Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Firefight is Boring

OP lll SURGE lll

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I had such high hopes that the objectives would give excellent variety to the game, and that the same game would not be experienced twice, but I was soooooo wrong.

I've played about 6 games now and have had nearly identical matches every time.
Stage 1: Kill a few minor AI and try to hit lvl3 reqs
Stage 2: Kill a few more minor AI with maybe a couple minor bosses
Stage 3: Resist am onslaught of ground attackers weakly attempting to take the garage, or some airborne attackers over the garage.
Stage 4: Kill a few heavier bosses that rollover for whomever breaks out a wraith or tank.
Stage 5: Kill 3 to 5 major bosses including some mythic guys. They lay down for the guys with the ultra wraiths and tanks.

That's it. The types of bosses vary, but it's simple and easy every single time. In and out in 15 minutes or less.

I guess it's extremely limited on content because it's the beta? Are there additional objectives coming in the future? I hope so!

Anyone have a different opinion?
I agree with what youve said, i think vehicle reqs shouldnt be allowed, that would make this beta instantly more interesting for me.

taking down 3 mythic wardens should be hard and epic, but sadly 4 tanks just shot at them from miles away so it was just boring for me standing round pretending im doing something haha as i dont want to waste tank reqs against AI.

I totally think vehicles are what is making the bosses too easy.
I also agree. I noticed that one tank came in and the game was already over. Boring and repetitive, Does not feel "action packed" Or that the mythic tier of bosses are strong. Mythic warden = warden with extra health wooo.

-Cap Vehicle Tiers, Tanks Only aloud if Ai can get something that can actually destroy tanks.
-Make Waves feels Come at Constanly
-Buff Enemys and Amounts
-Include Marines with their own spawns.
-Make it more like tug of war with points to reach, not objective here and go find/F*** yourself on the next obj
It is a beta after all, and they're looking for your feedback. Maybe put your opinions in the "Official WZ Firefight thread" instead of here....
  1. Go to Google
  2. Search beta definition
It's no ODST firefight, but it's fun. It suits halo 5 well.
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
  1. Go to Google
It is a beta after all, and they're looking for your feedback. Maybe put your opinions in the "Official WZ Firefight thread" instead of here....
Answer to all Firefight issue topics.
I find it fun, but that's just me.
It`s alright I guess but yeah it gets boring after a while, but remember that it`s a beta and a Objective focused version of Firefight, not survival :S
which objectives are you speaking of? At least say what you expected?
If it's going to stay 5 rounds, get rid of the reqs all together. It was way too easy last night with a group of randoms to get through. I would like to see the rounds goto 50 and get impossible like GoW...to me horde mode was absolutely perfect. You really needed to coordinate and play like a team. Every 10th round was a ridiculous boss battle and I feel like that oh -Yoink- moment is completely missing from this beta. Hopefully they make some huge adjustments before this is released
Its boring because its so easy. Stupid decision to make it so easy.
I had such high hopes that the objectives would give excellent variety to the game, and that the same game would not be experienced twice, but I was soooooo wrong.

I've played about 6 games now and have had nearly identical matches every time.
Stage 1: Kill a few minor AI and try to hit lvl3 reqs
Stage 2: Kill a few more minor AI with maybe a couple minor bosses
Stage 3: Resist am onslaught of ground attackers weakly attempting to take the garage, or some airborne attackers over the garage.
Stage 4: Kill a few heavier bosses that rollover for whomever breaks out a wraith or tank.
Stage 5: Kill 3 to 5 major bosses including some mythic guys. They lay down for the guys with the ultra wraiths and tanks.

That's it. The types of bosses vary, but it's simple and easy every single time. In and out in 15 minutes or less.

I guess it's extremely limited on content because it's the beta? Are there additional objectives coming in the future? I hope so!

Anyone have a different opinion?
I feel the same way. Hopefully they will improve it for the final launch.
sniper945 wrote:
It's no ODST firefight, but it's fun. It suits halo 5 well.
SCRIPT V7 wrote:
  1. Go to Google
i have to disagree with you & agree with them.
after all, it isn't what we're gonna get, of course it get's boring quickly,
because there's only one map to play on & the options are limited.

i've read that we will play the final warzone firefight on 7 different maps,
those we already have & apparentely on those which are yet to be released.
i can already imagine what possibilities the current maps could offer in WZFF,
not talking about those which get probably released with the upcoming updates.

so, to you & everyone else who's skeptic about WZ FF,
i'd advise you to visit the officiall feedback thread & leave them
some neat ideas to improve & otherwise just try to enjoy what we have or simply avoid it.

it'd be ridicoulous starting a heated debate about a beta IMO.
This. They will probably only read the official thread.
Hi -

Unfortunately I have to ask that you repost in English as we are not equipped to handle other languages at this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tienen toda la razón es que algunas personas mejoren los an criticado referente al tema
Hi -

Unfortunately I have to ask that you repost in English as we are not equipped to handle other languages at this time.

me la pelan el grupo
Hi -

tu y cuantos mas
I'm just grinding the beta for commendations and req points.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2