Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Firefight NEEDS to be "nerfed"

OP a smelly kitten

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Here's the deal. 343 is monitoring game data, and is gonna see the win rates for Firefight. When considering how hard WZFF should be, they're going to look at the overall picture. They're going to think about the average player.

People reading this post: There's a very good chance you are better than the average player. Regardless of how well YOU do in WZFF, the average player should be able to win AT LEAST half their games. I don't have facts or hard numbers for you, but based on what I've seen and experienced, win rates are not very high. The average player struggles with this gametype. Of course, I can't prove anything, I have a limited perspective, and I have no hard facts to back up anything I am saying. I'm just very confident 343 is going to see very low win rates overall. The data will speak for itself.

Think about it though. If SOME of us on waypoint, people that are above average players, have difficulty winning a game, how do you think people below us are doing? They ought to be getting destroyed consistently. They probably think WZFF is a bag of poo. At the minimum, they'll play for the gold packs and then get out.

If you care about this game, and want a community around to support it, more people need to enjoy playing it. WZFF is going to appear too difficult and not be fun for the average player. Playing match after match of hopeless defeat, people are going to get tired of it. Seriously, a co-op PvE mode should not be more stressful than other more competitive warzone modes.

343 will likely make adjustments to "nerf" WZFF, and they should. They would change a few encounters, not completely nerf the whole thing. They would dial back the respawn wait time a little, not back to 5 or so seconds across the board. Don't lash out at changes like this. 343 needs to make an enjoyable game. Though YOU may not see need for change based on your experience, you should think about other people playing this gametype.
I enjoyed it as well as the multiple players I played with tonight. I like it the way it is.
I enjoyed it as well as the multiple players I played with tonight. I like it the way it is.
Like I said, just because you have a fine time with it, doesn't mean everyone else is. Think about the average player.
I don't think it needs nerfing at all, the only thing I want changing is the Mantis that spawns in the base on Sanctum. It is a real challenge and it forces people to work as a team and it severely punished the impatient and reckless players who think they will win by throwing their body onto the problem enough times. The win rates may not be high, but if you could look at the averages of the rounds reached, I think it will be high up there. In time, people are going to work out the key points and weaknesses, and WZ FF is going to get a lot easier. I am an average player, I am exceptionally average and I love the challenge that this mode gives, it is the most fun I have had on Halo 5 since release.
I don't think it needs nerfing at all, the only thing I want changing is the Mantis that spawns in the base on Sanctum. It is a real challenge and it forces people to work as a team and it severely punished the impatient and reckless players who think they will win by throwing their body onto the problem enough times. The win rates may not be high, but if you could look at the averages of the rounds reached, I think it will be high up there. In time, people are going to work out the key points and weaknesses, and WZ FF is going to get a lot easier. I am an average player, I am exceptionally average and I love the challenge that this mode gives, it is the most fun I have had on Halo 5 since release.
You have a 2.55 K/D. I don't think you are an exceptionally average player. Not even close to average. Just sayin.
It's ok as it is right now
I don't think they should nerf it. I think a better idea would just be to make a easier version for people who just want a casual experience.
Like hell it does. It's perfect.
Promethean's need to be nerfed, also it's not even real difficulty the map is slammed with enemies that soak up bullets it's artificial difficulty. I'm never going to have 8 people to play it with so it should be winnable with bad kid randoms.
It's ok as it is right now
Though you may not see need for change based on your experience, you should think about other people playing this gametype.
Difficulty is close to perfect but re-spawns needs to be looked at. 3min objective timer and a 30sec respawn just no. Also who at 343 decided a 100% accuracy on AI was a good choice? I'm getting spawned camped by a computer.
Most of the time I think it's fine, but as people have pointed out in other threads sometimes they come out with a little too much force too early, before we have the firepower to actually do anything about it. Was playing Skirmish At Darkstar and the first round had Phaeton's. We're trying to bring them down with AR and Pistols but it just wasn't happening. It's the only game I've played where we didn't get to at least the 4th round. In this case we lost in the first round.
I don't think they should nerf it. I think a better idea would just be to make a easier version for people who just want a casual experience.
That'd be solid.
What they should nerf is how much damage the Ai does. Three shots from a ranger commander and you're done for. The Ai can be as smart as they want, they can spam watchers and make us think more tactical and be more intelligent, they can throw my plasma grenades back in my face. But one thing I will not tolerate is the damn ranger commander
Difficulty is close to perfect but re-spawns needs to be looked at. 3min objective timer and a 30sec respawn just no. Also who at 343 decided a 100% accuracy on AI was a good choice? I'm getting spawned camped by a computer.
then when you do eventually respawn you're 3 miles away from the action, Also whats with a round starting and the boss or wave hasn't shown up yet? I mean c'mon the timer starts ticking down and the enemies haven't arrived yet, that ain't right those precious few seconds are wasted.
then when you do eventually respawn you're 3 miles away from the action, Also whats with a round starting and the boss or wave hasn't shown up yet? I mean c'mon the timer starts ticking down and the enemies haven't arrived yet, that ain't right those precious few seconds are wasted.
Yeah, that happened to my team in a game. We waited over a minute for the next wave to arrive but we managed to beat them with seconds to spare.
You have a 2.55 K/D. I don't think you are an exceptionally average player. Not even close to average. Just sayin.
Please, feel free to browse through my service record. I am an average player, at best... probably below-average. I still love the game, and thoroughly enjoyed Warzone Firefight tonight. They definitely do not need to "nerf" anything about it, my friend. The overall challenge is terrific, and the sense of accomplishment when you do win one makes it all worth it!
I think the difficulty is pretty spot on honestly. A lot of the fun is the sheer challenge in facing down so many enemies. I'd be fine if they nerfed things a little bit, but I'd definitely be a good deal disappointed if they hit things too hard.
Like I said, just because you have a fine time with it, doesn't mean everyone else is. Think about the average player.
My stats are worse than yours and I still think firefight is fine. Besides, majority of the responders here say they like the way it is. So yea, the average player does like firefight at its current state.
My stats are worse than yours and I still think firefight is fine. Besides, majority of the responders here say they like the way it is. So yea, the average player does like firefight at its current state.
I concur with this statement. I consider myself an average player. Give it time OP. The first couple of games I was shellshocked, but got over it and even won a game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2