Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

First time playing Halo 5 multiplayer...

OP SilentRebel38

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Motion Man wrote:
AND I'm completely disappointed and let down. I LOVE every Halo and I'm a great player of Reach. Some 2 days ago, I ended an Invasion game with 30 kills and 10 deaths. Now, my first game of Halo 5, I carried my team... but afterwards, I was met with problems and more problems that gave me an undesirable taste for it's multiplayer. First off, the camera is weird for me and I have absolutely no idea why 343 had to complicate simple things that in turn made me harder to aim. Then, it's my opponents and team. Remember those memes where your team is always playing around while the enemy team seems like they're coordinating? That's exactly what I felt. I died more than I killed and most of my deaths were from enemies that flanked me. And I was ALWAYS flanked. Meanwhile, my team seemed like they couldn't do anything and that I had to do everything myself, but I couldn't help myself, let alone my team. In a Elimination game I had, my team won 0 ROUNDS.
This is my unfortunate take: I was super excited to try out Halo 5 multiplayer, but these 1st few matches let me VERY down almost, if not, making me give up on it. If I can't even aim, how can I improve? And how is it possible that I find the campaign more enjoyable than multiplayer? I'm open to any suggestions to help me improve, but otherwise I'm avoiding playing it.
EDIT: Yes, you can also say that I made this thread to relief some frustration.
sorry man I cant really give your complaints much merrit. its coming off like a guy walking into the gym and pissed off at the gym because he cant lift 250 pounds right away.

you are getting flanked because you dont know the maps

you might have trouble adjusting to 60 fps? i dont know what you mean about the camera

there is no auto aim on the last shot, it does take more skill so you will need practice to get kills.

If you dont want to put the time in to get good at the game then dont complain that you are not good at the game. When I first started playing halo back in CE i went to a land party and got destroyed, I kept playing and eventually got better. that is my suggestion.
I know exaclty how Truth is designed, yet I was ALWAYS flanked.
No trouble whatsoever, it felt floaty. I think I resolved that issue now.
These first matches got me very frustrated. I expected to have some difficulty, but not the kind I have experienced. I'm now working myself into getting better at it. Also, the edit.
try using the built in LFG feature on xbox live to find a group to play with, or even post here for people to play with so you can communicate.

a large portion of the playerbase that is remaining are pretty skilled players so it could be tough.

If you play your placement matches in any ranked playlist you will get ranked according to your skill and then only play against similarly ranked players, that could help.
Motion Man wrote:
Motion Man wrote:
AND I'm completely disappointed and let down. I LOVE every Halo and I'm a great player of Reach. Some 2 days ago, I ended an Invasion game with 30 kills and 10 deaths. Now, my first game of Halo 5, I carried my team... but afterwards, I was met with problems and more problems that gave me an undesirable taste for it's multiplayer. First off, the camera is weird for me and I have absolutely no idea why 343 had to complicate simple things that in turn made me harder to aim. Then, it's my opponents and team. Remember those memes where your team is always playing around while the enemy team seems like they're coordinating? That's exactly what I felt. I died more than I killed and most of my deaths were from enemies that flanked me. And I was ALWAYS flanked. Meanwhile, my team seemed like they couldn't do anything and that I had to do everything myself, but I couldn't help myself, let alone my team. In a Elimination game I had, my team won 0 ROUNDS.
This is my unfortunate take: I was super excited to try out Halo 5 multiplayer, but these 1st few matches let me VERY down almost, if not, making me give up on it. If I can't even aim, how can I improve? And how is it possible that I find the campaign more enjoyable than multiplayer? I'm open to any suggestions to help me improve, but otherwise I'm avoiding playing it.
EDIT: Yes, you can also say that I made this thread to relief some frustration.
I know exaclty how Truth is designed, yet I was ALWAYS flanked.
No trouble whatsoever, it felt floaty. I think I resolved that issue now.
These first matches got me very frustrated. I expected to have some difficulty, but not the kind I have experienced. I'm now working myself into getting better at it. Also, the edit.
try using the built in LFG feature on xbox live to find a group to play with, or even post here for people to play with so you can communicate.

a large portion of the playerbase that is remaining are pretty skilled players so it could be tough.

