Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Farming needs to be stopped right now.

OP lumiere banshee

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Do not flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
As much as we all would love the farming to stop its just never going to stop cause players want to get as best stats that they can it's started before Achilles and it was aggravated by Achilles and their is no way to stop it and we are going to have to either live with it or avoid it.
Please post link to games.
They aren't breaking the rules and even if they made a rule there is now way to reliably enforce it.

Quit whining and play in a group.
Were you playing with a different ID OP? Your game history does not show any WZ or WZA games played. Or are you just trolling?
gethtones wrote:
They aren't breaking the rules and even if they made a rule there is now way to reliably enforce it.

Quit whining and play in a group.
I actually hate it when people say "play in a group" as if that is the answer to stop farmers. They need to remove achilles from the game or allow the losing team to forfeit or have a timer that detonates the core unless a base is captured. Three very easy solutions. not everyone has 11 friends and almost nobody has 11 friends online at any one tiem with a decent enough skill level to deal with 5 vehicles camped outside the base with snipers everywhere.

Recon was cool and legitimately hard to get a hold of. The community looked on in awe at you. People that wear Achilles for the most part are scumbags, and thats how a lot of the community see them I'd be willing to bet.
Farming is absolutely ridiculous in halo 5 warzone. I went round to my friends house and we were chilling playing warzone, when all of a sudden we went against a full party of SR145's and above. As soon as we were triple capped on escape from A.R.C, that was it. We got spawntrapped up the -Yoink- with snipers, scorpions, phaetons and banshees. I tried using a scout warthog and it got ripped apart instantly by a Hannibal scorpion. Everyone as everyone on my team had at least a negative 30 K/D spread and we could not spawn at all even in the core room.

So we decided to try warzone assault, and we ended up matching the same damn fireteam. We got urban and after 5 minutes, everybody on their team left the garage and my teammates captured it. For the next 6 minutes, we proceeded to get literally spawntrapped with ultra banshees, nornfangs, answers and phaetons. And if you thought that was bad, at 1 minute they all backed up the core and my teammates for some reason captured the armory, and for 6 more minutes we got spawntrapped. One guy on our team went 1 kill 50 deaths and one of the farmers had 67 kills. After this game we stopped playing halo 5 and after those games I'm probably not going to get back on it.

These idiots are ruining the game for everyone and need to be banned for good..
So what did you all do about it? Did you at least report them? I was farmed for the first time the other day, I reported every single one of them for unsporting conduct, that's what the feedback system is for.
So what did you all do about it? Did you at least report them? I was farmed for the first time the other day, I reported every single one of them for unsporting conduct, that's what the feedback system is for.
Salty much?

Go and sit at the back of the base if you're getting farmed, or just quit. By reporting everyone, just shows you're bitter and I bet you don't get many of the messages saying "xbox has acted upon your reports".
matt290791 wrote:
gethtones wrote:
They aren't breaking the rules and even if they made a rule there is now way to reliably enforce it.

Quit whining and play in a group.
I actually hate it when people say "play in a group" as if that is the answer to stop farmers. They need to remove achilles from the game or allow the losing team to forfeit or have a timer that detonates the core unless a base is captured. Three very easy solutions. not everyone has 11 friends and almost nobody has 11 friends online at any one tiem with a decent enough skill level to deal with 5 vehicles camped outside the base with snipers everywhere.

Recon was cool and legitimately hard to get a hold of. The community looked on in awe at you. People that wear Achilles for the most part are scumbags, and thats how a lot of the community see them I'd be willing to bet.
Removing Achilles wouldn't end farming. You'd have to get rid of all war zone commendations and set it so there's no minimum time to get max req points from a match
matt290791 wrote:
gethtones wrote:
They aren't breaking the rules and even if they made a rule there is now way to reliably enforce it.

Quit whining and play in a group.
I actually hate it when people say "play in a group" as if that is the answer to stop farmers. They need to remove achilles from the game or allow the losing team to forfeit or have a timer that detonates the core unless a base is captured. Three very easy solutions. not everyone has 11 friends and almost nobody has 11 friends online at any one tiem with a decent enough skill level to deal with 5 vehicles camped outside the base with snipers everywhere.

