Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Firefight definitely has its toxic people.

OP G Bomb v1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
There are groups of people who are grinding in Firefight who will go out of their way to knock people out of their vehicles, destroy their vehicles, and betray teammates so they can get a higher XP grinding. I've seen it multiple times. It's really sad.
Yeah, it's not good. I'm not completely positive, but I think blocking still works in FF so it might be one option to try.
have had people knock me out of my vehicles then destroy them, those people should be forced to spend real world money to gift me a new req pack as compensation. Imagine how fast this anti social rubbish would stop then
Try to play with a team, that's the best way. And if you have communication is better, when I have a team of 6,7 and some troll do this things of betrayal or hit with vehicles, some of my friends spawns a phaeton and destroy that vehicle, as easy as that.
I've not experienced anyone trying to knock me out of a vehicle, but I have been intentionally splattered in the Intermission phase. Quite annoying if you've still got plenty of ammo in a decent weapon. You can just go to their gamercard after the match and block them so that you won't be matched with them again.
My wife had this last night. Someone in a Banshee was constantly trying to flip her ghost when there was the Phantom boss on Raid on Apex 7. Naturally, I did the only thing I could do, and made my splattering of him later on look like an accident.
Betraying one's own teammates to gain in XP... pathetic...
If I was considering trying Halo 5 firefight... I'm not now.
My wife had this last night. Someone in a Banshee was constantly trying to flip her ghost when there was the Phantom boss on Raid on Apex 7. Naturally, I did the only thing I could do, and made my splattering of him later on look like an accident.
Fair enough... Playing a firefight match with a bunch of random people with no oversight means sludge is bound to creep into the game... its all about me... I'm here for My own goals and you are all meatsheilds to my glory... that's their attitude... honestly, its depressing.
I had an -Yoink- splatter me with a ghost today, and he did it intentionally as I found out when he missed me multiple times. He didn’t even feel bad or anything because he went on about his day afterwards. I didn’t get revenge because he’s worthless to me, so I won’t even spare him the reaction or do anything to let him know that his silly games mean absolutely nothing and that he’s doing it for no reason at all.
Shepard761 wrote:
Betraying one's own teammates to gain in XP... pathetic...
If I was considering trying Halo 5 firefight... I'm not now.
They dont do it just for that, some players do it because they can't beat you fair, so they need to kill you for win in score. This happened to me a lot when I used to play a lot of solo FF. I remember in one match in temple one person destroyed my 4 vehicles because I was winning all matches vs him in that day, but always I find him in arena I shot his random dead body for him to remember what he did :P. One very know youtuber did something similar for the same reason, I don't know if he is in the forums but I don't care
I've not experienced anyone trying to knock me out of a vehicle, but I have been intentionally splattered in the Intermission phase. Quite annoying if you've still got plenty of ammo in a decent weapon. You can just go to their gamercard after the match and block them so that you won't be matched with them again.
This was a good solution back in the day, no longer. Now unless all the players block the problem player he could be in your next game! Do like I did and spawn a raith tank and boost and physically block for a couple rounds. They will not get the boost in XP that is desired, and believe me will not want to match with you again! isn't that nice.
G Bomb v1 wrote:
There are groups of people who are grinding in Firefight who will go out of their way to knock people out of their vehicles, destroy their vehicles, and betray teammates so they can get a higher XP grinding. I've seen it multiple times. It's really sad.
I don't get it. How does that help to get a higher XP? If you splatter a fellow spartan or destroy their vehicle and as a result you don't win the match, how will that help to reach a higher XP?

That said, I been splattered on multiple occasions before. Most of these times, i assumed it was accidental, or just recklessness on the part of the driver. However, I do remember a time when it was obviously deliberate - cause I kept dodging and they kept coming back for me until i was splattered to pieces.

