2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 32
its a good idea but it would be annoying for some vehicles like banshees so people should have the option
maybe as an option on forge, but nah i think leave them with 3rd person
its a good idea but it would be annoying for some vehicles like banshees so people should have the option
i would love to have a first person banshee, then i could finally have the chance to see the hud of it, and a ghost, be more like farcry.
Unless 343 messes this up, and completely destroys it.
how bout 343 adds the camera view 0.00 instead of lowest being 0.10.
I think it would be cool to have an option to go in either first or third person like in gta v on halo 5 and upcoming halo games.
I think it would be cool to have an option to go in either first or third person like in gta v on halo 5 and upcoming halo games.
would be great.
all of the covenant vehicles would be really weird,especially the banshee
So kind of like Star Wars Battlefront? I think it would be cool as an option.
Definitely, that does will not work. Have yo seen videos showings mods that try to show how would be? Just looks horrible.
I don't think this would be much of a problem in competitive for a few reasons.

1. As long as there is an option for it, higher level games won't allow people to have much of an edge. It would probably work like assassinations; Having them on can put you at a disadvantage, so competitors turn them off.

2. Competitive halo doesn't really have 3rd person objects the way it is currently. There aren't turrets, vehicles, or (for the most part) assassinations.

I think 1st person always would be a cool feature, but I think the main problem would just be making sure the camera doesn't clip into walls, Spartans, etc.
There gotta be a setting for first assassination if going to be in a game. but it will take to add that
Great idea for Scorpio if it gets Halo 6 and VR.
I wouldn't think that they would spend money and time adding a number of HUD's to the game, in the late stage of it's life.

Again, it would be great in H6.
I think we gotta keep it the way it is but change the customization for crying out loud!
Ever since the mountain turret started i didnt like going in third person i would like to experience it in first person and also it would be pretty cool to fly in first person aswell.
To be honest, all of this 1st person stuff could work, just only if the Microsoft guys and gals would add it in for certain playlists and game-modes that could support it.
Ive been thinking, what if Assassinations, Driving, flying, using mounted turrets were in first person, but optional in the settings. who'd be interested? and before people start commenting, someone let me know if there is a discussion for this already
Sounds Good
that would be cool to have, but for the assassinations I wouldn't want that in first person because it can make you vulnerable since you cant look around for any enemy sneaking up on you, but adding it for everything else would be cool.
Think about how elaborate assassinations are now, then look at the 'assassination' type moves in say, Battlefield.

If you kept Halo's style of assassinations, you'd get motion sick from First person assassinations (as modders have previously shown) and would barely see anything; Unless they were specifically redesigned for First person, which throws out the 'choice' option since they then wouldn't look interesting enough to warrant third person. No acrobatics, no wrestling moves, no weapon specific execution style maneuvers, just poke in the chest with a knife, same as Battlefield, maybe a gut stab with the Energy Sword.

It's another case of 'one choice compromises the other' but people dismiss that and say 'well we can have both' without thinking about it.

As for vehicles? They're third person for a reason. Some driver's situational awareness is bad enough without restricting their view to forward facing only, and I'd have no way of knowing if a player is in first person or third person at that point unless a big 'FP' comes up over their head, cluttering up the already busy HUD.
'But just have it in customs' having a perspective change needs to be tested, a glitchy element in the shipped game shows lack of polish which at this point isn't an option for 343; and testing an element such as this can't be justified if it's an element that some people might use sometimes in custom games only.

Now, implementing other players first person views in Theater mode? That'd be a nice addition, but otherwise, I think it's an unnecessary gameplay proposition at a time when so much else needs fixing.
It would be a cool feature to include, but probably wouldn't be used that much and it gives a significant advantage to those who are in third person vs first person.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 32