Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

First mission easter egg? Burning knife.

OP CriptixZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
---EDIT---
WE FOUND THE EGG
CHECK IT OUT!
Spoiler:
Show
Hello there as many of you boys and girl read in the title I think I found something nobody else had found.

The first mission. You fall on the ground Kill the elites. Then the rest of the enemies get swiped by an object.

However this is where the fun part starts. Take your time and look around. Me and my friend noticed something.

A knife in the stone. The same one Locke has. You climb on the object that fell out of the sky at the right side. You climb the ledge. You take 2 steps and right at the edge there is a stone with the knife in it. At first I was like wtf?

I called over my friend who was gone for like a sec. Internet problems... So I waited and got bored of waiting. So I started doing weird -Yoink-, then I punched that knife and guess what?

It lit on fire for no reason at all. I don't know if it's a bug or so. I started googling, I found nothing and so I came here. Asking if any of you guys know the answer. What does it mean or is it just a reference to king Arthur?

Many thanks,
Aaron
CriptixZ wrote:
Hello there as many of you boys and girl read in the title I think I found something nobody else had found.

The first mission. You fall on the ground Kill the elites. Then the rest of the enemies get swiped by an object.

However this is where the fun part starts. Take your time and look around. Me and my friend noticed something.

A knife in the stone. The same one Locke has. You climb on the object that fell out of the sky at the right side. You climb the ledge. You take 2 steps and right at the edge there is a stone with the knife in it. At first I was like wtf?

I called over my friend who was gone for like a sec. Internet problems... So I waited and got bored of waiting. So I started doing weird -Yoink-, then I punched that knife and guess what?

It lit on fire for no reason at all. I don't know if it's a bug or so. I started googling, I found nothing and so I came here. Asking if any of you guys know the answer. What does it mean or is it just a reference to king Arthur?

Many thanks,
Aaron
It could be just the first stage of an Easter egg. In the Blue Team mission, the first step for the banshee swarm Easter egg was to shoot an object the exploded in fire and then you had to shoot something else to actually activate the whole thing.
Alright so I'm really curious about this. I've been searching for this knife for a while but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know anything about this?
Hmm I'll have to try this later, it's not april but it's never to early for easter egg hunts!
Well everything is a on fire
It is in fact the first stage of an Easter egg. Because when you punch the knife you hear the yaaaay sound.
Once again. Mission one start, right side on the ledge. Climb the covy thing that wiped out the enemy's and look on the ledge.
It is in fact the first stage of an Easter egg. Because when you punch the knife you hear the yaaaay sound.
Once again. Mission one start, right side on the ledge. Climb the covy thing that wiped out the enemy's and look on the ledge.
I noticed a ammo-less sword where you first fall down too that you can pick up. Not sure if that's part of it.
I noticed a ammo-less sword where you first fall down too that you can pick up. Not sure if that's part of it.
That's the sword which you used to slice through the elites throat at the start of the campaign if i'm not mistaken.
Wish I would have seen it, I would beat all my enemies to death with it. I love the sword, ammo or no, lol. I just wish it was infinite ammo...
I haven't noticed this yet... if it's true, nice find OP!
It would be cool if you used the DVR feature and link to a clip of this.
Here's a clip of it https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/0e4d8048-14b9-497e-9c96-8f37869f4642?gamerTag=xt0rted&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

The object only shows up on legendary difficulty. I looked around and played through some of the level but nothing seemed different and I couldn't find anything else.
xt0rted wrote:
Here's a clip of it https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/0e4d8048-14b9-497e-9c96-8f37869f4642?gamerTag=xt0rted&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

The object only shows up on legendary difficulty. I looked around and played through some of the level but nothing seemed different and I couldn't find anything else.
yes you found it, I played through the level myself and I didn't find anything that could be shot or could even be part of the easter egg.

I maybe thought a popular youtube channel found it already, but when I found it I was the only one for some reason.
I found a second knife! It lights on fire when I shoot it, but it doesn't go yaaay, so I must of skipped a step. It only appears after you light the first knife. I don't think it's on a timer, because I tried running to it as fast as I could, but maybe I wasn't fast enough. The second knife is on a ledge at the end of that first starting area cliff, where you can still see that big battle going on in the background.

If anyone is online, we should get a search team going, but first I'm going to eat some pizza and will check back here in about 20 minutes to half an hour.
#HuntTheTruth

Spoiler:
Show
I'm online if anyone wants to investigate this.
xt0rted wrote:

Ahh, that was my problem, I wasn't playing on legendary. I'll check it out later with my friend when we play on legendary
I have found three so far.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15