Firefight Warzone

OP tH3M4niAx3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Would really like to see this, I wonder if 343 ever read these forum posts, cause this is a great idea
YES. We absolutely need firefight. Me loves me some firefight. But then it would be too easy to complete commendations.
Your ideas are very well detailed op but I'll have to suggest a change in the number of
Spartan and it's gamemode.
In order to have a fully thinking AI in this gamemode that really can be a threat after a couple of waves, the number of players has to decrease, personally I'm fine with a 4 player fireteam this will force team to be strategic otherwise the team of 12 or even 8 will be running around because there are so many spartans that nothing is a threat.
And as much I like arena and competitive gamemodes this has has to be team only no versus this is a gamemode that offers relieve from the pressure of playing against a player we already have warzone that is pve-pvp mash we need a gamemode that is pve onlyaside from campaign.
This idea has been mentioned here dozens of times since the game launched. As I mentioned in my recent thread about getting realistic, this seems farfetched for this game. You can look there for my reasons why. Hopefully in Halo 6.
You reasons are mostly nay-saying bogged down with negativity and disenchantment. A game type like this is very much possible. Even then, Halo 5 has only been out for 3 months. There is still much that can be done.
Sounds fun, good idea.
VVarrioR L wrote:
Your ideas are very well detailed op but I'll have to suggest a change in the number of
Spartan and it's gamemode.
In order to have a fully thinking AI in this gamemode that really can be a threat after a couple of waves, the number of players has to decrease, personally I'm fine with a 4 player fireteam this will force team to be strategic otherwise the team of 12 or even 8 will be running around because there are so many spartans that nothing is a threat.
And as much I like arena and competitive gamemodes this has has to be team only no versus this is a gamemode that offers relieve from the pressure of playing against a player we already have warzone that is pve-pvp mash we need a gamemode that is pve onlyaside from campaign.
Well, remember, the spartans aren't going to be grouped together. They are going to be spread out across 3 separate bases on a fairly large map, isolating them into teams of 4. Running around the map will leave your bases vulnerable and they will not be able to properly defend them. If they lose all of their bases their home base becomes vulnerable and can be overrun as the NPCs will now only have one point to focus on.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
This idea has been mentioned here dozens of times since the game launched. As I mentioned in my recent thread about getting realistic, this seems farfetched for this game. You can look there for my reasons why. Hopefully in Halo 6.
You reasons are mostly nay-saying bogged down with negativity and disenchantment. A game type like this is very much possible. Even then, Halo 5 has only been out for 3 months. There is still much that can be done.
My reason is simple: realism. This game type is possible, sure, but definitely not "very much possible". We only get free updates through June. Firefight is at least a several month project. There has been no indication of any work on a firefight mode, and by now such a big project would have been leaked (as Forge was).

Firefight is also a massive project that requires LOTS of work. Work that, in my opinion and the opinions of many others, should first be put into PvP playlists. PvE playlists, while a personal pleasure of mine, are NOT as popular as the PvP playlists that are currently missing. In addition, the same time taken to develop a firefight mode could probably be used to develop several PvP playlists. 343 should not spend their time catering to the desires of a minority, in my opinion.
Maybe the bases could act as checkpoints. Since there's 12 Spartans, maybe split off into 3 groups of 4 and capture 2 bases each from NPCs, and in the middle is an arena of sorts where the remaining Spartans will have to fight a big boss, whether it be 3 wardens *cringe* or a scarab.

The scope of this is pretty big and may not be possible on the Xbox One, but it'd be pretty cool if they could pull it off.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
My reason is simple: realism. This game type is possible, sure, but definitely not "very much possible". We only get free updates through June. Firefight is at least a several month project. There has been no indication of any work on a firefight mode, and by now such a big project would have been leaked (as Forge was).

Firefight is also a massive project that requires LOTS of work. Work that, in my opinion and the opinions of many others, should first be put into PvP playlists. PvE playlists, while a personal pleasure of mine, are NOT as popular as the PvP playlists that are currently missing. In addition, the same time taken to develop a firefight mode could probably be used to develop several PvP playlists. 343 should not spend their time catering to the desires of a minority, in my opinion.
PvE not as popular as the PvP? Then how come so many people are asking for Firefight or something other than just campaign to play? You want to talk about realism, the reality is people want an in-depth, challenging PvE mode so they can take a break from the PvP. Hence why something like my idea is needed for Halo 5 and all future Halos. Yes, it will require some work, but if they community supports it enough and draws enough attention, the developers will notice and get working on it. Stuff only get's leaked when the company feels like leaking it. There is no big spy community that sneaks their way into development companies and pilfers their secrets to leak to the world. They probably are working on it but it is still in its early stages. When they are ready to say something about it, they will.

As for the topic of fixing the PvP play lists, that takes less than a week to resolve. All the PvP play lists need are more modes of play, casual un-ranked version of the current ranked modes and tweaking to the matchmaking system to properly place players with others of similar rank and skill level. You make it seem like PvP is this massive undertaking to fix when it's really not. They already have the fundamentals down for Halo 5, just a few additional play modes will fix the majority of the problems and dissatisfaction with PvP.

