Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Fix camp crouchers and camo boarding

OP Married Jo Wana

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Enough is enough... how many times have i seen someone corner crouch a vehicle spawn is countless. It's cheap, unsporty, and ruins the fun aspect to even call in a high REQ. I say to fix this

- Make advanced sensors see crouched players on the radar when nearby and active camo

- If camo is used, boarding shouldn't be enabled. If this solution is frowned upon then atleast allow the vehicle to be punched a few times before placing a 1 sec grenade... like seriously these vehicles are so easy to plant a grenade in.
Advanced sensors only see crouched player not camos there is no counter to camo since you can still basically see them and they can't move fast, using a camo to board a vehicle is a great strategy its smart, so in otherwords no. You should be aware of your surrounding check the vehicle spawn before you spawn it and if you really dont want to lose it spawn it at home base, at the rate this is going you could say that its unfair if you spawn a powerweapon and die instantly because you didn't check to see if any enemies were around by the req station
R3dMarine wrote:
Advanced sensors only see crouched player not camos there is no counter to camo since you can still basically see them and they can't move fast, using a camo to board a vehicle is a great strategy its smart, so in otherwords no. You should be aware of your surrounding check the vehicle spawn before you spawn it and if you really dont want to lose it spawn it at home base, at the rate this is going you could say that its unfair if you spawn a powerweapon and die instantly because you didn't check to see if any enemies were around by the req station
I agree, this is just an unnecessary rant really. Players are well-within their right to try and disable an enemy vehicle before it does damage to their team.
R3dMarine wrote:
Should have specifically said that this occurred to me at home base when our sheilds were up. And yeah it's unfair, have the time you can't even pick the home base, it'll say -yoink- you. spawn at fortress or something and be trapped or boarded. however this was not the case cause we didn't have a garage so i felt safe with my home base. And to add, this game is rock, paper, scissors. EVERYTHING NEEDS A COUNTER.
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
I agree, this is just an unnecessary rant really. Players are well-within their right to try and disable an enemy vehicle before it does damage to their team.
You have the Achilles armor, i see your response as not so suprising, really.
How did someone get inside your base when your shields were up? If they were waiting outside the door it's your own fault for not noticing them
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
What does him having the armor have to do with anything lol for all you know he could have been in the company for five mins before they got the armor
but he is right. It's Nature of the game.
How did someone get inside your base when your shields were up? If they were waiting outside the door it's your own fault for not noticing them
Have you not played alot. I mean, i've seen multiple cases of triple cap, you recapture the farthest armory...meanwhile little camping noob stays in your base until trip has been recaped?
Enough is enough... how many times have i seen someone corner crouch a vehicle spawn is countless. It's cheap, unsporty, and ruins the fun aspect to even call in a high REQ. I say to fix this

- Make advanced sensors see crouched players on the radar when nearby and active camo

- If camo is used, boarding shouldn't be enabled. If this solution is frowned upon then atleast allow the vehicle to be punched a few times before placing a 1 sec grenade... like seriously these vehicles are so easy to plant a grenade in.
If you know people do it, why don't you check before you summon the vehicle or return to your home base to do so. You can always 'clear the lane' so to speak.
Kihn x ju wrote:
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
What does him having the armor have to do with anything lol for all you know he could have been in the company for five mins before they got the armor
but he is right. It's Nature of the game.
Sorry man, but rock, paper, scissors. It's what made Halo great. Searching.... just dust and echoes.
I think they sell a cream for what you're feeling. There is nothing else to fix
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:
I think they sell a cream for what you're feeling. There is nothing else to fix
Wake up John!
R3dMarine wrote:
Should have specifically said that this occurred to me at home base when our sheilds were up. And yeah it's unfair, have the time you can't even pick the home base, it'll say -yoink- you. spawn at fortress or something and be trapped or boarded. however this was not the case cause we didn't have a garage so i felt safe with my home base. And to add, this game is rock, paper, scissors. EVERYTHING NEEDS A COUNTER.
Camo counters itself since you limit yourself in comparison the to the other powerups, overshield, speedboost and damage boost you can play totally normal and its always in effect, camo you have to walk slower to keep it working if you take damage you're seen for the next few seconds. Getting hijacked in homebase doesn't call for "fixing" hijacking it calls for fixing people being able to get into the homebase with the shields ups and you can spawn in homebase rather easy just walk to it and spawn in what you need or select it when you're dead.

