Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

final round mythic wz - why so unfair

OP Cay Deezy 81

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
While the mode is meant to be really hard, I agree certain match ups last round are ridiculous. They should pay out waaay more xp for winning. I typically just use Legendary boosts and my participation alone gets me near that same payout if I were to win.
For anyone saying mythic is too hard your probably just playing way too reckless. Don't think you can get away with anything like you can in Heroic. The first round is very important, you need to get as many kills as possible soo you can spawn a vehicle in round 2. Since you have no shields you need to be in a vehicle from round 2 onwards. When your in your vehicle play passive don't go rushing bosses head on you will die very fast. Playing with a team makes it a lot better since in the last round it is very tough if nobody spawns vehicles.
Well it's not that difficult if everyone pulls out the right weapons and vehicles.
For anyone saying mythic is too hard your probably just playing way too reckless. Don't think you can get away with anything like you can in Heroic. The first round is very important, you need to get as many kills as possible soo you can spawn a vehicle in round 2. Since you have no shields you need to be in a vehicle from round 2 onwards. When your in your vehicle play passive don't go rushing bosses head on you will die very fast. Playing with a team makes it a lot better since in the last round it is very tough if nobody spawns vehicles.
That's true. Most of the time we have problems in mythic is because many players play it like it were heroic.
There are some kinds of rounds 1, where you can't kill many enemies, so that are the worst if you have some teammate that go and do 1 punch kill to the boss (bosses) or try to run over them.
Example:
  1. The R1, Stormbreak, with two soldiers. If some of your team go like crazy with a warthog and kill both soldiers, and you have defend base on R2, you'll probably are going to lost it. Even if your mate got a random 3 banshee, that is nothing if you don't have help. So, clean the map before.
  2. The Darkstar R1. Two soldiers, covered by phaetons. If you see (on this two examples) that some dude is going to try to kill the bosses with warthog, always keep an eye on it, so you can shoot at least 1 bullet and get the kill.
  • Tip: Shoot the bosses on first 2 rounds to the body. So most of your mates can shot to them. If you see you're noble six and are alone, wait a little for some of your mates to arrive (hide or shoot slow), so the boss req level can be better distributed.
Other important thing, don't walk on the road please, is very annoying, move from there if you see vehicles. even if it is a tank, you can block the shoots or if the tank touched you, you'll be very hurt. Ohh!!!, and don't get above the barrel, because it does not allow to aim well.
Last rounds can be very difficult especially for this, a lot of people on foot with no overshields. So, remember, in mythic the enemies are the fastest for move, aim and shot. Some friends joke about the elites, they say: The elites have a hidden sack of nades, it seems like they are playing baseball with you. So if you see many of your team on foot, try to clean a lot, a lot if you have vehicles in R5 (except the sanctum R5 with 2 mythical wardens).
In this part is important to remember, those in first places have more responsibility for the following rounds.
For example, the R3 with the protect core. The one on the tree is not that hard because the enemies take time for arrive there and you can do spawn kill easy. But if is the other side, where the generator is close to the core in assault, outside, that round is a hell, even with a team of 8. If nobody of you got to level 5, you're going to lost. Because that soldiers use the light rifle as machine gun. So remember, first places have more responsibility. If I arrived to that round 3 as level 4, I spawn a ghost ultra, then, immediately, when I have reqs level 5 (I don't care if the generator is 100%), I go for the sword wraith, and shot the prometheans from far. Or even better, If I went from 5 to level 6, I go with a tank, so we have like 70% chances for finish the round. Try to don't use banshees on that side generator, with the one of the tree, yes is better there. If you trust because you see many ghost or some mantis, will not last, enemies have fire in their hands.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2