Also, I've seen teammates shooting at each other - which seemed to be playful, as gun fire from a fellow spartan has no effect. The one that has effect (that I've noticed) is when a wraith smashes into a ghost, and destroys the ghost. Don't know of other spartan on spartan vehicular destruction.

lastly, I seen spartans come out of their vehicle, destroy it before going into the REQ centre to draw another vehicle. Why destroy it, when some else could use it? There was a time I realised I was the only good vehicle (round of kill 25 ghosts or so) out so I got out of the wraith and requisitioned another from the REQ store. and I could see someone else happily driving my 1st wraith away. made it easier for us to finish the round.
I had an -Yoink- splatter me with a ghost today, and he did it intentionally as I found out when he missed me multiple times. He didn’t even feel bad or anything because he went on about his day afterwards. I didn’t get revenge because he’s worthless to me, so I won’t even spare him the reaction or do anything to let him know that his silly games mean absolutely nothing and that he’s doing it for no reason at all.
What I like to do is run at them and try to get them to do it again so that I get to boot them, no team killer? No problem! But yeah I hate when people suddenly feel a desire to murder me when I kill the Legendary Hunter first, too slow dude! Why are you taking your anger out on your teammates?
G Bomb v1 wrote:
You are just now discovering this? It's been going on for a very long time.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yeah, it's not good. I'm not completely positive, but I think blocking still works in FF so it might be one option to try.
Nope. It's pretty useless, 343 NEEDS to turn it back on.
Shepard761 wrote:
Fair enough... Playing a firefight match with a bunch of random people with no oversight means sludge is bound to creep into the game... its all about me... I'm here for My own goals and you are all meatsheilds to my glory... that's their attitude... honestly, its depressing.
Funny thing, when I see it happening I start standing back and watching. I have yet to see these "heroes" win all five rounds when they try to act like the zeroes that they really are. I ain't your bullet magnet so you can do your thing, lol, see how you like it...they don't.
RulerOTW wrote:
G Bomb v1 wrote:
I don't get it. How does that help to get a higher XP? If you splatter a fellow spartan or destroy their vehicle and as a result you don't win the match, how will that help to reach a higher XP?

That said, I been splattered on multiple occasions before. Most of these times, i assumed it was accidental, or just recklessness on the part of the driver. However, I do remember a time when it was obviously deliberate - cause I kept dodging and they kept coming back for me until i was splattered to pieces.

Also, I've seen teammates shooting at each other - which seemed to be playful, as gun fire from a fellow spartan has no effect. The one that has effect (that I've noticed) is when a wraith smashes into a ghost, and destroys the ghost. Don't know of other spartan on spartan vehicular destruction.

lastly, I seen spartans come out of their vehicle, destroy it before going into the REQ centre to draw another vehicle. Why destroy it, when some else could use it? There was a time I realised I was the only good vehicle (round of kill 25 ghosts or so) out so I got out of the wraith and requisitioned another from the REQ store. and I could see someone else happily driving my 1st wraith away. made it easier for us to finish the round.
It's all very inexplicable. Ever get you wraith or scorpion pushed forward and used as a shield or to get you out of their way? Come back in another, and do it back to them, they hate what they gave, bit it's only fair if they're the ones doing it, the initiators. Or the chuckler that targets their hog directly into your own hog? I don't get that.

I'm not fond of the shooting at each other thing. Especially the ground pounds or spartan smash's while using requisites or attempting to use them.

People that destroy their now ex vehicle are either doing it to prevent a troll from getting it, so they can be the only ones to selfishly get all the kills so the lower requisites cannot catch up, or in my case to prevent intentional fratricide. I used to plant ghosts where people could see and take for themselves, until they some had to ruin it for everyone else by taking those ghosts and betray those that gave it to them. Because of that, I make sure know one can do it ever again and place any type of vehicle out of way or destroy near where I spawn on purpose.
G Bomb v1 wrote:
Try playing with friends to reduce the number of randoms in your game. I usually play with a full fireteam or close to it. You'll be less likely to run into people like that.
What I like to do is run at them and try to get them to do it again so that I get to boot them, no team killer? No problem! But yeah I hate when people suddenly feel a desire to murder me when I kill the Legendary Hunter first, too slow dude! Why are you taking your anger out on your teammates?
I actually never thought of that....was it really that simple all along? Dude, that would make me giggle with glee if someone was to have a sudden case of road rage with me, thank you for letting me know that!
I actually never thought of that....was it really that simple all along? Dude, that would make me giggle with glee if someone was to have a sudden case of road rage with me, thank you for letting me know that!
Always happy to help a fellow Spartan in need :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2