ZEROF0RCE wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
You realize that tons of non farming companies have the Achilles armor right?
R3dMarine wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Camo counters itself since you limit yourself in comparison the to the other powerups, overshield, speedboost and damage boost you can play totally normal and its always in effect, camo you have to walk slower to keep it working if you take damage you're seen for the next few seconds. Getting hijacked in homebase doesn't call for "fixing" hijacking it calls for fixing people being able to get into the homebase with the shields ups and you can spawn in homebase rather easy just walk to it and spawn in what you need or select it when you're dead.
I go for Unfrigs.. dying isn't optional. I know what you're saying. I've played this game since launch. Played Halo since Halo 3 (Multiplayer wise). I REALLY DON'T SEE WHY CAMO SHOULD'T BEE SEEN ON ADVANCED RADARS, HARDLY ANYONE USES IT, AND ITS NOT LIKE YOU'LL SEE THEM A MILE AWAY?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
gethtones wrote:
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Butthurt detected.
Keyboard warrior detected. Sorry dude, your language is ineffective.
R3dMarine wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
I go for Unfrigs.. dying isn't optional. I know what you're saying. I've played this game since launch. Played Halo since Halo 3 (Multiplayer wise). I REALLY DON'T SEE WHY CAMO SHOULD'T BEE SEEN ON ADVANCED RADARS, HARDLY ANYONE USES IT, AND ITS NOT LIKE YOU'LL SEE THEM A MILE AWAY?
Caps lock sent to maximum, captain.

You can see camo on radar, unless they are crouching or have advanced sensors. Both of those things prevent you from being seen on radar anyway. I fell your pain, it sucks to call in a vehicle and have it get boarded immediately or be splasered out of the sky the second you spawn, but that is part of the game. You can easily spawn the vehicle in a safe space or as I posted earlier 'clear the lane.' I agree camping vehicle spawns is cheap, but there isn't anything that can or will be done about it.
I think camo is fine as is. What red said is true. You limit how you can play if you wanna keep the camo up.
In this case of enemies are staying in home base after shield have been activated again either you and your team mates need to be more aware or there should be like a kill volume of sorts to deter enemies trying to camp in your base waiting. Idk. I don't play a lot of war zone so I don't notice these issues an just assume war zone is built on being un balanced and you need to just kinda suck it up.

Mmm, I kind of agree with this. It feels a little bit unfair when you suddenly see that enemy popping up hanging on the back of your tank, planting a grenade and BOOM! Its over. You don't really have any chance against that. The punching is great, as it gives time for other teammates to get the enemy of your back. But I think the whole 'plant grenade on a hijack' should not be allowed. Vehicles should be feared and mean something when their cards are played. The whole 'I can just camo board it' goes against the rarity and value of those vehicle cards.
R3dMarine wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
Caps lock sent to maximum, captain.

You can see camo on radar, unless they are crouching or have advanced sensors. Both of those things prevent you from being seen on radar anyway. I fell your pain, it sucks to call in a vehicle and have it get boarded immediately or be splasered out of the sky the second you spawn, but that is part of the game. You can easily spawn the vehicle in a safe space or as I posted earlier 'clear the lane.' I agree camping vehicle spawns is cheap, but there isn't anything that can or will be done about it.
Thanks, someone who actually read and comprehended the situation at hand. I know NOTHING will be done about it. Seeing as everyone on here quite enjoys this broken mechanic.. it instigates me enough having a 1 second grenade placement. But i will be vigilant next time using ground vehicles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2