However, PvE is what gives a game replayability and keeps players entertained because, frankly, they can only tolerate so much PvP before they need a break mode to just chill out, hang with friends and blast some aliens. Campaign is okay, but a Firefight Warzone would be much, much better. Those who want PvE are far from a minority. If anything, they are the same players who enjoy PvP. There is no PvP or PvE crowd. They are one in the same. And to call those who like PvE a minority is an insult to all Halo players everywhere. Halo CE started off as primarily a PvE game, thus PvE is the root of Halo.
YES. We absolutely need firefight. Me loves me some firefight. But then it would be too easy to complete commendations.
Some perhaps, but not all. You'd knock out the NPC ones, but the weapon commendations can only be completed by defeating other players in PvP.
Brilliant idea! Only if 343 would work on something like this! I miss the old days were you could jump onto firefight with a few mates and mess about
I like this concept, but I wouldn't give people one life a round. Let people respawn as per usual and up the amount of enemies in the game. This would be an awesome game type!
Dude that sounds awesome, I've always loved PVE!
Maybe the map with the garage in the middle could have a phantom fly over and drop off troops like Halo 2 via grav lift. Just a small feature that would increase the difficulty of holding a base.
It will never work. Everyone will complain of too many assists. There won't be enough enemies and there will be too many spartans
I'm digging it. I loved Firefight, but combining it with an objective like defending the base core makes it even more interesting.
Not a fan of the 1 life per round or even a set number of lives per match; maybe only if it was like a skull (something u can pick to add to make harder). It's a legit concept used by many games but it reminds me of what I hated about the MCC halo 2 legendary campaign. If my team is alive and can get to safety I should respawn, its just how halo works. The revive idea I like, I mean they added the damn feature in single-coop campaign so why not use it more. Again most of the stuff could be used like skulls so they can have these features but not always be required.

To expand on one persons idea: they could make "Arena Firefight" and "Warzone Firefight"
Arena style would be smaller maps (if not just the MP maps) and just enemy spawns, similar to survivor in CODAW. Random weapon spawns on map and whatever enemies drop, otherwise you just start with normal starting weapons. Maybe have skulls, but otherwise just bare-bones, more for practice on maps than anything else. Max of 4 players.

Warzone style would be larger maps with objectives and more features the players can control before starting. The Req system would still be a part but rather than using req cards its just as if you already had every card/unlimited numbers, just need a vehicle limit so if it was like 12 people you didn't have everyone decide that there should be 12 banshees flying around. Maybe this one could have like 8 players, but if you have a fireteam of less you can choose to do it privately handicapped. Also there would be RvB easter eggs on each map because that was the best part of Spartan Ops....THE ARMOR IT DOES NOTHING!
Good ideas! Personally, I would love if there was no last round, and the team can go as far as possible. Only thing is, everyone gets just one life! :o It would really increase the challenge and the amount of necessary teamwork involved in the game and people would be more cautious with their actions and REQ's for the situation!
I'm okay with this, though I personally would prefer something I can play in customs with my friends. That said, if you want to go with 8 or 12 players, you'd almost need to split them into fireteams and give them different objectives (e.g. team A protect this base, Team B protect this one). Personally, I'd like to see a mode with shifting objectives to keep you on your toes.
tH3M4niAx3 wrote:
Firefight Warzone: Similar to Gears of War 3's Horde mode, it would consist of one team of 12 spartans. They would have to defend 3 bases against wave after wave of NPC enemies for 50 waves. Players would have access to their Requisitions Via the Req Stations in each base. The level of reqs the players have access to would increase with each successful round the team survives. Example: Round 1, level 1 reqs available, Round 2 level 2 reqs available, etc, up till round 11 when the req level resets back to level 1 and enemy difficulty increases. Round 10 will see multiple legendary quality bosses spawn and attack the bases along with their minions thus dubbing it the Boss Round. Should the players lose control over all 3 bases, their home base core becomes exposed and the NPCs will begin storming the base attempting to destroy it. At which point the players must get back to their home base to hold off the attackers and defend the core. Control of the bases is not restored to the players until they reach an 11th wave. If the players manage to survive until the 11th wave, their home base core defenses are restored. However, any damage dealt to the core remains and does not recover.

Players get one life per round. If they die, they have to wait until their team manages to win the round and they respawn. However, players are not killed instantly and are merely downed and can be revived by teammates, just like in campaign mode, and have 45 seconds to be revived or else they "bleed out" and die.

RP and XP are rewarded for both loss and victory in Warzone Firefight. Amount of RP and XP yielded is dependent upon the highest wave reached. Reach wave 10, get 1000 XP and RP, 2000 for wave 20, 3000 for wave 30, 4000 for wave 40 and 5000 for wave 50, plus bonuses added on for number of kills, medals, teammate revives, waves survived without dying and boss/legendary take downs, about 5-10 extra points for each.

If the entire team is killed or the core is destroyed the game is over. NPCs take over bases by destroying generators inside the base. With each lost base, more enemies will spawn on the map the next round at the conquered base. Generator health is not restored upon completion of a wave and only restores once an 11th round is reached and control of the bases is restored to the players.

In between each round, players will have 40 seconds of prep time to get ready and get to their positions. 4 spartans will initially spawn at each base. There will be no NPC Marine support. Defense of the bases is completely up to the players. Friendly fire will be turned off to avoid accidental... or intentional... team killing.

*Addition: Idea suggested by LordHood305 :Aside from base defense, Firefigth Warzone would have a survival mode in which the players would survive wave after wave if increasingly difficult enemies. Skulls like Tough Luck, Catch, Thunderstorm and Mythic would activate with each successful wave reached, much like classic Firefight in ODST.
so, Gears Of War? I dont come so often to this forums cuz Gears is what i am.

And i agreed with your idea, in Gears you play horde up to 5 players.....the maps arent as big as halo, due mechanics and sort off....the bleed out of time is what makes Gears unique.....12 Spartans could handle might be too much. Maybe just 5?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4