Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Finally played infection... and its ruined.

OP K R Y P T l C x

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think halo 5 is the best infection. You have limited ammo but weapons scattered about that were excellent against infected so that encourages movement. Halo 4s infection felt like it shouldn't be called infection (I think it was called flood) and halo reaches seemed on the meh side. Halo 5 added a lot of things that complemented infection. Sprinting, charging, and boosting all benefit the infected and the survivors. Plus it's arena style, more like halo 2 and 3 (the roots of infection). It felt like they innovated from the original material instead of throwing in armor abilities and that stuff. Just my 2 cents.
The only problem i have with H5 infection is the sword lunge. its so inconsistent and broken. It makes playing as an infected way more difficult and frustrating than it should be
343 seriously -Yoinked!- up infection.

Infection was never about "oh lets rush the power weapons scattered around the maps and go find the zombies" as it is now, it was about hiding with a pistol and shotgun that had no spare ammo.
The infected were supposed to be hard to run from since they had increased speed etc, now they are a lumbering easy to kill boring mess.
Even halo 4 had better infection and it was horrible.
ummmm...

Infection was never about "oh lets rush the power weapons scattered around the maps and go find the zombies" as it is now, it was about hiding with a pistol and shotgun that had no spare ammo.
The infected were supposed to be hard to run from since they had increased speed etc, now they are a lumbering easy to kill boring mess.
I love current infection. It's one of my favorite gamemodes. You can make your own if you don't like how it is now. It is one of the most popular gamemodes and they don't need to change it because a few REACH diehards don't like it how it is.
For me what ruins Halo 5's Infection is people who quit when they get Infected. Seriously, it happens every game. Why are you playing Infection if you can't handle getting Infected?
They do it for the higher naire chance

Sadly 343i got this mode wrong twice. It's a similar problem in H4 while H2A infection seemed fine.
Not really sure why 343i turned Infection into some sort of action sack type game. It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
I've played my fair share of Halo Reach-Halo 5 Infection, getting a some killionaires, and I'd have to respectfully disagree with your opinion OP. Concerning your very definite view of strategies, there is no one way to play infection, yours apparently being the "campy" playstyle where you find a spot or hunker down with your teammates. I don't think running away from the zombies is ever a good strategy in Halo 5, with the huge lunge range and maps practically made for zombies to wait around the corners. Do you really think the infected are easier to kill in Halo 5 than Reach? With Reach you started with a magnum, and many maps with very long sightlines. I could easily rack up kills in Halo Reach as a survivor, where Halo 5 is much more challenging. Between the close quarter maps, limited ammo, and alpha zombies which don't automatically have aim assist on, I would have to once again disagree.

I personally really enjoy the diverse maps in Halo 5 which are intended to play for infection. The low ammo and no pistol starts really refines the overall experience for both survivors and zombies. Finally, the infinite ammo and increased shields as last man is exhilarating and very fun. As stated before in this thread, Halo Reach was a thrown-together mess of issues. The betrayals, slayer-purposed maps, plenty of ammo for pistol and shotgun, and glitched spots created a horrible time for the zombies, and often boring for survivors. I've played countless frustrating and memorable hours in Halo Reach Infection, but it just doesn't compare. While I'm not a huge fan of the updated Halo 5 maps and new ones, I think the infection experience is the best it has ever been. Don't even get me started on Halo 4's absolute garbage of Infection.
The only thing i don't like about infection is the lunge on the zombies.
The only problem i have with H5 infection is the sword lunge. its so inconsistent and broken. It makes playing as an infected way more difficult and frustrating than it should be
You have to play very smart as an infected player; approach from the sides, from behind, or drop down from a height of sorts. Whenever I hit someone with a zoomed lunge, I habitually descope by pressing "Y" to keep my surroundings in check. Jumping right after infecting someone is also a great rule of thumb as it makes it harder for you to get hit.
Meh, I disagree. Halo 5 Infection feels a lot more hectic and diverse. Past Infection was nothing more than camping in an obscure, often glitched/exploit area for the whole round.
This, and the fact you have little to no ammo and magnum makes the zombies have a chance to kill. I had like 3 matches where people just camped with the Magnum killing everyone and another one where this survivor got up to a point where no one else can get up to.
I liked Reachs infection but I gotta hand it to 343, H5s infection does laps around previous iterations. All we used to do is camp in one spot until the round was over.
ronnie42 wrote:

Sadly 343i got this mode wrong twice. It's a similar problem in H4 while H2A infection seemed fine.
Not really sure why 343i turned Infection into some sort of action sack type game. It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
I and the majority of this thread disagree. Could you please explain how Infection is an "action sack" gamemode?
Quote:
It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
Considering the infected win most of the time, I feel that it helps even the odds a bit. Instead of the randomness of happening to run into a zombie, the zombie and the human can be stealthy to truly earn the kill. Imagine if a deer was deaf and had a very low FoV. They'd be the easiest prey in the world. Now make it able to hear and give it good vision (in this case, add radar), and now you're forced to hunt and earn each kill. Also, if an alpha infected is moving very slow or not moving at all, the invisibility turns off the other player's aim assist, making it very hard to hit with a precision weapon.
Trusssson wrote:
I liked Reachs infection but I gotta hand it to 343, H5s infection does laps around previous iterations. All we used to do is camp in one spot until the round was over.
It would've been a total adrenaline rush in Reach as you couldn't scavenge ammo off dead bodies. Just run away, smash some zombies in the face, and repeat.
ronnie42 wrote:

