Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] FEEDBACK WANTED: REQ ENERGY LEVELS

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 54
tactical magnum lvl2
gauss hog lvl 5
Gunfighter Magnum Level 1
Tactical Magnum Level 2
With almost 30 days of playtime in warzone and thousands of games, I've taken my time to really reflect on what could be changed to improve the REQ ecosystem.
the basic hydra should be lowered to req 4-
Compared to the typhon, it has a whole clip less in reserve, fires slower, only locks onto one target, does less damage, and reloads slower. I feel like it would be ok in 4 because of weapons like blood of subans, rail guns, and spartan lasers
The echidna should be lowered to 6 to be safe, or 5 to really give it some serious anti-vehicle purpose-
It's not gamechanging but other weapons available at 7 or even before 7 like Jorge's chain gun, the answer, snipers, advictorium, other special rocket launchers, endgame and the lance, arc light, or even the tier 2 hydra- the typhon itself, overshadow this weapon way too much for how much it costs compared to how much you get out of it. It's already ultra-rare, but it also costs an arm and a leg.
The basic scattershot should be lowered to 3-
to align with other shotguns. Yes, it does have ricochet and a longer damage drop-off, however it takes a lot of ammo to kill a single target from a range. It shouldn't cost the same as its brother loathsome thing that has more ammo, reloads faster, and fires faster.
Vorpal talon should be either reduced to a REQ 3 or buffed-
It doesn't feel ultra rare but if the values are adjusted so it really isn't as common, it would be just right if not a little too good at 3 and ultra-rare. OR buff something like speed or lunge range or something like that.
advictorium should be raised to 6-
this would give the high five a fighting chance while also making the REQ 5 rocket actually worth keeping. Right now if given the choice, people will choose advic 99/100 times. That 1 is just a dude in denial or someone who's pulling a high five for fun.
leave a comment down below or feel free to friend request and DM me on discord at XLR8#5684
IMO...
IMO... Oni Gungoose shouldn't change. It should be eliminated or at least fix the trajectories so you can kill something with it. I get 10x the kills with a the regular gungoose. The level 5 Manti and Banshee are made of paper. You can take them out with a BR so leave them. The Spartan Laser is usually worthless because the charge time is too long. I rarely ever see anyone even use it unless they just don't have another weapon to take out an airborne vehicle. The Morph site gives no advantage at all, it's just a cosmetic change to looking down the barrell. In real game play I see no advantage.
BadDogg55 wrote:
IMO... Oni Gungoose shouldn't change. It should be eliminated or at least fix the trajectories so you can kill something with it. I get 10x the kills with a the regular gungoose. The level 5 Manti and Banshee are made of paper. You can take them out with a BR so leave them. The Spartan Laser is usually worthless because the charge time is too long. I rarely ever see anyone even use it unless they just don't have another weapon to take out an airborne vehicle. The Morph site gives no advantage at all, it's just a cosmetic change to looking down the barrell. In real game play I see no advantage.
So what are your suggestions? Your post was very unclear.

FWIW, the Spartan Laser now has a lot of use at L4. It sucks against banshees (because of the banshee flip and long laser charge time), but melts tanks, wraiths, wasps, hogs, and many bosses.
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
IMO... Oni Gungoose shouldn't change. It should be eliminated or at least fix the trajectories so you can kill something with it. I get 10x the kills with a the regular gungoose. The level 5 Manti and Banshee are made of paper. You can take them out with a BR so leave them. The Spartan Laser is usually worthless because the charge time is too long. I rarely ever see anyone even use it unless they just don't have another weapon to take out an airborne vehicle. The Morph site gives no advantage at all, it's just a cosmetic change to looking down the barrell. In real game play I see no advantage.
So what are your suggestions? Your post was very unclear.

FWIW, the Spartan Laser now has a lot of use at L4. It sucks against banshees (because of the banshee flip and long laser charge time), but melts tanks, wraiths, wasps, hogs, and many bosses.
Like I said... Just my opinion. The Oni GunGoose should have the trajectory like a plasma caster at least. Fix it or get rid of it... The shots are unpredictable as it is. Low tier Spartan Laser is almost worthless... Playing an extremely fast paced game. You don't have time to aim for 3/5 secs to get a kill or damage an aircraft. They're gone before the shot gets off, then when it does fire you wasted a shot. The next highest tier in the weapon does much better. I think I explained things well in my opinions. Leave them everything alone. We adapt to whatever were given to play with. As far as the scopes go, I absolutely see no reason to elevate one scope over the other unless it's been upgraded and give an advantage. To me it's just preference of which is visibly pleasing and how much of the screen you want to see while your scoped in.
No argument that the oni gungoose is awful.