If you play your placement matches in any ranked playlist you will get ranked according to your skill and then only play against similarly ranked players, that could help.
Unfortunately, I can barely find any matches if I set my search preferences to Balanced. But we'll see what will happen. I'll try to get a group. Thanks.
As others have said just play around with your controller and sensitivity settings. Don't beat yourself up over a few bad games, you are jumping into this later than others. So you're going up against players who have been playing H5 longer than you have. Also try making a post in the Recruiting forums if you're looking to find others to team up and play with.
As others have said just play around with your controller and sensitivity settings. Don't beat yourself up over a few bad games, you are jumping into this later than others. So you're going up against players who have been playing H5 longer than you have. Also try making a post in the Recruiting forums if you're looking to find others to team up and play with.
I think the controller issue is already resolved. As for recruiting, I'll try that later.
OK can you guys do me a favor please. My friend gamertag Ninjraco seems to be way lower then he should ive looked over his stats for swat and he is lower rank then me with a higher win ratio and kda but lower rank. His numbers after 70 games is higher then some of the high onyx that only have 20 or so games and close to the stats of some of the HC. Hes in my company and getting very frustarated with the new system and is ready to put halo down for good all tiltles so it would be great if I could tell him why. Thank you very much. sry for the miss spells lol
Don't be discouraged by going into Arena for the first time and not doing great, that's very normal. Stick with it. The people you are playing against have probably been playing the game for at least several months if not years.

Check out some tips videos on YouTube, that's helped me a lot. I recommend Proximitty (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdODOwfwyM8xH01KRfUm0A) and Luke TheNotable (https://www.youtube.com/user/Creolesbackfire).
NightClerk wrote:
Don't be discouraged by going into Arena for the first time and not doing great, that's very normal. Stick with it. The people you are playing against have probably been playing the game for at least several months if not years.

Check out some tips videos on YouTube, that's helped me a lot. I recommend Proximitty (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRdODOwfwyM8xH01KRfUm0A) and Luke TheNotable (https://www.youtube.com/user/Creolesbackfire).
I'm well aware, however, as I said in my many previous comments, it was an unexpected, rough beginning. Now I know that I must team up with someone if I want to win more often. Less frustration, maybe even just fun. games are always better with other people.
try putting your look acceleration at 2 and keep your dead zones at default for a more classic halo aiming experience
Complaining about bad teammates when coming from Reach? Lol, that's something you should be used to by now. Anyway, you should play ranked if you want people around your skill level. The aiming is terrible in this game so it's one of those things where you'll either get used to it or you won't.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Complaining about bad teammates when coming from Reach? Lol, that's something you should be used to by now. Anyway, you should play ranked if you want people around your skill level. The aiming is terrible in this game so it's one of those things where you'll either get used to it or you won't.
Yes, because unlike these I encountered in Halo 5, I could rely on them without making me thinking that I have to do everything myself. That's exactly what I felt.
You can add me as a friend OP if you like mate, I'm not very good and play from Australia so I get a lot of lag and struggle at times but I have a mic and mostly play Social playlists but happy doing ranked...
Yes, because unlike these I encountered in Halo 5, I could rely on them without making me thinking that I have to do everything myself. That's exactly what I felt.
You only played seven games so far in multiple playlists so that's not really a big sample size to judge a game on. I looked at your games and you did have a few with bad teammates, but you also had others where your teammates did alright or performed better than you. I'd say to keep playing and remember that you're not always going to get decent teammates playing solo or try to play with a party instead if you do decide to play ranked.
Be patient, and hang in there OP. As many have said, this is the most team based Halo game, ever. I play solo 99% of the time in Halo (friends more into sports games, or other franchises, I've always been the Halo weirdo), and this is the first time I've ever won less than 50% of my games. It is brutal.

But, I will say, Halo 5 is my favorite 4v4 Halo game, ever. It's a bit tougher, but to me, feels extremely rewarding when things go well. I'm not great, but it can be a blast.

My advice: Just play, practice, have fun, and don't take it too seriously.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You only played seven games so far in multiple playlists so that's not really a big sample size to judge a game on. I looked at your games and you did have a few with bad teammates, but you also had others where your teammates did alright or performed better than you. I'd say to keep playing and remember that you're not always going to get decent teammates playing solo or try to play with a party instead if you do decide to play ranked.
They made me THINK I had to do everything myself.
J Teeps wrote:
Be patient, and hang in there OP. As many have said, this is the most team based Halo game, ever. I play solo 99% of the time in Halo (friends more into sports games, or other franchises, I've always been the Halo weirdo), and this is the first time I've ever won less than 50% of my games. It is brutal.

But, I will say, Halo 5 is my favorite 4v4 Halo game, ever. It's a bit tougher, but to me, feels extremely rewarding when things go well. I'm not great, but it can be a blast.

My advice: Just play, practice, have fun, and don't take it too seriously.
Anyway, responding to you both, I will keep playing. Played SWAT yesterday and did quite good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2