Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Finally Finished campaign...worst halo story ever.

OP I Anti Saint I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 24
It was like Star wars 7, it wasn't as good as the rest because it is only half of a story.
I started with Halo 3, and I thought Halo: Combat Evolved was the worst one. When I went back to play it, I saw I had really missed nothing. There was no real explanation of the Covenant or Flood until Halo 2, IMO. Halo 5 wasn't my favorite, by any means, but I REALLY loved it.
Grihaly wrote:
It's not the worst, just the least-best.
Agree. Not the best Halo story, better than Halo 4 I thought.
I thought it was good, however I would have liked it if it were a little longer
I still have not played the campaign and I probably won't played it because everybody says that they lied to us and that it is not memorable.
I wish the hunters weren't as hard to kill, or the wraiths
So, folks who liked the campaign, what about the story leads you to believe that Halo 5 has a good campaign? I'm curious.
I honestly liked fighting the Warden for reasons I outlined in another thread you posted in. Otherwise, I liked it because it seemed like the characters acted with more purpose than previous games. Halo 1-3 was "Aliens are here. We must shoot them with our bullets.", but in Halo 5, Chief sees the chance to save an old friend and takes it, orders be damned. Locke and his team are uncertain about being sent after humanity's savior, but in stark contrast to the Chief, they follow orders and move in. I almost think they developed an attitude of "We're not here to arrest him. We're here to save the one who saved us.".

The PLOT was kinda disjointed, but not so much that I entirely couldn't follow it. I had no idea what the Mantle was for a long time though. I thought it was a metaphorical thing. Is it...?
I think the game as a whole should have more content.
Even though Halo 5's HORRRIIIBBBLLLEEE campaign is in the game it does not ruin it. Halo 5 has a lot of cons but a lot of goods (forge warzone free updates community made maps)
I liked it. It wasn't the best though.
Yeah dude, really felt like it wasn't finished. Really hoping to not see the spartan team feature again, kind of drove off from what Halo was/is really.
I wanted more Blue team.
I didn't think it was that bad but I think if bungie did it it would be wayyyyyyyyy better like the fight or how 343 made it to where Locke or chief was going to kill each other. Basically 343 threw us off.but I see where your coming from.
It wasn't the worst... I hate cliffhangers. But, I did love that level where you had to slide down the giant Guardian in the beginning as Osiris Team.
aha a'suh
Way too short
Everyone knows that and 99% of us agree...
As I've heard before, its more of an extended Spartan Ops with a Master Chief guest star.
as many others say, i was expecting something different, and the story had a very aggresive argumental turn. it was not bad, but also not so good.
I don't think it was bad but I do think it was the worst story of the halo games (I do not include ODST)

however, I think from a level/gameplay, it was still fun even if the story surrounding it was disappointing and it didn't have as much vehicle sandbox or just iconic moments as previous games did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 24