But when you say "leave everything alone and we will adapt", no design choices are perfect and I personally love that 343 is at least trying to solicit feedback from players who have logged hundreds or thousands of hours in this game. If they can make tweaks to improve the balance and fun of the WZ meta for H5 or future titles, that's a great thing.
BadDogg55 wrote:
RzR J3ST3R wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
IMO... Oni Gungoose shouldn't change. It should be eliminated or at least fix the trajectories so you can kill something with it. I get 10x the kills with a the regular gungoose. The level 5 Manti and Banshee are made of paper. You can take them out with a BR so leave them. The Spartan Laser is usually worthless because the charge time is too long. I rarely ever see anyone even use it unless they just don't have another weapon to take out an airborne vehicle. The Morph site gives no advantage at all, it's just a cosmetic change to looking down the barrell. In real game play I see no advantage.
So what are your suggestions? Your post was very unclear.

FWIW, the Spartan Laser now has a lot of use at L4. It sucks against banshees (because of the banshee flip and long laser charge time), but melts tanks, wraiths, wasps, hogs, and many bosses.
Like I said... Just my opinion. The Oni GunGoose should have the trajectory like a plasma caster at least. Fix it or get rid of it... The shots are unpredictable as it is. Low tier Spartan Laser is almost worthless... Playing an extremely fast paced game. You don't have time to aim for 3/5 secs to get a kill or damage an aircraft. They're gone before the shot gets off, then when it does fire you wasted a shot. The next highest tier in the weapon does much better. I think I explained things well in my opinions. Leave them everything alone. We adapt to whatever were given to play with. As far as the scopes go, I absolutely see no reason to elevate one scope over the other unless it's been upgraded and give an advantage. To me it's just preference of which is visibly pleasing and how much of the screen you want to see while your scoped in.
The Splaser at llvl 4 is amazing. You just need to use the weapon better and lead your shots. As for the ONI Gungoose. The bounce of the grenades needs to be removed. This makes the trajectories so unpredictable and makes it unusable. The only thing the ONI is good for is sitting in the core room nade spamming to defend it with grenader mod on. Just for the extra armor.
Maybe decrease the REQ level for all sniper type weapons?
So after several weeks of the wasp at level 4, it doesn't seem worthy of level 4 as there are much better options at that level. It should go back to level 3.
I would suggest making the basic Ghost a level 4 requisition. It is fairly easy to get in the REQ Store, making it in fairly good supply to players, which is entirely fine by the way, but it can be a little overpowered due to it's speed.
So after several weeks of the wasp at level 4, it doesn't seem worthy of level 4 as there are much better options at that level. It should go back to level 3.
No way, as has previously discussed as nauseum, waspzone was no fun. There was no counter for 3+ wasps at level 3, making the first team to spam them winners. IMO
So after several weeks of the wasp at level 4, it doesn't seem worthy of level 4 as there are much better options at that level. It should go back to level 3.
No way, as has previously discussed as nauseum, waspzone was no fun. There was no counter for 3+ wasps at level 3, making the first team to spam them winners. IMO
Agree to disagree.
So after several weeks of the wasp at level 4, it doesn't seem worthy of level 4 as there are much better options at that level. It should go back to level 3.
No way, as has previously discussed as nauseum, waspzone was no fun. There was no counter for 3+ wasps at level 3, making the first team to spam them winners. IMO
Agree to disagree.
Good talk.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
So after several weeks of the wasp at level 4, it doesn't seem worthy of level 4 as there are much better options at that level. It should go back to level 3.
No way, as has previously discussed as nauseum, waspzone was no fun. There was no counter for 3+ wasps at level 3, making the first team to spam them winners. IMO
Agree to disagree.
I think the wasp at L4 is still quite useful. I got a killing frenzy with it yesterday. But it's only good if the opponents don't have a bunch of whiplashes/lasers out yet. Just means you need to be more clever about when you call one in... it's no longer a L3 GOD-req which you MUST CALL IN AT LEVEL 3 TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF WINNING.

Side note - IMO, the ONI wasp is under-powered as a L5 REQ... its chaingun needs a buff. The bullets move way too slowly, so you need to be basically on top of spartans to kill them. And that means you're going to get insta-killed or EMPed.

Hannibal Wasp is fine at L6.
Move the sniper to level 2 reqs.
The Echidna is too high for it to be req level 7 because by the time you get to req 7 you could get a spartan laser, rocket, nornfang, beam rifle, Void's Tear, ultra banshee, tank or binary rifle.Possibilities are endless and unlike the grenade launcher which has a lower req level and can emp manually which the Echidna does it automatically but to high to call in and low amount of rounds.
i think the hanniball scorpion need stay in the level 7
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 54