Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Finally played infection... and its ruined.

OP K R Y P T l C x

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
343 seriously -Yoinked!- up infection.

Infection was never about "oh lets rush the power weapons scattered around the maps and go find the zombies" as it is now, it was about hiding with a pistol and shotgun that had no spare ammo.
The infected were supposed to be hard to run from since they had increased speed etc, now they are a lumbering easy to kill boring mess.
Even halo 4 had better infection and it was horrible.
Sadly 343i got this mode wrong twice. It's a similar problem in H4 while H2A infection seemed fine.
Not really sure why 343i turned Infection into some sort of action sack type game. It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
Well good teams with a strategy will always win Infection, no matter the game. They don't spawn kill though. I've played my fair share of infection, and I'm rarely if ever spawn killed. If the active camo was good, the alphas would be extremely OP. This way, it just makes them harder to see and shoot if they're immobile. The infected win most of the time anyways, so I don't see how they're underpowered.

Infection is not supposed to be "surviving with the minimum settings." It's about surving from a growing horde of infected players. Don't add this "minimum settings" BS to fit your agenda. You say that you're baffled that people like power weapons in Infection, but the only reason you provide is that people get spawn killed/farmed by them which rarely happens. Since you won't, I will provide reasons for my side. The power weapons either provide a niche weapon, a precision weapon, or a slight upgrade to your current arsenal. The only 2 weapons I would say don't fit this are the rocket launcher and SAW, which I don't think should be in Infection. It's like CoD zombies where you can purchase better weapons as the battle gets increasingly harder. The weapons also provide variety as the same old pistol/AR and shotgun would get stale a lot faster. Also, as the infected are more powerful, the better weapons help you even the playing field a bit. However, it is not impossible to win without power weapons, so if you want to only use your loadout weapons because you think it's more fun, go right ahead.
False, a good team will never win if there stuck in spawn killing phase. Average K/D ratio has nothing to do with it. Infection was always about surviving with the minimum. The active cameo never needs to be perfect but it certainly isn't needed in it's current state. There's literally nothing difficult about killing Alpha's when there not moving on most maps, the infection in H5 is pretty much a joke.

Also the community invented the zombies modes...not 343i, I know for a fact that the original mode was created to try to survive, to avoid the enemy...these days nobody even bothers or cares anymore. Also the infected are just as easy to kill as any other game, it's already easy enough to kill them with standard pistol, assault while spamming power weapons is just ridiculous.
Like I said before, spawn killing rarely if ever happens. Did you not read what I wrote? The active camo turns off bullet magnetism and aim assist when you're not moving/moving slowly. This means that you're harder to hit as well as harder to see. However, I do wish they went back to how they had it when Infection was first released in halo 5 where the alpha wasn't detected on the radar when at the BMS. You know you're in the minority when you say that halo 5's infection is a joke, right?

Yes, I know the community made Infection in halo 2, then Bungie polished it up for Halo 3. The original mode was created to survive....and so is Halo 5's iteration. When you go hunting for infected by yourself, you almost always die. I have no idea what game you're playing if you think the point of Infection isn't to survive. Obviously it's not easy to win with power weapons since the infected win most of the time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
343 seriously -Yoinked!- up infection.

Infection was never about "oh lets rush the power weapons scattered around the maps and go find the zombies" as it is now, it was about hiding with a pistol and shotgun that had no spare ammo.
The infected were supposed to be hard to run from since they had increased speed etc, now they are a lumbering easy to kill boring mess.
Even halo 4 had better infection and it was horrible.
Sadly 343i got this mode wrong twice. It's a similar problem in H4 while H2A infection seemed fine.
Not really sure why 343i turned Infection into some sort of action sack type game. It also seems weird that the survivors have radars when they shouldn't be expecting infected, should be careful, even the cloaked infected make little sense since it's useless in Infection.
Like I said before, spawn killing rarely if ever happens. Did you not read what I wrote? The active camo turns off bullet magnetism and aim assist when you're not moving/moving slowly. This means that you're harder to hit as well as harder to see. However, I do wish they went back to how they had it when Infection was first released in halo 5 where the alpha wasn't detected on the radar when at the BMS. You know you're in the minority when you say that halo 5's infection is a joke, right?

Yes, I know the community made Infection in halo 2, then Bungie polished it up for Halo 3. The original mode was created to survive....and so is Halo 5's iteration. When you go hunting for infected by yourself, you almost always die. I have no idea what game you're playing if you think the point of Infection isn't to survive. Obviously it's not easy to win with power weapons since the infected win most of the time.
I've repeatable said this...it depends on the map, it can be pretty brutal. Of course I read what you said...bullet magnetism and aim assist has nothing to do with the active cameo being visible to the average Halo player because it's perfectly visible, even if the the player is not actively moving, no there not that hard to hit...any average player can kill an alpha easily.

Also having a different opinion does NOT make me the minority, you seem to be mistaking your personal believes for facts. Infection in it's current state is ok...just not enough reasons to completely hate it since it's fun in it's own way...just isn't a good Infection mode. Halo 5's version is in no way about trying to survive...it's more about who can get the most infected kills before losing life, seriously how often do you see people hiding?, sure some hide but a majority of people want to find an open area to just spam BR/Pistol so the infected can't get near them, it's the same with power weapons, yes it's pretty easy to dominate with power weapons but at the same time anyone can make mistakes in Infection to get them killed. I've seen Action Sack games that were quite similar, yet there not even Infection game-types,
It's better than Halo 4's infection. It's kind of neck and neck with Reach, and definitely better than Halo 3's though they're all good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3