Firefight Warzone

OP tH3M4niAx3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3's Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 12 Spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they "bleed out" and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental... or intentional... team killing.

*Addition: Idea suggested by LordHood305 :Aside from base defense, Firefigth Warzone would have a survival mode in which the players would survive wave after wave if increasingly difficult enemies. Skulls like Tough Luck, Catch, Thunderstorm and Mythic would activate with each successful wave reached, much like classic Firefight in ODST.
Very well written and well thought out post. Only concern I would have is the amount of enemies 12 Spartans could handle might be too much. Maybe just 8 or 6?
Zyronin wrote:
Very well written and well thought out post. Only concern I would have is the amount of enemies 12 Spartans could handle might be too much. Maybe just 8 or 6?
The 12 spartans wouldn't be grouped together. They would have to cover 3 separate bases over a large map. 4 spartans at each base.
Hmmm i like it. The only thing that i would hope for is that maybe we could start at a higher req level. Maybe 3 or 4 with no resets as the enemy difficulty would increase, it would be nice to have access to the higher level weapons and vehicles. And maybe two fireteams of 4 spartans to allow for alot more enemies on the battlefield. And maybe the option to either just 4 team members or play it solo.
T MONEY317 wrote:
Hmmm i like it. The only thing that i would hope for is that maybe we could start at a higher req level. Maybe 3 or 4 with no resets as the enemy difficulty would increase, it would be nice to have access to the higher level weapons and vehicles. And maybe two fireteams of 4 spartans to allow for alot more enemies on the battlefield. And maybe the option to either just 4 team members or play it solo.
That's a pretty good suggestion. Fewer spartans, but more enemies. However, on a current warzone map, 8 spartans wouldn't be enough to cover all 3 bases given the space between them. They would have no marine NPC fire support either. It would be the spartans alone. However, I do like the idea of being able to go it alone. Instead of 3 bases you would have to just defend one plus the home base should the outpost fall. Interesting.
Also, the req levels reset on every 11th round to prevent the players from just constantly calling up Scorpions or ONI Warthogs or Banshee Ultras and just easy modeing the whole match.
Bump, only because Halo 5 really needs something like this.
Why not req leveling up as you get kills and resetting after using energy points like it is now? Req levels could move slower to balance out everyone getting tanks. Also we could have two versions of warzone firefight one just survival and one base defense...
Why not req leveling up as you get kills and resetting after using energy points like it is now? Req levels could move slower to balance out everyone getting tanks. Also we could have two versions of warzone firefight one just survival and one base defense...
Well, yeah, your req energy would recharge as you scored kills. But, the level of the req's would be limited to which round it was to prevent one guy scoring a ton of kills and pulling out an ONI Scorpion or Banshee Ultra and just dominating the rest of the match unchallenged by the NPCs. The biggest guns would be saved for the biggest level with the highest challenge. And that is the real point, keeping it a challenge.

Also, I like that survival mode idea. Very inspired.
Hopefully the NPCs have their own wraiths and power weapons to challenge along with bosses every wave. Haha yea survival mode starts with 12 players with 8lives each sounds like a lot of lives but it's infinite waves coming at you so team numbers will drop. Also we should get boost cards for lives like we do with XP and RP for example, common gets you two extra lives and say a legendary gets you like a extra 7 lives...
This is brilliant. I clean way to bring to shine some light on our old firefight. I do miss firefight, but with Warzone and the REQ system this might work beautifully. I hope 343 reads this and takes some ideas into consideration.
I will support any PVE Warzone/Firefight/Invasion idea until 343 make it a reality.
Hopefully the NPCs have their own wraiths and power weapons to challenge along with bosses every wave. Haha yea survival mode starts with 12 players with 8lives each sounds like a lot of lives but it's infinite waves coming at you so team numbers will drop. Also we should get boost cards for lives like we do with XP and RP for example, common gets you two extra lives and say a legendary gets you like a extra 7 lives...
I don't know about the extra lives during each round. I like it where each player has one life and if they get too badly hurt they get "downed" like they do in campaign and your teammates have to revive you. This way players can't stack lives. They have to survive, keep each other alive and work together. And even then, 8 lives is quite a bit. I would rather see it be more like 3 lives to start with and maybe they could earn one or two extra every 10 rounds. That way there is little chance of life stacking and keeps the game a serious challenge.
Zyronin wrote:
Personally I think it should be like the old school Firefight mode, where teams can be small, or you can even play alone.
Zyronin wrote:
Personally I think it should be like the old school Firefight mode, where teams can be small, or you can even play alone.
Why not have both? Standard Firefight and Firefight Warzone. The more the game has to offer the better it will be.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Zyronin wrote:
Why not have both? Standard Firefight and Firefight Warzone. The more the game has to offer the better it will be.
I have nothing against having both, but at the current point in time I'd prioritise the standard set up, given that there's absolutely no PvE mode that can be played truly alone (campaign is the closest and svn that stick you with AI teammates).
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Zyronin wrote:
I have nothing against having both, but at the current point in time I'd prioritise the standard set up, given that there's absolutely no PvE mode that can be played truly alone (campaign is the closest and svn that stick you with AI teammates).
True. But we already have Warzone and it has AI and NPCs set up for it. It would be better if they established the bigger game mode first then focused on the smaller one.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Zyronin wrote:
True. But we already have Warzone and it has AI and NPCs set up for it. It would be better if they established the bigger game mode first then focused on the smaller one.
I don't see why they can't use the current Warzone set up for both.
Wow, this would be a lot of fun!
This idea has been mentioned here dozens of times since the game launched. As I mentioned in my recent thread about getting realistic, this seems farfetched for this game. You can look there for my reasons why. Hopefully in Halo 6.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4