Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Flood warzone DLC

OP Cpt Burglass

Since the flood returned in HW2 it would make sense that Spartans would have to train for the flood encounter in warzone simulation. Hopefully we will see this in halo 6 if it never comes to halo 5
Since the flood returned in HW2 it would make sense that Spartans would have to train for the flood encounter in warzone simulation. Hopefully we will see this in halo 6 if it never comes to halo 5
It's typically too late to add something as extensive and hardcore into the mix in Halo 5's Warzone now, however it should definitely be on the table for H6, there's been enough hype from the community about the return of the Flood and I'm sure that a Flood WZFF game would be awesome! Or a Firefight similar to that of Reach's, survive for as long as you can!
That would be awsoome i hope 343 will add it to Halo 5 or 6
-Yoink- Amen hell yeah!

*this is everyone’s reaction to the idea and 343 knows it*
I'm not sure about this though; weren't all the flood killed in Halo 3? Isn't that kind of undermining what you went through in that game?

Like "Congrats, you killed all the flood, stopped Truth, rescued Cortana and saved the galaxy. SYKE the flood are back"

Would be interesting from a gameplay perspective (personally I hate the flood though) but would be a bit of a cop out in terms of the story, I feel.
JackLively wrote:
I'm not sure about this though; weren't all the flood killed in Halo 3? Isn't that kind of undermining what you went through in that game?

Like "Congrats, you killed all the flood, stopped Truth, rescued Cortana and saved the galaxy. SYKE the flood are back"

Would be interesting from a gameplay perspective (personally I hate the flood though) but would be a bit of a cop out in terms of the story, I feel.
Just like Keyes and Johnson... Dead and in the grave. But who knows, it's 2525 or whatever year it is and technology abounds.
It would be a cool feature to have this happen.
Also even though master chief destroyed the flood. It Could only kill 9/10 of it so in halo wars 2 you fight the last 1/10 of the flood
JackLively wrote:

No, all the Flood were not killed in Halo 3, just one specific rings worth of Flood. There are Flood still on other Rings, and as Halo Wars 2 has shown, the remnants of High Charity. So it doesn't undermine anything you did in Halo 3. You killed the Gravemind, that much was certain, but from a bigger picture perspective it was the equivalent of stepping on a single worker ant out of a colony.
JackLively wrote:

No, all the Flood were not killed in Halo 3, just one specific rings worth of Flood. There are Flood still on other Rings, and as Halo Wars 2 has shown, the remnants of High Charity. So it doesn't undermine anything you did in Halo 3. You killed the Gravemind, that much was certain, but from a bigger picture perspective it was the equivalent of stepping on a single worker ant out of a colony.
Fair enough then. I personally don't really want to ever have to deal with the flood again, because they're fantastic enemies but I really hate fighting them in game.
I hate fighting the Prometheans, too though, but they're at least a little less... awkward to fight, if that makes any sense.

I've never played Halo Wars though, so I have no idea about the lore of it, or the direction of the story.

I understand though that Brutes have come back, are we gonna see that in Halo 6? I'd love to have a 4 way fight between The Covenant, The Brutes, The UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios, and The Prometheans. That would be incredible. I guess if the flood were there it wouldn't be too bad... they'd be a little diluted.
JackLively wrote:
JackLively wrote:

Fair enough then. I personally don't really want to ever have to deal with the flood again, because they're fantastic enemies but I really hate fighting them in game.
I hate fighting the Prometheans, too though, but they're at least a little less... awkward to fight, if that makes any sense.

I've never played Halo Wars though, so I have no idea about the lore of it, or the direction of the story.

I understand though that Brutes have come back, are we gonna see that in Halo 6? I'd love to have a 4 way fight between The Covenant, The Brutes, The UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios, and The Prometheans. That would be incredible. I guess if the flood were there it wouldn't be too bad... they'd be a little diluted.
I think the Brutes that you are referring to are a branch of former Covenant species called 'The Banished' that are on the Ark (yep, the Ark from Halo 3.) and appear in Halo Wars 2, one year after the events of Halo 5. They are led by a Brute named Atriox, and have heavy Brute influence and numbers in their ranks, though Elites, Grunts, Engineers, and Hunters are all present. They utilize much of the old Bungie style in their species designs and overall aesthetic, with some more tribal/primitive spikes and metal plating on their vehicles along with a red and steel color scheme to differentiate them from the Covenant (both old and 'Storm' from H4 and 5.)

Some fans such as myself are hoping that they will make an appearance in a Halo FPS (like H6) in some way. I personally find them and their story/interactions much more interesting than the Prometheans and Storm Covenant remnants.
I'd love to see the Flood in Halo 6, as I doubt that there is any more major DLC planned for Halo 5 at this point. Unfortunately I'm nervous that with Halo's T rating the Flood will remain fairly distant or detached from the story in FPS titles to keep that 'T' market they seem to want. The flood was immersed in disgusting, violent, and honestly terrifying ideas and presentation (in a good way) but I think with a T rating they will either be limited to a back seat role or just not appear at all.

The Flood's appearance in AtN was also neutered a bit in my opinion with minimal on screen violence and flood dismemberment, even having almost no blood or bodily fluids save from large flood entities with no resemblance to humanoid creatures. While I don't need to see Dead Space levels of violence, blood splatter, and dismemberment, the Flood in AtN felt a bit 'family friendly' compared to the horrific scenarios in H:CE-3.
I'd love to see the Flood in Halo 6, as I doubt that there is any more major DLC planned for Halo 5 at this point. Unfortunately I'm nervous that with Halo's T rating the Flood will remain fairly distant or detached from the story in FPS titles to keep that 'T' market they seem to want. The flood was immersed in disgusting, violent, and honestly terrifying ideas and presentation (in a good way) but I think with a T rating they will either be limited to a back seat role or just not appear at all.

The Flood's appearance in AtN was also neutered a bit in my opinion with minimal on screen violence and flood dismemberment, even having almost no blood or bodily fluids save from large flood entities with no resemblance to humanoid creatures. While I don't need to see Dead Space levels of violence, blood splatter, and dismemberment, the Flood in AtN felt a bit 'family friendly' compared to the horrific scenarios in H:CE-3.
Their rating was already "T", not sure if they can change it, that's probably why there wasn't any gore.
A horde mode or defending a base from the flood for an allotted amount of time could work?
A horde mode or defending a base from the flood for an allotted amount of time could work?
You mean Firefight? If they did that with just Flood, it'd kinda suck. They should do it with the other enemies too. With separate playlists for Covenant, Prometheans, Flood, or all of the above.

Personally I wish they just added more co op or story based games to Halo 5, or failing that do it for Halo 6.
everyone here makes a strong valid point. and of course i meant firefight. since the flood returned and how the uncs knows about flood on rings it makes sense that they would train in the warzone simulation.
Most likely won't be in Halo 5 but maybe in Halo 6.