Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Final Warzone boss

OP xelon99

Plenty topics have been made about how the "final hit" rule is just bad. For most of the match, it's not. For the final boss however, it is. Since these bosses give 150 points and the end of the game is usually around the 700-800 mark, this boss decides who wins. Every game that I play, the last seconds are about rushing the Warden. It's a phase about luck, spamming REQs and simply running to do damage or camping with a sniper. It's predictable and not fun.

I'm not saying to remove change the "final hit" rule. But maybe it would be better to either remove this boss or lower the points. That way the end of the match can still be a close call instead of a guaranteed win when you kill the boss.
I think big point bosses should only be visible in an enclosed area you'd have to control the area and some big point bosses go down too quick as soon as they spawned in
I think big point bosses should only be visible in an enclosed area you'd have to control the area and some big point bosses go down too quick as soon as they spawned in
That could also work. Hold X base to be able to get points for killing X boss. I doubt they can make the boss invisible in that case, but they can make it so no points will be applied if you do not own that base.

And I completely agree on that some die too quickly. For example, Mr Bansee Elite. He should be a big threat, but get taken out within seconds with just a BR.
The simple answer is as I've said for weeks, lower the points awarded that way players will kill them more to stop them from killing team mates !
xelon99 wrote:
Plenty topics have been made about how the "final hit" rule is just bad. For most of the match, it's not. For the final boss however, it is. Since these bosses give 150 points and the end of the game is usually around the 700-800 mark, this boss decides who wins. Every game that I play, the last seconds are about rushing the Warden. It's a phase about luck, spamming REQs and simply running to do damage or camping with a sniper. It's predictable and not fun.

I'm not saying to remove change the "final hit" rule. But maybe it would be better to either remove this boss or lower the points. That way the end of the match can still be a close call instead of a guaranteed win when you kill the boss.
I was near the end of a close warzone 930-850 or so, and we had wraiths taking out the warden. All of the sudden the enemy team gets the points and gets ahead of us to win when they had like two guys over there shooting with BRs. I agree that something should be done to balance this warden problem. Either the "final hit" rule doesn't apply to the warden or just taking him out, until then, it'll remain a problem.
xelon99 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Maybe it would work if your team gained points for doing damage to the boss, that way if you don't get the final shot you do get some points.
If the losing team gets it then it becomes 850-800. How is that not close? Your team only needs 58% of the last kills to win the game.
Its infuriating to lose a game because of a couple random BR shots when you've been winning all game.
The point of the final boss is to end the game. Warzone matches aren't supposed to last twenty five minutes. That is why the warden spawns at 18 mins. The match is taking too long and he is there to end it. For a match to end, one team has to win, which the warden facilitates.That is his function in the game. I have however had games where the losing team gets the warden and still loses, because they were 400 or 500 points behind.
xelon99 wrote:
Plenty topics have been made about how the "final hit" rule is just bad.
And they've all been easily refuted.