Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Feb 21: Halo 3 Classic Throwback

OP GYS GHOST

I m happy to play new playlists with double xp. What should I expect from this playlist, only maps of halo 3? it would be exciting
I bet you will start with the "classic BR" with a scope and no sprint.
Classic BR starts and no spartan abilities other than assassinations. All maps are recreations of Halo 3 maps. Gametypes are slayer, CTF, Oddball, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting
If only the BR was useful again. Gonna be skipping this one yet again for that reason alone.
I think the map gravity was also changed to match H3's jump height, but it's been awhile since I've read everything that was changed so I'm not completely positive.
If only they added more H3 inspired Maps to this playlist
tuhin94 wrote:
If only the BR was useful again. Gonna be skipping this one yet again for that reason alone.
I don't think there are any Magnums on the maps. Wouldn't that make the BR useful in this playlist? Or do you mean due to its nerfs it's no longer useful? I can't recall how it felt last time the Halo 3 playlist was up and BRs were everywhere again.
Or if you want H3 you could pay it in MCC or via backwards compatibility. The H3 classic throwback is ok but it does suit what it's intended for. At the end of the day this is H5 and H3 throwback is supposed to be a taste of H3.. not actually H3.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I don't think there are any Magnums on the maps. Wouldn't that make the BR useful in this playlist? Or do you mean due to its nerfs it's no longer useful? I can't recall how it felt last time the Halo 3 playlist was up and BRs were everywhere again.
I usually only mention how it’s bad relative to every other precision weapon, but it’s bad in an absolute sense too. It’s the most inconsistent and weak version of the weapon (low RRR and insane recoil to name a couple) in a game that focuses heavily on weapon consistency and aiming precision going hand in hand.
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I usually only mention how it’s bad relative to every other precision weapon, but it’s bad in an absolute sense too. It’s the most inconsistent and weak version of the weapon (low RRR and insane recoil to name a couple) in a game that focuses heavily on weapon consistency and aiming precision going hand in hand.
I know what you mean. I don’t pick it up often.

I did grab the stabilizer BR in Roaming King and was surprised. Maybe with any luck that is in the Halo 3 playlist. But I can’t remember if it has a Classic Scope variant, and I also doubt it would be.
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I know what you mean. I don’t pick it up often.

I did grab the stabilizer BR in Roaming King and was surprised. Maybe with any luck that is in the Halo 3 playlist. But I can’t remember if it has a Classic Scope variant, and I also doubt it would be.
Yeah, I was really excited about seeing it in Roaming King and picked it up whenever I could. Turns out the map maker made the choice to use the Classic BR with stabilizers for the sake of consistency. I doubt it would in the H3 playlist be as well because that would be an admission that the BR tune is not good (since the maps have been made with 343i oversight), something I don’t see 343i doing.
I found all the settings that were changed in the playlist.

Quote:
  • Motion Tracker range is increased to 25m
  • All Spartan Abilities are disabled (Sprint, Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Stabilize, and Clamber)
  • Player jump height is increased
  • Slightly increased the effect of gravity on players
  • Player movement speed decreased
  • Increased player forward and strafe acceleration
  • Adjusted shield and health recharge rate to approximate Halo 3 values
  • Classic Team Oddball: Reduced ball carrier movement speed
  • Classic Multi-Flag CTF: Reduced flag carrier movement speed
Link.
LethalQ wrote:
Or if you want H3 you could pay it in MCC or via backwards compatibility. The H3 classic throwback is ok but it does suit what it's intended for. At the end of the day this is H5 and H3 throwback is supposed to be a taste of H3.. not actually H3.
But that doesn't stop it from always being the best playlist in H5.
this is mint. I only played 8 matches. each a different map**.
great recreations.
I am stoked ad'n impressed. I want to download the map-pack as and gametype for casual play offline.

My only critique, and this is just to be open: Give me clammer and jet burst on Ghosttown. Sanctuary, Isolation and Construct are perfect, but 2 @50% swords under shotty would be MINT!!! Longshore could use Bubbleshields* and sprint, without clammer*. & generally, I'd like to see the those dymensions* (clammer and burst, sprint) choices in customgames.*

and stating that: That map-pack only with the 8 maps I played so far & owning MCC, would be worth it.
ArcaneUnit wrote:
it's a Spectacle.
wish I had more time to sit here, AND OR play