I and the majority of this thread disagree. Could you please explain how Infection is an "action sack" gamemode?
Quote:
It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
Considering the infected win most of the time, I feel that it helps even the odds a bit. Instead of the randomness of happening to run into a zombie, the zombie and the human can be stealthy to truly earn the kill. Imagine if a deer was deaf and had a very low FoV. They'd be the easiest prey in the world. Now make it able to hear and give it good vision (in this case, add radar), and now you're forced to hunt and earn each kill. Also, if an alpha infected is moving very slow or not moving at all, the invisibility turns off the other player's aim assist, making it very hard to hit with a precision weapon.
On some maps Infected it's nearly impossible to win if dealing with a 'good' team since all they do is spawn, kill with power weapons, the active cameo is practically useless in that mode, stealth is mostly non-existent. There's no reason whatsoever why a human with power weapons even needs to be stealthy whatsoever. Deer?...this is meant to be about surviving with the minimum settings, this is supposed to be infection mode...not Team Slayer or Action Sack. Moving slow or not moving as the Alpha is not remotely useful with the cameo because the average player usually easily sees them in most maps. Crypt is a good example of where players farm kills while the infection are forced to hide from being instant killed by power weapons. Power weapons do not belong in Infection, I'm baffled as to how you wouldn't get that since it's clearly unbalanced.
Meh, I disagree. Halo 5 Infection feels a lot more hectic and diverse. Past Infection was nothing more than camping in an obscure, often glitched/exploit area for the whole round.
Yhea H5 infection is a lot more interesting than in past halo games
I don't mind infection, but the Lunge for it I dislike
No way in the world that Halo 4 Infection abomination is better!!!!

Alpha zombies missing their gravity hammer. The stupid effect giving away the alpha zombies is super stupid.
I like Halo 4 Flood because it's way more fun especially when I play last stand
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Quote:
On some maps Infected it's nearly impossible to win if dealing with a 'good' team since all they do is spawn, kill with power weapons, the active cameo is practically useless in that mode, stealth is mostly non-existent. There's no reason whatsoever why a human with power weapons even needs to be stealthy whatsoever. Deer?...this is meant to be about surviving with the minimum settings, this is supposed to be infection mode...not Team Slayer or Action Sack. Moving slow or not moving as the Alpha is not remotely useful with the cameo because the average player usually easily sees them in most maps. Crypt is a good example of where players farm kills while the infection are forced to hide from being instant killed by power weapons. Power weapons do not belong in Infection, I'm baffled as to how you wouldn't get that since it's clearly unbalanced.
Well good teams with a strategy will always win Infection, no matter the game. They don't spawn kill though. I've played my fair share of infection, and I'm rarely if ever spawn killed. If the active camo was good, the alphas would be extremely OP. This way, it just makes them harder to see and shoot if they're immobile. The infected win most of the time anyways, so I don't see how they're underpowered.

Infection is not supposed to be "surviving with the minimum settings." It's about surving from a growing horde of infected players. Don't add this "minimum settings" BS to fit your agenda. You say that you're baffled that people like power weapons in Infection, but the only reason you provide is that people get spawn killed/farmed by them which rarely happens. Since you won't, I will provide reasons for my side. The power weapons either provide a niche weapon, a precision weapon, or a slight upgrade to your current arsenal. The only 2 weapons I would say don't fit this are the rocket launcher and SAW, which I don't think should be in Infection. It's like CoD zombies where you can purchase better weapons as the battle gets increasingly harder. The weapons also provide variety as the same old pistol/AR and shotgun would get stale a lot faster. Also, as the infected are more powerful, the better weapons help you even the playing field a bit. However, it is not impossible to win without power weapons, so if you want to only use your loadout weapons because you think it's more fun, go right ahead.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Well good teams with a strategy will always win Infection, no matter the game. They don't spawn kill though. I've played my fair share of infection, and I'm rarely if ever spawn killed. If the active camo was good, the alphas would be extremely OP. This way, it just makes them harder to see and shoot if they're immobile. The infected win most of the time anyways, so I don't see how they're underpowered.

Infection is not supposed to be "surviving with the minimum settings." It's about surving from a growing horde of infected players. Don't add this "minimum settings" BS to fit your agenda. You say that you're baffled that people like power weapons in Infection, but the only reason you provide is that people get spawn killed/farmed by them which rarely happens. Since you won't, I will provide reasons for my side. The power weapons either provide a niche weapon, a precision weapon, or a slight upgrade to your current arsenal. The only 2 weapons I would say don't fit this are the rocket launcher and SAW, which I don't think should be in Infection. It's like CoD zombies where you can purchase better weapons as the battle gets increasingly harder. The weapons also provide variety as the same old pistol/AR and shotgun would get stale a lot faster. Also, as the infected are more powerful, the better weapons help you even the playing field a bit. However, it is not impossible to win without power weapons, so if you want to only use your loadout weapons because you think it's more fun, go right ahead.
False, a good team will never win if there stuck in spawn killing phase. Average K/D ratio has nothing to do with it. Infection was always about surviving with the minimum. The active cameo never needs to be perfect but it certainly isn't needed in it's current state. There's literally nothing difficult about killing Alpha's when there not moving on most maps, the infection in H5 is pretty much a joke.

Also the community invented the zombies modes...not 343i, I know for a fact that the original mode was created to try to survive, to avoid the enemy...these days nobody even bothers or cares anymore. Also the infected are just as easy to kill as any other game, it's already easy enough to kill them with standard pistol, assault while spamming power weapons is just ridiculous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3