Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

First in the world to get 100% Medal Completion!

OP The DA0

Hello Spartans, Dao here

This is the post I've been waiting to make now that I just completed my last medal in order to become the FIRST in the world to get all Halo 5 Multiplayer Medals in matchmaking!

I acquired "The Cure" medal yesterday and another one shortly after while grinding in infection.

There still are 2 medals (Triple Threat & Buzzer Beater) that aren't registered but only because they've been glitched since the game's release. However, I've recorded my successful attempts at meeting the requirements for these medals through recorded clips as proof of my 100% completion. If you've managed to get one of these medals and have proof of it on your waypoint profile, I challenge you to show off what can be considered the rarest medals in the game.

This was quite fun to try and hunt down all these medals. I wanted to acquire them all fairly and honestly, so I recorded every single (what I considered to be) hard-to-get medal after I got them.

"The Cure" was tough, but I think the one I was sweating over the most was "Smooth Moves", which was getting a triple kill with the oddball. Not three kills spread out, no. A triple kill. Sounds easy right? Nope. As the Oddball carrier, you are public enemy number one. Even with an overshield, three guys coming at you with gunfire is enough to take you down while maybe capping off a reverse ninja double kill in the process.

What about y'all? Have you completed your medal quest yet? Are there any other medals you're having trouble on and need advice to get?
Daaamn OP, that's some dedication right there. Congrats on reaching 100% :)
Triple Threat & Buzzer Beater are indeed glitched. Congrats on getting all the medals. I've put in the time but I ran out of talent at about 50% completion lol. Pretty cool to see someone get them all.
I've almost got everything, but I have a req glitch where I can't get a mongoose cert :/. The extermination one where you have to survive has proven to be the hardest.
I've almost got everything, but I have a req glitch where I can't get a mongoose cert :/. The extermination one where you have to survive has proven to be the hardest.
Just so you know Spartan, I thought I had a mongoose certification glitch, too. It ended up not being a glitch at all; you just have to open up Bronze packs. Try it and see if it works! :)
The DA0 wrote:
Just so you know Spartan, I thought I had a mongoose certification glitch, too. It ended up not being a glitch at all; you just have to open up Bronze packs. Try it and see if it works! :)
I've opened hundreds of bronzepacks to get it, I only ever get req points back. The cerrt is also available in silvers but those don't work either.
The DA0 wrote:
I've opened hundreds of bronzepacks to get it, I only ever get req points back. The cerrt is also available in silvers but those don't work either.
You don't receive REQ points back from bronze packs...
Congrats man
Wow, nice job!
Nice
The DA0 wrote:
The DA0 wrote:
You don't receive REQ points back from bronze packs...
Either way I've opened enough to realize that I can't get it.
Congratulations! That's dedication. I still need 3 oddball medals and the infection spree medals. Infection is tedious to me so I will probably never get those unfortunately
The DA0 wrote:
Hello Spartans, Dao here

This is the post I've been waiting to make now that I just completed my last medal in order to become the FIRST in the world to get all Halo 5 Multiplayer Medals in matchmaking!

I acquired "The Cure" medal yesterday and another one shortly after while grinding in infection.

There still are 2 medals (Triple Threat & Buzzer Beater) that aren't registered but only because they've been glitched since the game's release. However, I've recorded my successful attempts at meeting the requirements for these medals through recorded clips as proof of my 100% completion. If you've managed to get one of these medals and have proof of it on your waypoint profile, I challenge you to show off what can be considered the rarest medals in the game.

This was quite fun to try and hunt down all these medals. I wanted to acquire them all fairly and honestly, so I recorded every single (what I considered to be) hard-to-get medal after I got them.

"The Cure" was tough, but I think the one I was sweating over the most was "Smooth Moves", which was getting a triple kill with the oddball. Not three kills spread out, no. A triple kill. Sounds easy right? Nope. As the Oddball carrier, you are public enemy number one. Even with an overshield, three guys coming at you with gunfire is enough to take you down while maybe capping off a reverse ninja double kill in the process.

What about y'all? Have you completed your medal quest yet? Are there any other medals you're having trouble on and need advice to get?
Very very impressive. Can you achieve 100% of your REQ collection?
Is this something on Halotracker? Just wondering how you found out you're the first to achieve this.
This kid deserves some type of award. Just saying.
The DA0 wrote:
Hello Spartans, Dao here

Very very impressive. Can you achieve 100% of your REQ collection?
I never bought the limited-run REQ Packs of team skins for the Halo Championship, so I'll never get 100% on the skins. I do have all vehicles and weapons unlocked. I'm okay with this, but my inner-completionist wishes the extra skins weren't considered part of the collection.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
Is this something on Halotracker? Just wondering how you found out you're the first to achieve this.
While you can look up your medals on HaloTracker, there isn't an official way to track all the medals individually except on Halo Waypoint profiles. How I did it was cross compare to the players with the highest amount of medals like Unyshek, SiN SHOOT2KILL, Luke TheNotable and a few others who also have every medal in the game except for the Oddball ones (because Oddball has always been a timed, limited-run playlist).

Before I was grinding to get "The Cure" medal, I wanted to wait until there was a chokehold on currently-running Oddball playlists to prevent any Ten-Second-Tom from saying "Oh I got 100% before you, dude!" since some of the rarest medals are exclusive to Oddball only. OzLog WarTooth was in my company and I know he got those specific Oddball medals, but he was missing a few others so I decided to jump at the chance to be first. The only playlist that has Oddball currently is Team Arena, which makes getting "Smooth Moves" even harder since it's ranked. Not only that, the ball takes two registered melee hits to kill which makes it twice as difficult to get that medal than it already is.

All that being said, I'd like there to be an official way to track this since it felt like a fun, multi-playlist scavenger hunt more than anything. I actually became a more skillful player by learning all the little nuances that each map & gamemode provided. Maybe HaloTracker can add this feature in the future.

I put the link to the spreadsheet in my Waypoint Bio. I would've linked it to this post but I'm not ranked high enough yet.
Congratulations, it must have taken quite a while. But how do you know that you’re the first to collect all the medals?
Congratulations, it must have taken quite a while. But how do you know that you’re the first to collect all the medals?
See comment above (including the spreadsheet on my bio). At this moment, Unyshek is in 2nd place with only 3 unacquired medals while I have all of them. Also, I video clipped all the hard-to-get medals with timestamps to prove I was first.
Congrats!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yeah I'm curious about this as well. I am not aware of any solid way of tracking medals unlike achievements and challenges.

Regardless, congrats on the accomplishment :-) Not an easy feat by any means.