Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Fix the Splatters

OP GreenIdiot

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Spartans are cool and that! They can jump, thrust do some crazy stuff however when a scorpion or wraith comes in and "splatters" you in the slowest speed ever that's when you laugh about how stupid you died and why this is an issue on the first place. Spartans can survive a fall from space but can't survive the slowest hit and run? Bruh, even humans in real life can survive this. It's JUST as bad a C.E but not worse, that was awful. This has happened to all of us and i think this needs to be fixed because they're spartans and they should be able to live after getting hit by any vehicle the at 5kph.

If you wanna see the story behind this thread then check the link:

https://account.xbox.com/en-au/gameclip/e63d8be5-fc1f-4eba-9ead-4d4353cc252b?gamerTag=GreenIdiot&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5
Its a gameplay mechanic its a way to kinda counter the fact that spartan can move faster and dodge splatters a lot easier.
While it's certainly not very realistic, it's important to remember you have quite a few options at your disposal to avoid splattering. You can sprint, thrust, or heck: You can even clamber over vehicles and not take any damage. But I agree that the splatter damage could be tweaked a bit.
GreenIdiot wrote:
Bruh, even humans in real life can survive this.
Care to test this? I'll go grab a tank run it into you at full speed and you tell me if you're ok after
R3dMarine wrote:
GreenIdiot wrote:
Care to test this? I'll go grab a tank run it into you at full speed and you tell me if you're ok after
R3d pls
Yah, Scorpions momentum need to change in order to splatter you depending on where you are but they still need a kick start. they fixed the splatter for ghosts so its harder to splatter now in ghost and easier to hijack so I guess that is good and bad really. I don't really think the Scorpion should be changed unless its the way they were in halo reach where if they shot at something they would hit that something unless its really long range its a bit harder to kill banshees in a Scorpion now.
R3dMarine wrote:
GreenIdiot wrote:
Pancakes anyone!
I only need a fix on those Scorpion Splatters. Nothing I love more than calling in an active camo only to get spattered by a forward traveling Scorpion from the back of it. Love it (sarcasm).
Well, if a human got hit by a tank in real life... it wouldn't end well for the human.
If you get splattered by a Scorpion you were looking the in opposite direction or need to practice jumping. The Wraith however has boost. You had better time your jump, thrust or whatever or its halo heaven.
I think OP's gripe here is that he was on top of said scorpion and the turret turning splattered him. Of course you should die if you get hit by a tank, but death by slowly rotating turret? I don't think so.
R3dMarine wrote:
GreenIdiot wrote:
lmao
The Scorpion and Wraith definitely need tweaking when it comes to this. I've been killed so many time by non-boosting Wraith just coasting at less than their maximum default speed.

An especially annoying aspect of this isn't just the momentum, but the angles involved too. If I'm level with a Wraith and it drives into me at max speed without boosting, then that should kill me. But if I'm in garage on the top floor and a Wraith is on the bottom floor moving at less than max speed without boosting, and I jump onto said Wraith from above to attempt to board it, there's no way that given the vector I approached at that the Wraith could justifiably run me over.

Instead of vehicles functioning like their momentum exists in the direction that they're moving (like actual physics), its almost like the action of moving forward creates a bubble of equal velocity around the vehicle. Very very strange, and aggravating too.
The splatter hit box on the Scorpion tank needs to be adjusted. I see more issues with this than any other vehicle in the game. If you turn the turret *SPLATTER*, if you reverse very slowly *SPLATTER*. If you think about the tank moving *SPLATTER*

I record all the weird tank splatters and upload them to my Onedrive.
and when i try to splatter people half the time i just launch them across the map. its really inconsistent
Funny how I can hit some1 full speed with a ghost and only pop their shields but somehow a tank pulling a sick 2mph can splatter even the toughest of spartans.
Well, if a human got hit by a tank in real life... it wouldn't end well for the human.
Well if it travels at 5kph i think i would get a bruise the least
The Scorpion and Wraith definitely need tweaking when it comes to this. I've been killed so many time by non-boosting Wraith just coasting at less than their maximum default speed.

An especially annoying aspect of this isn't just the momentum, but the angles involved too. If I'm level with a Wraith and it drives into me at max speed without boosting, then that should kill me. But if I'm in garage on the top floor and a Wraith is on the bottom floor moving at less than max speed without boosting, and I jump onto said Wraith from above to attempt to board it, there's no way that given the vector I approached at that the Wraith could justifiably run me over.

Instead of vehicles functioning like their momentum exists in the direction that they're moving (like actual physics), its almost like the action of moving forward creates a bubble of equal velocity around the vehicle. Very very strange, and aggravating too.

wraiths are the worst to hijack from the top level
Please, I get splattered when I try to hijack a tank from the back and the tank reverses, stubs my toe and I go flying across the -Yoinking!- map!
Please, I get splattered when I try to hijack a tank from the back and the tank reverses, stubs my toe and I go flying across the -Yoinking!- map!
the feels
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2