Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Fiesta Zombies

OP Folleyboy

How awesome would that be?
Alpha gets a sword and longshot SMG w/ no shields, headshot immunity, and enough health to survive a body sniper shot
other zombies have gunfighter magnums and no shields
Humans have random weapons like in super fiesta, except no weapon pickup
Last Man Standing DOES get weapon pickup, along with unlimited ammo, and maybe even active camo and no waypoint (for this, maps can't have good hiding places)

EDIT: another possibility could be that the zombies get just a sword and no special movements like sprint or boost, but they move a little faster and MORE IMPORTANTLY they sword lunge as far as it used to go in Halo 2.
No please...No I don't want to be playing infection and have to dashboard this like I do with regular infection. They need to fix one big problem with regular infection before adding in more game modes. looking at you active camo alphas. Plus it would suck to have a boltshot and sentinel beam against an alpha that can survive a sniper shot lol
That version sounds like the opposite of awesome, but it could be awesome if done correctly. I'll give my suggestions, but I'm not saying they're awesome either since I'm just coming up with this right now.

I would make it so only one random survivor gets a power weapon option per round and none get weapon pickups. The last man standing gets an overshield unlimited ammo and weapon pickup. The zombies would just have a longer ranged sword, but they would either get an overshield, sprint or camo per round. The Alpha would get camo and an overshield.

Edit: Thinking about it, the zombies might be too OP in my version so back to the drawing board I guess.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
That version sounds like the opposite of awesome, but it could be awesome if done correctly. I'll give my suggestions, but I'm not saying they're awesome either since I'm just coming up with this right now.

I would make it so only one random survivor gets a power weapon option per round and none get weapon pickups. The last man standing gets an overshield unlimited ammo and weapon pickup. The zombies would just have a longer ranged sword, but they would either get an overshield, sprint or camo per round. The Alpha would get camo and an overshield.

Edit: Thinking about it, the zombies might be too OP in my version so back to the drawing board I guess.
In regular infection alpha already have overshield and camo lol (this is a joke they don't literally have overshields but when an alpha is crouched they can eat shotgun bullets at point blank range) i dont think this would be a good idea no matter how it was executed
Might be interesting if the zombies stayed normal but every 30 seconds (or perhaps minute) the weapons of the survivors completely change.
Spurs1223 wrote:
No please...No I don't want to be playing infection and have to dashboard this like I do with regular infection. They need to fix one big problem with regular infection before adding in more game modes. looking at you active camo alphas. Plus it would suck to have a boltshot and sentinel beam against an alpha that can survive a sniper shot lol
I should clarify that I don't want invisible alphas, either. Properly balanced infection doesn't need that. And not knowing what you're gonna be stuck with is half the fun. I figure this would make a good action-sack type of game, even though that playlist is gone right now.
What you suggest is extremely chaotic. I like it, but Id rather not get infected by an Alpha holding a Binary.
What if the zombies were normal with everything except they had speed boost enabled?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
What if the zombies were normal with everything except they had speed boost enabled?
That sounds like it could work, too
I think at the very least, a few selected infected would wield different Energy Swords each match (minus Prophets' Bane for obvious reasons) so their strategy changes depending on what they have in hand.
  • The default swords would be standard fare.
  • Ravening Slivers promote rushdowns.
  • Vorpal Talons can throw off a survivor with the additional thruster evade.
The survivors might remain unchanged, however.
HaXoR73 wrote:
I think at the very least, a few selected infected would wield different Energy Swords each match (minus Prophets' Bane for obvious reasons) so their strategy changes depending on what they have in hand.
  • The default swords would be standard fare.
  • Ravening Slivers promote rushdowns.
  • Vorpal Talons can throw off a survivor with the additional thruster evade.
The survivors might remain unchanged, however.
I like this idea that you spawn in with a random energy sword (evening sliver is my yoinking god weapon)
I still think regular fiesta is still good, having tons of weapons but all be randomised really cripples a player if they get bad weapons. It’s like fighting the Warden with a bolt shot, you’ll never win. Also the zombies can’t use ranged weapons, they would just pick off people at a further range and people can’t do anything about it unless they have a good weapon. The whole point of infection is to try to take out a team of Spartans with just a sword, so giving them a smg kinda defeats the purpose of it. Still an interesting concept on paper, please don’t put it to game.
I'm just kinda spitballing as far as the specs go. I like a lot of the ideas and would be happy if they could make any of them work, though I do like the idea of zombies with random sword types especially. They could even just give humans one random weapon and a normal shotgun, but the point is I think that there is some version of this idea that would be a blast to have in matchmaking. Do y'all think so, too?
It’s an interesting concept, but unbalanced, and luck based. It could work though.