Recon was cool and legitimately hard to get a hold of. The community looked on in awe at you. People that wear Achilles for the most part are scumbags, and thats how a lot of the community see them I'd be willing to bet.
Removing Achilles wouldn't end farming. You'd have to get rid of all war zone commendations and set it so there's no minimum time to get max req points from a match
Something among these suggestions would be good. Max req points from a match with no minimum time is a great idea, I also like the timer idea. Achilles doesnt help the issue though Wally, makes it much worse. As Matt said, its scumbag armor.
So what did you all do about it? Did you at least report them? I was farmed for the first time the other day, I reported every single one of them for unsporting conduct, that's what the feedback system is for.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Salty much? Go and sit at the back of the base if you're getting farmed, or just quit. By reporting everyone, just shows you're bitter and I bet you don't get many of the messages saying "xbox has acted upon your reports".
That is exactly what the Xbox Live feedback system is for, so your criticism is unfounded.

The majority of the community considers farming/griefing to be "Unsporting Behavior," and we have seen Spartan Company leaders post on these forums saying they have received matchmaking bans due to the number of reports they accumulate. The system does work.
A friend and I were farmed the other day as well. We just sat back and laughed at the chaos going on. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. Either way we're receiving req points, even if we're getting destroyed. I guess I don't understand how people get so salty from being farmed. Yeah, it's annoying as ever to get spawn trapped but its not for long. :/
Nearly got farmed twice yesterday; one of the groups even had full Achilles. After blocking and reporting all those I could confirm that were farming, someone actually destroyed our core after 5 minutes. They're the real MVP. Oh, and I quit the other game. So, here's the thing: I've quit at least 6 games in which I was being farmed. I've never been banned for it. You need to quit like 4 games in a row to get banned in Warzone, so don't be afraid of leaving an unenjoyable situation. That is a good solution to most real life problems, after all.
i run a huge company too and i honestly don't get the purpose of farming. At least not from an achilles standpoint.

All the huge top companies only need first strikes at this point. You can't farm those that effeciently. I mean you have 1 chance per match to get the first strike. And well that's it. A spawntrap like that won't give you first strikes. So i don't understand the motivation those fireteams have tbh.

When we run in fireteams, we usually end it as fast as possible. I don't ger why they would let you capture the armory.
Lynik2354 wrote:
A friend and I were farmed the other day as well. We just sat back and laughed at the chaos going on. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. Either way we're receiving req points, even if we're getting destroyed. I guess I don't understand how people get so salty from being farmed. Yeah, it's annoying as ever to get spawn trapped but its not for long. :/
Some people get farmed for 40 minutes straight in one game. For many people thats 2/3 of their play time a day.
Lynik2354 wrote:
A friend and I were farmed the other day as well. We just sat back and laughed at the chaos going on. Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. Either way we're receiving req points, even if we're getting destroyed. I guess I don't understand how people get so salty from being farmed. Yeah, it's annoying as ever to get spawn trapped but its not for long. :/
There's a difference between getting farmed and tripple capped.
Were you playing with a different ID OP? Your game history does not show any WZ or WZA games played. Or are you just trolling?
He played on a friends account. Is stated in op.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
So what did you all do about it? Did you at least report them? I was farmed for the first time the other day, I reported every single one of them for unsporting conduct, that's what the feedback system is for.
Salty much?

Go and sit at the back of the base if you're getting farmed, or just quit. By reporting everyone, just shows you're bitter and I bet you don't get many of the messages saying "xbox has acted upon your reports".
Think about this: most people play this game to have laid back fun (or at least they used to), and since Arena is too competitive for their tastes, they resort to Warzone. When the only social game mode they can play (hidden ranks and recorded stats in "social" slayer) becomes unplayable because of company supremacists, they have every right to be upset. Think about the peoples' experience you're ruining.
My worst farming experience in WZA yesterday (most of them were champions or onyx rank in Arena):
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Logipuh/screenshot/4063418

Even worse, one guy was constantly running around spartan charging with speed boost and the connection was terrible.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Think about this: most people play this game to have laid back fun (or at least they used to), and since Arena is too competitive for their tastes, they resort to Warzone. When the only social game mode they can play (hidden ranks and recorded stats in "social" slayer) becomes unplayable because of company supremacists, they have every right to be upset. Think about the peoples' experience you're ruining.
Never said I farm. I am the person that tries to end it by destroying the core/hiding at the back or just quitting if it's clear they won't blow up the core.
The best Warzone games are the close ones where you pull off a play which can change the game.

Social modes need to be somewhat ranked, you cant have a group of new players matching against good teams, they'd never return.
Far too many people expect to go into socials expecting to steam roll some 'noobs', what is social about that for the 'noobs'?

There's also far too many people that exaggerate farming. There's quite a difference between a trip cap and farming. Often I'll attempt to be the guy that ends it only to be met by an army of people in the core room - either let the team destroy it or get out and back into the game!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4