say 75% of a group, the opportunity to leave without facing a ban.
Haha, some people in this community actually defending these bush league tactics. You'll get exactly what you deserve: empty lobbies.
I had the same thing happen in a warzone match today on escape from arc but the enemy team mostly consisted of players from multiple spartan companies including the leader of one spartan company. We absolutely got destroy and my team got only 93 points in that match.
ugh where is snickerdoodle when you need him
Nekrocite wrote:
ugh where is snickerdoodle when you need him
Her
Just got done playing a game of Warzone where saying my team was slaughtered is too nice of a word to describe what happened. Joined the game right at the beginning and found that the enemy team completely SKIPPED their armory, and invaded ours. Once that was done, they pinned us down to hour home base before slowly capping the rest of the two bases.
I do NOT care what anyone else says, or what companies say. This is NOT sportsmanlike. They did not go after Baron Sarom. And when they had a clear shot at our core, they didn't take it (though it got hit once or twice because of explosions)
Here's the video of what happened (started recording about halfway). Half my team quit when we found out the other team was just milking kills.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MvYLy5VA1o&feature=youtu.be
Yep, their names looked familiar to me and I looked up all of them; they are from Party up gaming. They are pretty good players but they are making this game not fun to an average player.
DaddyTrax wrote:
Not sure if you understand what farming kills means. I get the frustration but the other team had a game plan and if they want to get 1000 kills instead of killing bosses or destroying the core, that's their choice.
I totally agree. I mean look, sure it's not fun for you and I would be frustrated too if I was on your team, but that's just a smart move by them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 27